User Tag List

First 78910 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Game development. Because I love video games and the kind of experience they can represent. Nothing else really. But I don't really know anything about game development and my major is one a different wavelength as are my "natural talents" which might be the typical people-interaction, good communication skills ENFP deal.
    The reality of game development is actually quite horrible. It is extremely competitive and has a very high burnout rate. It is notoriously the most high-stress area of software development and is definitely not for ENFPs.

I would say (in all seriousness) that you would need to have Aspergers to make it in game development.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I used to think I could do anything, but as time goes by, I'm realizing I don't actually excel at anything, and am too much of a philosopher/bullshitter and not enough of a go-getter... :S
    i think that is our secret though... we are A+ bullshitters... we are such good bullshitters that we can convince ourselves to believe our own bullshit. you know it's true...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
    Now, she's a nurse. I think she would like it more if she wasn't a Type 3 - I think it's hard for her to be on the lower rungs of an industry when her real desire is to be at the top.
    type 3 is a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by boondocked View Post
    Communications strategist in advertising!

It's awesome, mostly because you get to live off your ideas -- the new ways you think up to reach people. No day could ever be the same. One moment, you're moderating a focus group, the next whipping up a brand essence video in Final Cut. The coolest part is working with the research and development team to create new products like a really novel little scalpel or a table that electronically records your tab.

It's also ideal if you love public speaking, which I do.

Many agencies believe that in order to keep their people happy and creative, they should do things like provide free classes for learning other languages and furnish a steady flow of alcohol. Free massages too!

I've got two months left of grad school and then I'll be able to hop into an agency full-time. Huzzah!!!

BTW, I'm amazed at the bajillions of things my fellow ENFPs do with their lives. You people are amazing.
    that's pretty awesome.

---

so, ENFP, what do you think of going into law?

alternatively, what is lucrative and will not make me miserable? not that i've ever really been all that miserable in a job, besides physical labor. medicine is a possibility. i school, so don't worry about that... lol...

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
    The reality of game development is actually quite horrible. It is extremely competitive and has a very high burnout rate. It is notoriously the most high-stress area of software development and is definitely not for ENFPs.

I would say (in all seriousness) that you would need to have Aspergers to make it in game development.
    I hear ya. Yeah it doesn't sound all that great. But there is variety within game development. And there are more EFs in game development than you might now. I've started thinking of alternatives, but I'm lost really.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i think that is our secret though... we are A+ bullshitters... we are such good bullshitters that we can convince ourselves to believe our own bullshit. you know it's true...
    Yeah, I only need to know what I want to convince myself I want to do now lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
    Now, she's a nurse. I think she would like it more if she wasn't a Type 3 - I think it's hard for her to be on the lower rungs of an industry when her real desire is to be at the top.

Oh god. I must admit i relate to this A LOT.

I am in medicine school. I realized that MAIN reason to go for medicine (consider that i was 18 when i needed to decide, no "college experience" here to TRY things) is because of enneagram 3's idiotic logic and "i need to do whats absolutely THE BEST".
    I was thinking like this: i am too big potential, i will not waste that in shitty schools like for a teacher (here you should also consider that in my country colleges like that, besides few like medicine, law, or technology really really suck so..) so I should do whats the greatest power.
    It was subconscious motive. Completely run from my 3 and not from "me", and kind of out of fear because going for M.D. is sure in financial and status terms.. but completely wrong choice for me.

Also being a high potential means nothing if you dont like it. Its so misleading, in my case. I got in same shit with Math, high potential, very low interest. That's another story, not related to 3, more to passivity and kinda its hard to avoid things that naturally come in way and bring you money. But still, i hate math.

that's me, i am jobless, perspectiveless, who used to be high potential, bum.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    so, ENFP, what do you think of going into law?

alternatively, what is lucrative and will not make me miserable? not that i've ever really been all that miserable in a job, besides physical labor. medicine is a possibility. i school, so don't worry about that... lol...
    I think law isnt very ENFP career, but there are exceptions.

About medicine, you could see that in college already, if you are super interested in your pre-med courses - probably good choice.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I work a boring office job just to pay the bills but, not surprisingly, I inject a lot of fun into the job, and have found ways to make it creative and to make a difference.

I founded and have managed the office's first ever newsletter for a year now,
    I organized the first ever art show, and I've got several more projects in the works.

My boss stays off my back and lets me work at my own pace because I have demonstrated over and over again that I'm most productive when allowed to do things my way. And at this point, all fun, creative projects that come up are offered to me.

Also, I work for the state, which definitely has its benefits.

You wouldn't believe how much time I'm able to take off.

Big time plus for an ENFP.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Working towards a career in social work. Preferably doing something related to community organizing or health services, but i'm not 100% sure on that part yet...details

getting used to all the paperwork involved might prove to be a challenge, but when it comes to doing something i'm passionate about I'm usually able to get it done. As long as i know it's for a bigger cause it'll get done^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    huh?
    Socionics
    ????

So I am a little late, but better late than never.

Well, I have had exactly 9 different jobs by now (25 years old).

1. Foot Locker (retail)
    2. Soccer Referee
    3. Boston Market cook
    4. MCI (Tele-Marketer)
    5. Best Buy (computer repair/sales)
    6. University physics/chemistry/biology tutor
    7. T-Mobile PDA repair technician
    8. Medical school basic sciences tutor
    9. Radiology assisstant

Basically I have had a job since I was nine years old. I am currently starting my last year of medical school, so I am 1 year and 2 months away from an M.D. degree. I will do my residency in Emergency Medicine, but I can already tell I am very bored w/ medicine. I am one of those guys, that once I've got something down, I'll move on. I'll probably just use the emergency medicine skills as a job I can do once a week.

My next career prospects are as follows:
    1. Charity NGO fund raiser
    2. Charity NGO project manager
    3. High School physics or chemistry teacher

So after my 4 years of residency, I might do 2 more years of ICU training, and then jump into those fields listed above. My best work was done as a tutor, but I also excelled at sales, even though I hated myself at those jobs. As I have matured, i realized the most important thing for me is free time to myself to develop new skill sets. I also need to know that my work is contributing to making this flying ball a better place to live for others.

So here is my advice:

- You must love what you do
    - It must allow you to be financially stable
    - It must make a difference and not make you hate yourself
    - It should allow you to learn many new things
    - You should be recognized as good at what you do.

If you get all of these, your golden but thats hard, so that is why most of us just keep job jumping. I will admit, that the 3rd year of medical school has been an all time spiritual low for me, but it has taught me a work ethic that I can't imagine the best SJ possessing. I go to school from 3:30am-8pm on some rotations for 4 months at a time, 6 days a week and still do some studying at home. I would have never learned that anywhere else. Do I recommend it for everyone? No. But ENFP's do a much better job at medicine than others, due to Ne and the ability to understand very complex theories. There is alot of heirerchical bullshit in medicine so that is a definite turn off, but you learn how to deal with these people better after medical school.

I can talk in more detail later if people are interested on hearing about an ENFP perspective on such a structured field.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

portrait photography...love it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by onemove View Post
    And, DO NOT work for an ISFJ, or every decision you make will be wrong. I made that mistake already.
    Worked with two of those. One was a long time boss and the other worked for me and I was his boss. The second is definitely the better situation but both can be abrasive.

When I was younger I really looked up to my ISFJ boss. He was strong in the area I was really weak at. Kind of Idolized him. But once I went and ran my own store for awhile. Going back and being his pygmalion project was pretty rough.

When I had left I had looked up to him and been impressed by him. When I came back I knew I could never be what he wanted me to be. Nor did I wish to be.

I worked at Gamestop for nine years. Store just closed so now I'm looking for a job as well. Retail job. Being an ENFP made it easy. You build relationships with customers to get your job done. Rather than just being manipulative. You just have to make them like you.

Didn't have the money or hte inspiration for school when I was younger. But now I need to look into that.

A warning about HR for ENFP's. There are a few types of HR. One has to do with alot of details and paperwork so try to avoid that. If you can get a job headhunting or training then you'll be good.