User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Cality View Post
    I LOVE anthropology! I would almost have done a PhD in anthropolgy. I finally choosed neuropsychology.
    sickkkk

in reference to the topic...

I work for the Computer Science Corporation in the Database group. After I'm finished my Information Systems degree I'm going back for clinical psychology. ENFP's have an amazing ability to do whatever intrests them. But, what ENFP's are best at are topics that can keep your intrest. So do what you love with one condition...it MUST keep your intrest.

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm a corporate trainer for a large company and a part time life coach. I chose both of these fields because I love everything about them.

As a trainer, I get to learn all kinds of cool things, figure out ways of getting the information across, and then teaching it. I love being in the classroom.

As a life coach, I get to use my intuitive gifts and connecting talents as high as they will go in order to reach the real truths my clients hold hidden from sometimes even themselves. It's amazing work if you have the knack for it. Hard to come by but wonderful when it does.

Senior Member Martian Manifesto's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    anyone know any ENFP writers? be it novels, childrens, fantasy, TV, commercial, screen play?

im curious how good of a career that would be for an ENFP:

1. would it be too lonely of a job? writing is often associated with introverts. would the fact that writers get to write ABOUT people, impersonate peoples dialogue/actions and the general study of people be enough to engage the ENFP?

2. similar to number 1, Ne can often be just as fascinated by ideas as well as people...i wonder if the idea of every story being different, (also with there being different genres) would be enough to keep the ENFP from getting bored?

im asking the above with the assumption that ENFP already knows that he likes to write in various story forms.
    Try screenwriting. Screenwriters tend (gross generalization) to be more extroverted. Also, screenplays get "reworked" more than most other types of writing, based on a never ending series of client inputs (agent, producer, director, studio, actors, just before shooting, while shooting,etcv). This input is not appreciated by many screenwriters although they put up with it to do the business. Perhaps this would be ideal for an EFNP?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Previous jobs I had..

Graphic Design

Loved- the ability to be creative. Guide clients to making better decisions on visual prints. (I HATE how people base 'good design' as something typical such as cut/paste 'clipart' into a layout with "Times New Roman" text--> yuk)... Large screen LCD, nice apple computer, fat paycheck.

Detested-Sitting behind the screen 40hrs/week... Office job routines bore me. Lack of genuine social interaction. When freelancing- negotiating contracts are the toughest parts when clients demand more than what they pay for.. Staring at the screen for too long made my visual acuity worse.

Pharmacy

Loved- working as a technician in training was okay; working with the people was better! Awesome group of employees. Friendly customers.

What bugged- Routineness. Health insurance companies (U.S.) who denied patients' medications. It really hurt to tell someone (especially those on heart meds, who were elderly/poor, like the bread delivery man who works his ass off) that they couldn't have coverage on their Rx's ANYMORE, that they were to pay $550 for a 28 day supply. I literally had an old man cry on me. I felt so baaadd.. Basically, I hate the current system. Where's the CARE in healthcare???

Volunteer Math Tutor
    Loved- the inspired college students! I loved especially the older ones who couldn't afford an education in their earlier days, who now barely could. They really inspired me!

Disliked- nothing. It was a FUN job. Lot's of bright minds/thirsty learners.

Recommendations for ENFPs (from what I learned)- jobs that actually fit our value system. Personally for me, jobs that inspire me to do something beneficial for the greater good!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    anyone know any ENFP writers? be it novels, childrens, fantasy, TV, commercial, screen play?
    Rumor has it that Charles Dickens, Mark Twain and Dr. Seuss are part of the tribe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Rumor has it that Charles Dickens, Mark Twain and Dr. Seuss are part of the tribe.
    Charles Dickens - idk
    Mark Twain - yes
    Dr. Seuss - wouldn't suprise me

if you like writing, ENFP's can be phenominal writers.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm destined to become a bum since all of the ENFP jobs seem to be either out of my reach because I don't possess a natural talent (for art), or because I simply don't like most of them.

My natural talents, my area of "expertise" and my dream jobs are all in COMPLETELY different areas.

MBTI
    ENFP

What's important for an ENFP career is that whatever you choose is important to you. That it is a reflection of what holds meaning to you... That it somehow feels purposeful...

What are a couple of your ideal jobs? Why do they appeal to you?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse View Post
    What's important for an ENFP career is that whatever you choose is important to you. That it is a reflection of what holds meaning to you... That it somehow feels purposeful...

What are a couple of your ideal jobs? Why do they appeal to you?
    Game development. Because I love video games and the kind of experience they can represent. Nothing else really. But I don't really know anything about game development and my major is one a different wavelength as are my "natural talents" which might be the typical people-interaction, good communication skills ENFP deal.

MBTI
    ENFP

Have you looked into being a game developer? Have you looked for sites with game developer forums?

I can tell you that it's worth pursuing and finding out what is really involved in that industry if that is where your interests truly are. We are much more likely to succeed at something which we enjoy since we are motivated by our interest than to try to make it in something else just because it seems easier.