User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why do some thinkers demonize feelers

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are emotionally immature.

58 31.18%
  • They just don't understand how feelers make decisions.

90 48.39%
  • They confuse emotion with the MBTI definition of feeler.

96 51.61%
  • They have an irrational fear of empathy.

27 14.52%
  • They lack social skills.

28 15.05%
  • They're big meanies!

38 20.43%
  • Feelers are simply better at resolving conflict and dealing with their emotions

10 5.38%
  • Feelers demonize thinkers in private instead of openly.

25 13.44%
  • I'm a feeler and I think feelers suck too.

10 5.38%
  • Other.

39 20.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 4567816 Last

ThatGirl

Thinkers have a natural curiosity towards feelers it is like a foreign language. They hear what a feeler says and see how a feeler reacts and it doesn't always make sense. Just as the way a thinker comes to a conclusion doesn't always make sense to an outsider. The difference is that it is easier to articulate the thought process than it is to back track the feeling process for someone else to understand. This leads feelers to frustration paving the way for the interpreted demonizing context.

MBTI
    GONE

I think Athenian hit a good point with the 'Gifts Differing' passage.

I had talked about this with another ENF and I made the observation that the INTPs I know are much more gripped by their emotions that I am. They tend to get stuck in internal loops figuring out their emotions (or trying to ignore them) and suddenly BAM, some kind of outburst or implosion occurs. And their emotional loops tend to focus more on 'negative' energy like fear, yearning, guilt, sadness, anger, worry, etc. and it really just brings them down. Much more than myself as an ENFP.

So that makes a lot of sense if you experience emotions in a very unpleasant or confusing way and it gets in the way of your primary thinking or coping function. Then you assume that other people who are 'emotional' i.e. 'feelers' are somehow weak or inferior for being 'controlled' by these crazy emotions.

Honestly for me, I don't take anti-F tirades seriously on the forum most of the time. I don't even really understand BlueWing's treatises 1/2 the time (I have nothing against the guy) and they work on a more higher-level function theorizing than I care to get into.

RE; anti-F rants -- I just assume the poster is probably young and licking their wounds from some unfortunate encounter they had with a more emotionally expressive person. And they are still learning to process and communicate their own emotions in an effective way.

Honestly, I have no ill will towards self-professed 'T's who rail against 'feelers'.

IRL, it's well-adjusted and balanced folks with well-developed social skills that have the easier time in life, are more effective and productive, capitalize more on opportunities, and I think are *able* to enjoy what life has to offer them to a greater extent.

It really behooves anyone who is extreme in their temperament and rails against others who are different from themselves to instead challenge themselves to grow and understand those who are different from them. It's really only going to help them out.

As far as this forum, people who hate 'feelers' have absolutely no bearing on me in my RL. I'm too busy being a happy productive feeler (with excellent Te!! LOL) to notice the haters.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

When I see an anti-F rant, I take my revenge by knocking an NTP down on the ground and tearing their shirt off with my teeth.

Yeah. That'll learn 'em! Learn 'em good.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    When I see an anti-F rant, I take my revenge by knocking an NTP down on the ground and tearing their shirt off with my teeth.

Sounds kinky

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Sounds kinky
    She does that a lot
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

We are afraid of their winding spirals of feeler "logic" Somehow it seems to make sense to feelers, but sometimes i'm very much in the dark about what the hell they are talking about when some try to apply what they call reason

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INXX

Thinkers have a natural curiosity towards feelers it is like a foreign language. They hear what a feeler says and see how a feeler reacts and it doesn't always make sense. Just as the way a thinker comes to a conclusion doesn't always make sense to an outsider. The difference is that it is easier to articulate the thought process than it is to back track the feeling process for someone else to understand. This leads feelers to frustration paving the way for the interpreted demonizing context.
    It's true it is easier to communicate conclusions and impressions and such that are arrived at via a relatively straightforward reasoning process. My thought processes are often all over the place, combining associations that branch out but also cognizant of the internal consistency of the whole. I do have trouble communicating sometimes. Then I find the more I think about it, often, the simpler I can finally make it.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post

There will be at least one F that they like after that.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

I, actually, really enjoy F's. ^__^

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Sounds kinky
    Naaaah! Just a little love tap!

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    She does that a lot
    I hear when kitties yawn and blink at their loved ones it's a sign of affection. And here I thought my tabby Peaches was just really really bored-tired.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    There will be at least one F that they like after that.
    Heh. They start it! Sometimes, just by being around! Jerks! All standing around! Bein' all NT and what ever! NTs and the standing around! All that mindin' their own business and stuff! Yeah, that's war, buddy! War!

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    We are afraid of their winding spirals of feeler "logic" Somehow it seems to make sense to feelers, but sometimes i'm very much in the dark about what the hell they are talking about when some try to apply what they call reason
    I will confess - feeler logic has a veil of mystery even for those of us who use it. I can see how it would be scary or consternating to "outsiders".
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious