• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why do some thinkers demonize feelers?

Why do some thinkers demonize feelers

• Total voters

heart

heart on fire
As with some Sensors, the only real thing I dislike about some Thinkers is when they have a criticize the way I interact with them. It gets wearisome. I don't mind trying to meet them half way though. If I am asked to give clarity on an issue or to explain why I've made some decision, I will certainly try to do so the best of my ability.

The worst thing about some thinkers is when they use your feeling to meet some personal need but then turn around and criticize you for being feeling orientated. It is like drinking at the well and then bitching because the well is full of water. But to be clear, they don't all do this.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh. I missed the point?

I HATE THINKERS! I HATE 'EM! I HATE 'EM!

*Crouches and battens down the hatches*

LOL!

Bad kitty!! Stop that!! :D

Shadowrose

MBTI Type
ENTP
As with some Sensors, the only real thing I dislike about some Thinkers is when they have a criticize the way I interact with them. It gets wearisome. I don't mind trying to meet them half way though. If I am asked to give clarity on an issue or to explain why I've made some decision, I will certainly try to do so the best of my ability.

The worst thing about some thinkers is when they use your feeling to meet some personal need but then turn around and criticize you for being feeling orientated. It is like drinking at the well and then bitching because the well is full of water. But to be clear, they don't all do this.

I hate people that do that in general. xD Although, amusingly, I've just realized that all of my NF friends have learned the exact meaning of a one-word command I frequently utter: "Elaborate." </random-aside>

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hate people that do that in general. xD Although, amusingly, I've just realized that all of my NF friends have learned the exact meaning of a one-word command I frequently utter: "Elaborate." </random-aside>

Had an INTP doctor pull that on me in the ER. That's how I instantly knew what he was. And I wasn't offended at all. He was pushing for data.

Shadowrose

MBTI Type
ENTP
Had an INTP doctor pull that on me in the ER. That's how I instantly knew what he was. And I wasn't offended at all. He was pushing for data.

I.. can't imagine anyone genuinely getting offended by that. Honestly, if anything it should make them feel better, since instead of making any sort of judgment or decision, I'm seeking clarification and additional information. ..Do people actually get offended by that? :huh:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You don't use it because it sucks :tongue10:. Example: An INFJ colleague.

INFJ: Why don't you work overtime to show the bosses what an ace you are?!
ME: I don't give a fuck about what they think of me! I already had strong indications that I will get the job, after my trial period: because of my merits and how I do my job. I don't need to suck up to anyone.
INFJ: *Shocked* Then in his mind he thought something like this:

(1.) He doesn't give a fuck about his bosses and (2.) he is always alone (coincidentally he only sees me then), therefore:

INFJ: *Summons all the courage he seems to have, says my name, pauses for a while.. and then asks* Why do you hate, all humans?

He erroneously took (only) two parameters and extrapolated them into something as bizarre as erroneous.
Taking a single exchange like this one and using it to define "feeler logic" is a similar process to the one you find erroneous?

I'm not certain what I would call that, but it has more to do with being image conscious than authenticity or feeling. It also demonstrates a lack of feeling analysis. It might be an example of flawed "feeler logic", but it seems rather external to serve as much of an example.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I.. can't imagine anyone genuinely getting offended by that. Honestly, if anything it should make them feel better, since instead of making any sort of judgment or decision, I'm seeking clarification and additional information. ..Do people actually get offended by that? :huh:

The abrupt *push*. Yes, I've seen offense taken by others. They feel like they're being grilled, I guess. He seemed to want to get the information he was seeking out of my head as fast as he could. That impatience might not go over well with types who value etiquette strictly (not that I don't, it's just having a borderline Aspie INTJ best friend for 14 years has affected me...)

No doubt the delivery makes all the difference. I use the phrase myself, except it's "clarify" or "mind expanding on that?"

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So I havent read the thread this far, but I recently grabbed 30 Dollar in another thread and I wanted to lend you my "special attributes" aswell.

So if you have met anyone in this thread or seen you think "oh dear, I would give like 50 Dollar if that guy would be killed"

You know, where to turn to :violin: :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I havent read the thread this far, but I recently grabbed 30 Dollar in another thread and I wanted to lend you my "special attributes" aswell.

So if you have met anyone in this thread or seen you think "oh dear, I would give like 50 Dollar if that guy would be killed"

You know, where to turn to :violin: :D

Would you stop drunk-typing?! :steam::D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
xD *whispers: just call me, could need the money* xD

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
xD *whispers: just call me, could need the money* xD

I'll give you 30 dollars and all the loose change I have in my pocket, plus the pocket lint! :steam:

Shadowrose

MBTI Type
ENTP
The abrupt *push*. Yes, I've seen offense taken by others. They feel like they're being grilled, I guess. He seemed to want to get the information he was seeking out of my head as fast as he could. That impatience might not go over well with types who value etiquette strictly (not that I don't, it's just having a borderline Aspie INTJ best friend for 14 years has affected me...)

No doubt the delivery makes all the difference. I use the phrase myself, except it's "clarify" or "mind expanding on that?"

Ah, I usually have some tact when it comes to that kind of thing..

heart

heart on fire

I never really don't mind being asked to elaborate, so long as it is done in a respectful manner and I'm given a chance to speak freely. It is better than the other side making an invalid assumption and running with it.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I think I crave elaboration on others' ideas. Seeing the big picture as I do it is easy to lose my way without a good tender-of-the-focus around.

And it is difficult for me when I feel misunderstood so I like to get to a point of agreement on what each others' interpretation of an issue is.

Bottom line? My message to thinkers everywhere: Effs are trainable with a little patience and consideration thrown in.

Work on treating us with kindness and we'll follow you home. (And polish your shoes.)

How annoyed you'll be. Just think of the possibilities for irritating thinkers while looking like a loyal doggie. . .

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I think it is actually a byproduct of our social values. Western society sets a priority on scientific investigation, which has moved us forward in many ways. It is possible that the layman's interpretation of reason tends towards this rejection of emotion and other aspects of their humanity. The arts are continually at risk in society. Arguments can be made that our society lacks balance and integration of our humanity in favor of compartmentalism.

Yes. This annoys me a lot. This is why it would be good to get more women into politics.

*paints a sign*

No to oppression of emotion!!!

(I used to know a lot.)

You too? Oh, I bet the thinkers aren't happy for this phenomenon...

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
nolla, one nice thing about becoming senile is the forgetfulness of what irritates me. . .

There becomes true meaning to the phrase "Ignorance is bliss."

Here's a way I've sometimes explained the value of feelings to someone who scorns them:

Ok. Everybody understands physical feelings. Fingers cold? "Put on some mittens before you get frostbite, Silly."

My body's handy-dandy way of telling me how to take care of myself.

Same with emotional feelings. Only the possible reasons for them can be more confusing.

So-and-so makes me feel fightened, irritable, hurt. What to do?

Depends.

Do they make me feel that way because they remind me of a past experience that I didn't like? Well, what was it? How does it relate to today? What do I need to do about it?

It's my body telling me that something is amiss. It might be within that other person, or even more often, within me.

Answers?

*Get out of the way. Maybe drop a little abuse in my trail as I slam the door. That equals no learning experience involved and to be repeated ad infinitum. I think it actually becomes a habit/hobby with some. It's comfortable and predictable and safe.

*Recognize that it's my problem because I haven't learned how to deal with that particular person in a way that brings ME satisfaction.

I'm thinking those would be the two most common conclusions to come to. Of course I'm talking unpleasant feelings here because those are the ones we want to minimize. and also I'm not talking physically dangerous situations.

At any rate the problem is mine whether it means that I haven't figured out to put on mittens when it's cold outside or whether something has me stuck in the feelings management department.

Feelings are mine. No one created them but my own perceptions, interpretation and attitude. And they are there to tell me something I need to know for my own well-being.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
More.

I think feelings are there to provide us with lessons about how to stay connected with others. One step up from Maslow's basic needs. Gotta have it for a life well-lived.