User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why do some thinkers demonize feelers

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are emotionally immature.

58 31.18%
  • They just don't understand how feelers make decisions.

90 48.39%
  • They confuse emotion with the MBTI definition of feeler.

96 51.61%
  • They have an irrational fear of empathy.

27 14.52%
  • They lack social skills.

28 15.05%
  • They're big meanies!

38 20.43%
  • Feelers are simply better at resolving conflict and dealing with their emotions

10 5.38%
  • Feelers demonize thinkers in private instead of openly.

25 13.44%
  • I'm a feeler and I think feelers suck too.

10 5.38%
  • Other.

39 20.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

So this:
    YouTube - Tickle Me Emo

Is definitly a wrong impression of a Feeler, isn't it ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, I wonder about this, too. Some Ts do seem to really vilify Fs, and it seems unreasonable to me.

I'm very much a T. When I do get hit with emotions on occasion, especially if they're negative, I often don't know what they mean, or where they came from. And I have a difficult time arranging them in my mind and making sense out of them. I don't have any meaningful handles to attach to them. Later, when I'm no longer feeling them, I can't for the life of me remember what my process was in dealing with them, how I came to the conclusion that I did, or sometimes even what conclusion I came to. It's all evaporated. Basically, I'm an incompetent boob at processing that kind of stuff.

Personally, I admire Fs and their adeptness at processing this stuff. I wish I had more of their skillz. Of course, there are some immature, impulsive, irresponsible Fs, just like there are a some immature, impulsive, irresponsible Ts.

It's been my experience that most of the time when someone vilifies another type, whether it's a specific type, or all SJs, or whatever, it's because they've had a bad experience with one or two individuals of that type (a coworker they can't stand, a relationship with an ex that went badly, etc.). They then myopically project the specific, personal character traits of that one person onto their entire type class. I suspect this may be behind some Thinkers' antipathy toward Feelers. The neighbor's German Shepherd bit me, so German Shepherds can't be trusted. Or even, dogs can't be trusted.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

^^
    As do I, cafe. As do I.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENTP

I dislike when people is too emotional, myself included. I prefer the logical and objective analysis, but I think that listening to a Feeler point of view is interesting too. Sometimes I can't process my feelings with logic, and the support and advice from Feelers helped me a lot.
    I don't dislike or demonize the F function, instead, I'd like to be able to have that perspective too. Dealing with people is necessary, and a F approach may help more than a T one, since there are more Feelers than Thinkers (at least, I know more Feelers than Thinkers).

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm a Thinker and I don't vilify the Feeling function or the people who use it. So there!
    (I know, you said 'some' thinkers, but I wanted to use that emoticon)

And these two options, in the context of the MBTIc forum, really boil down to the same basic problem:

"They just don't understand how feelers make decisions."

"They confuse emotion with the MBTI definition of feeler."

The fundamentalist Thinkers, as I will be calling them to differentiate them from us more moderate folk, just don't appreciate the very broad nature of the reasoning process.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INTJ

There is nothing wrong with feelers from my perspective as a NT. Maybe it is from my low T level, but I enjoy the perspective some feelers put towards a problem and that their principles sometimes have good factors I need to take into account before making a decision. I like having a complete understanding before solving a problem, and NF's add to that understanding in very unique ways. Do I always go with their views, no. Have I changed my mind before from their perspective, yes.

On the other side, SF feelers can annoy me, but I think it's the S part more then the F when it comes to decisions.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    When individuals are unwilling to acknowledge their responsibility in their state discontentment and their power to secure their own happiness, then they will be a source of radiant negative energy.
    It's just a ride

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    On the other side, SF feelers can annoy me, but I think it's the S part more then the F when it comes to decisions.
    Heh. That raises a good point. I can sometimes have difficulty in dealing with someone who is extreme S. I think an NT and an NF may have more interpersonal common ground than and NT and an ST.

Perhaps a more relevant thread may be, "Why do some intuitives demonize sensors?"
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    Heh. That raises a good point. I can sometimes have difficulty in dealing with someone who is extreme S. I think an NT and an NF may have more interpersonal common ground than and NT and an ST.

Perhaps a more relevant thread may be, "Why do some intuitives demonize sensors?"
    I would interject that it is because N and S are the PRIMARY way your personality thinks, processes, and communicates, which then effects the rest of your personality tributes. If you don't have the same starting base, it is hard to connect in any other way at times. It appears foreign in an uncomfortable way.

N's are also a minority so we may have bias against society.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    The fundamentalist Thinkers, as I will be calling them to differentiate them from us more moderate folk, just don't appreciate the very broad nature of the reasoning process.
    Quite some good sentence, you can connect with some others topics in life aswell.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]