• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why do some thinkers demonize feelers?

Why do some thinkers demonize feelers

• Total voters

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I had different experiences with the Feelers and I can tell two things from my INTJ's perspective:

- When I'm fine, I'm scared of the Feelers due to their unpredictability. Because you can predict how the Thinker will behave and how he / she will treat you if you do something good / bad. You cannot say the same about the Feeler and their empathy can win even with common sense. This scares me. For example, if I had a Feeler boss, I wouldn't feel confident as my results at work can be overshadowed by the fact that he / she doesn't like me as a person.

- When I'm down, I seek for the Feelers. The thoughs are leading to introspection / scenarios and are crossing somewhere between Pink Floyd's The Wall or NIN's Downward Spiral / Fragile. I don't need a rational advise at this time (I can give a million of rational advices myself), just need someone to tell "poor you", "it doesn't matter", "people make mistakes", etc. Hugging is also appreciated :) Anything that can switch off my rationality because this is rationality, which makes me feel so miserable now.
I know this is an egoistic approach, so I try to remember those cases when someone cheered me up (luckily, they happen rarely) and even feel in debt to those people with big hearts. If later there is an opportunity to help them, I try to.

I dont find either Feelers or Thinkers predictable. Both thinkers and feelers van hold grudges, usually thinkers are harder to persuade than feelers, but it depends on the person, not the type. Moodswings are seen in every type, they might just be different in character.

CG Jung said:
On the one hand, emotion is the alchemical fire whose warmth brings everything into existence and whose heat burns all superfluities to ashes (omnes superfluitates comburit). But on the other hand, emotion is the moment when steel meets flint and a spark is struck forth, for emotion is the chief source of consciousness. There is no change from darkness to light or from inertia to movement without emotion. ["Psychological Aspects of the Mother Archetype," CW 9i, par. 179.]

When we as thinkers use either Te or Ti it is because we have an emotional attachment to that particular process and because our Ego needs it to understand the world, sometimes even controlling the inner or outer world. As do those that use either Fe or Fi. Emotions are part of being human. My theory on empathy is that while I get surges in my body when I see people suffer, the way I rationalize those emotions is conditioned by my own ego.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're big meanies!
haha. i shall incorporate that word in my vocabulary.

PH.

MBTI Type
INTP
I can't speak for all T's and I certainly don't demonize feelers, but I can tell you that when times are bad, I dislike every bit of decision making via the feeling thingy. I find it difficult to grasp how it works and though we do use it sometimes, it scares me. I don't like not knowing exactly why I acted in a particular way.

Maybe that's an issue with some of the T's that are demonizing Feelers. They can't fully grasp it and don't like that. Or it could just be plain arrogance xD

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most likely those T's have been pissed off by an F or two.

Feelers are just a different brand of human. No better or worse than Thinkers.

Do I have different priorities and different ways of arriving at a decision than Feelers do? Often. But I don't claim superiority. There are many strengths that F's have that I lack in.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think they do because of a bit of all of those, save that feelers are better at resolving conflict. I may start much conflict, but I am great at dissipating it.

Really, I think it is a lack of understanding/they view emotions as irrational, or, like me, it is just so easy to make fun of feelings that you do it. A lot.