User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why do some thinkers demonize feelers

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are emotionally immature.

58 31.18%
  • They just don't understand how feelers make decisions.

90 48.39%
  • They confuse emotion with the MBTI definition of feeler.

96 51.61%
  • They have an irrational fear of empathy.

27 14.52%
  • They lack social skills.

28 15.05%
  • They're big meanies!

38 20.43%
  • Feelers are simply better at resolving conflict and dealing with their emotions

10 5.38%
  • Feelers demonize thinkers in private instead of openly.

25 13.44%
  • I'm a feeler and I think feelers suck too.

10 5.38%
  • Other.

39 20.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 142223242526 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes only thinkers get stuff done, and only feelers would behave in a way that simply leads to them feeling good.

Right.

Ironically, your logic here is quite poor.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yes only thinkers get stuff done, and only feelers would behave in a way that simply leads to them feeling good.

Right.

You're a feeler you don't even know what logic is.

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    You're a feeler you don't even know what logic is.

Pssshh....I'm revoking your ISTJ card. You've had a beeping fire alarm for three weeks. My inner ISTJ is laughing at you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post

Right.

It's much better than your reading:
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    For some of us, it's "vision, logic, action" vs. "logic, feeling, sp. awareness".
    Can look alot like: getting stuff done vs. feeling good.
    You are seeing generalizations where none were made, and confusing appearance with reality. I know plenty of INTPs who accomplish far less in a day than ENFJs, and some F's who probably don't feel nearly as good as others.

In any case, I took Arclight's initial list with a hefty dose of salt, and assumed mine would be taken in the same spirit. (A judiciously chosen emoticon might have helped, but I don't do emoticons.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You're reading an awful lot into my post...confusing appearance with reality? I think you're doing the same thing, bro.

*pets*

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    You can run right off the edge of a cliff with your illogic, too, as long as it doesn't impact me. (See, I don't care either!)

For some of us, it's "vision, logic, action" vs. "logic, feeling, sp. awareness".
    Can look alot like: getting stuff done vs. feeling good.

(BTW, I don't demonize feelers. It isn't worth the effort, and they can be handy to have around.)
    Or.... Getting stuff done vs Getting things right. Seriously? my perception is that T's often have no vision at all Or an extremely narrow one.. Interesting.

Logic can't explain the illogical and everything exists in duality and in opposition to itself.
    Logical can not even exist with out illogical.
    Therefore both have equal value, and to discount one is to discount the other since they are interdependent.

To believe or to only accept what is logical, is illogical.
    Spock, Einstein and Sherlock Holmes would all agree

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Or.... Getting stuff done vs Getting things right. Seriously? my perception is that T's often have no vision at all Or an extremely narrow one.. Interesting.

Logic can't explain the illogical and everything exists in duality and in opposition to itself.
    Therefore both have equal value, and to discount one is to discount the other since they are interdependent.

Sometimes the best is the enemy of the good. (If we insist on perfection, we may never implement anything.) I certainly agree that many T's lack vision. This is why I said *some* T's operate with vision-logic-action. I won't insult S types by saying those who don't are ST's; they are more like any T not using their N function very well. For those T's who use N well, though, vision is paramount, and logic (as well as feeling/values) operates in its service. I will not devalue or discount the non-logical. It may have equal value to the logical, but not in every situation. One must apply the right methods to the task at hand.
    Last edited by Coriolis; 03-13-2011 at 12:52 AM.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Feelers are demon spawn. It's true. I've been called this on several occasions...and because I like to make sweeping generalisations , this must be true for all feelers.
    I shall return to spreading bitterness and malcontent now....no unicorns and rainbows for any of you.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTe

I don't find thinkers are the ones prone to "demonizing" others. Take a look at this thread, for example. For those who do, perhaps it's because they think only demon possession can explain all the bitter, idiotic thinker-vilification that goes on under the "we thinkers are wise angels" banner.
    Peel off the napkin
    O my enemy.
    Do I terrify?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post

What gives you the idea that things exist in duality? May as well say cannot trust just physics because there must be an "anti-physics" which explains what physics cannot. Likewise, logical frameworks can take into illogical actions into accounts once they recognize that the sole source of illogical action is humanity.
    "Those are my principles and if you don't like them......well, I have others"

-Groucho Marx

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

- Frederich Nietzsche