User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why do some thinkers demonize feelers

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are emotionally immature.

58 31.18%
  • They just don't understand how feelers make decisions.

90 48.39%
  • They confuse emotion with the MBTI definition of feeler.

96 51.61%
  • They have an irrational fear of empathy.

27 14.52%
  • They lack social skills.

28 15.05%
  • They're big meanies!

38 20.43%
  • Feelers are simply better at resolving conflict and dealing with their emotions

10 5.38%
  • Feelers demonize thinkers in private instead of openly.

25 13.44%
  • I'm a feeler and I think feelers suck too.

10 5.38%
  • Other.

39 20.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 132122232425 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

F's tend to be more emotionally in tune. They tend to be more spiritual. The are also tend to be very inquisitive and curious.
    Maybe If T's demonize F's it's because they are jealous that F's can match T depth, and T's can't touch F's breadth.
    Logic logic logic, VS Logic, feeling and spiritual awareness. or IQ IQ IQ Vs IQ EQ SQ

If they don't demonize F's.. I take all of this back
    Last edited by Arclight; 03-08-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    and T's can touch F's breadth.
    More like "T's can touch F's breasts"

Banned
    Enneagram
    6w6

Stop feelerizing demons!

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

T's..... JOIN ME IN THE FEELER HOLOCAUST! We will eliminate these emotional vermin once and for all!

*maniacal laughter*

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Do thinkers really demonize feelers that much or is it that they enjoy making fun of them since it gets a reaction?

*votes for meanie category*

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Do thinkers really demonize feelers that much or is it that they enjoy making fun of them since it gets a reaction?

*votes for meanie category*
    I voted for the big meanie category, too. Because anyone who sits in vent knows that I love my 'anti-feeler' shtick. And I'm a big meanie.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Isn't this whole thread kind of a "demonization" of thinkers?

Except we really don't take offense. Sooo...isn't it your problem you feel demonized, not ours?

(yes, I am a big meanie, too )

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's probably because they know that despite all their logic and facts backing their arguments, I can always say "I don't care, I think the sun rises from the North" and do this or this
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

This quote from Gifts Differing raises an interesting concept.....that Thinkers "demonize" Feeler because their own feeling is infantile, and most people think that others operate as they do, so they assume that F decisions must be faulty, as their own Feeling is not trusted due to its poorer development. It's never a surprise to me that Ts who do not "demonize" Feeling often are relatively more comfortable/good with their own Feeling process.

To Thinkers, the idea of evaluating by means of feeling sounds flighty, unreliable, and uncontrolled, but Thinkers are no judges of Feeling. They naturally judge all Feeling by their own, and theirs is relatively undeveloped and unreliable.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    It's probably because they know that despite all their logic and facts backing their arguments, I can always say "I don't care, I think the sun rises from the North" and do this or this
    You can run right off the edge of a cliff with your illogic, too, as long as it doesn't impact me. (See, I don't care either!)

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Maybe If T's demonize F's it's because they are jealous that F's can match T depth, and T's can't touch F's breadth.
    Logic logic logic, VS Logic, feeling and spiritual awareness. or IQ IQ IQ Vs IQ EQ SQ

If they don't demonize F's.. I take all of this back
    For some of us, it's "vision, logic, action" vs. "logic, feeling, sp. awareness".
    Can look alot like: getting stuff done vs. feeling good.

(BTW, I don't demonize feelers. It isn't worth the effort, and they can be handy to have around.)