User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why do some thinkers demonize feelers

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are emotionally immature.

58 31.18%
  • They just don't understand how feelers make decisions.

90 48.39%
  • They confuse emotion with the MBTI definition of feeler.

96 51.61%
  • They have an irrational fear of empathy.

27 14.52%
  • They lack social skills.

28 15.05%
  • They're big meanies!

38 20.43%
  • Feelers are simply better at resolving conflict and dealing with their emotions

10 5.38%
  • Feelers demonize thinkers in private instead of openly.

25 13.44%
  • I'm a feeler and I think feelers suck too.

10 5.38%
  • Other.

39 20.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 5131415161725 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Magic, I think you should write a book and become the next Jung.
    Shhhh! If anything makes Victor think I'll be the next Jung, he'll try to assassinate me.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Shhhh! If anything makes Victor think I'll be the next Jung, he'll try to assassinate me.
    Why does Victor want to be the next Jung?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Why does Victor want to be the next Jung?
    Hahaha, maybe he secretly does. If you follow his post history, though, you'll see that he expresses hatred for Jung. He considers Jung the creator of new age religion, an opponent of reason(and Victor's beloved enlightenment), and an ally of the Nazis.

So you see, the next Jung would be someone that Victor would want dead.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Hahaha, maybe he secretly does. If you follow his post history, though, you'll see that he expresses hatred for Jung. He considers Jung the creator of new age religion, an opponent of reason(and Victor's beloved enlightenment), and an ally of the Nazis.

Ahh okay. haha Nah, I don't think Victor would harm anyone.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Ahh okay. haha Nah, I don't think Victor would harm anyone.
    Eh, we don't know him well enough to truly say if he will or will not, Hmm. To tell the truth, though, the ambiguity of the possibility does present a very humorous thing to poke at him about.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Because thinkers can be poopoo heads,lol.

Yeah I went there.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Anyone who totally discredits something due to the person's personality type is a total fart. That's my subjective opinion. :-P
    Of course.

I have to admit though, if someone says something sketchy, to which my response would be "What the hell are you talking about?" I'll initially give them the benefit of the doubt if they're, say, NT. And I'll say "What the hell are you talking about?"

With some other types, I'm more inclined to blow it off. "OK, that's great. See you!"

MBTI
    ENFJ

It'd be fitting if Victor became the next Jung. "He who fights monsters" and all that.

Then again, that was Neitzche.

@ Little Linguist: I suppose I'm a very nice NT. Regardless of type, if somebody says something very stupid that doesn't make any sense, I give them one chance to redeem themselves and make it make sense. If they don't take that chance, or they fail, I then proceed to tear their argument apart, like tearing the ribbon out of a cassette.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It'd be fitting if Victor became the next Jung. "He who fights monsters" and all that.

Then again, that was Neitzche.

@ Little Linguist: I suppose I'm a very nice NT. Regardless of type, if somebody says something very stupid that doesn't make any sense, I give them one chance to redeem themselves and make it make sense. If they don't take that chance, or they fail, I then proceed to tear their argument apart, like tearing the ribbon out of a cassette.
    what if it was just random small talk? i like being random just to bring a smile on people's faces. it's not like i just string random letters together or anything, usually some outlandish story that is obviously false. if everyone found it entertaining, would you find that obnoxious?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Because only we can see their true evil.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Good point there.

I have no problems talking about love either. But talking about "what I want" is a different story
    Aww, but I think people should be open and honest with each other. How can we grow and develop if we cannot open up our hearts and minds to one another? I mean - it's just a thought. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    I swear open minded discussions get me in trouble all the time. Especially if I get bored when I go out with folks and get a few drinks...

Close minded rigidity sucks
    Bah! Closed-minded rigidity is for "kleingeistige Menschen" (Hmmm, what the hell does that mean in English - wait a sec - Oh, man, this is one of these, hmm, German things...I'll let you know later). Anyway, if someone is truly open-minded, and I think intellectually curious people usually are or should be, they should not just react with total animosity towards new ideas. Now, that doesn't mean that one can't have a friendly banter now and again - maybe even a charged banter - but respect needs to be the key.

If you can't respect the people, you need to say, "Sorry, but you are a total fart, and I can't understand where your crazy ass is coming from. Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to drink some wine because that would be more productive than talking to you."

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    This is true and never give up the good fight!

(never mind the fact we will, in all our evilness, try to stop you, but please do carry on. We want you to feel like you're doing well!)
    PP!!!!! OMG!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Feeling is a poor name for what it does.

It's not unjust to relate it to emotions though. It is invariably the direct result of an emotion. It's just that, we can't say Feeling equates, because not all emotions are automatically Feeling judgement.

Extroverted perception often appears to offer emotive responses as do all introverted functions when violated or otherwise released -- see: catharsis -- including Ti (yes I'm talking to you Bluewing).
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    And yet many of them are Ts.

Thinking could be veiled as selfishness.
    Maybe we're the demons.

No wait! It must be those impulsive sinning Se types.
    Or the conniving intuitors; perhaps its them.

Find my angle.
    Extreme farts are the . Balanced folks of all types are really cool to be with and interesting to talk to. IMO.

I've often reflected on the fact that no perfectly, or universally satisfying words can be found for the functions. Someone will always complain that they sound wrong in one way or another, and those who rely on connotation are especially difficult to satisfy.

But I did come up with one idea that I at least think is better than Thinking and Feeling, which are highly ambiguous. My idea was that it might be better to call them Logic and Ethic. Logical and Ethical. Of all the words I could think of, none seemed to more closely match the definitions of Thinking and Feeling than logic and ethic. It is what the two functions principally deal with.
    How can you illustrate something as complex as the human brain and psyche into mere words? It is difficult in any language, even in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Of course.

I have to admit though, if someone says something sketchy, to which my response would be "What the hell are you talking about?" I'll initially give them the benefit of the doubt if they're, say, NT. And I'll say "What the hell are you talking about?"

With some other types, I'm more inclined to blow it off. "OK, that's great. See you!"
    HAH! Interesting. I'd be more likely to say, "What the hell are you talking about?!?!?!" to any type and then judge and say, "Man, you have a point there," or "Man, you ARE a crazy fart that comes out of my dog's ass after eating potato salad." regardless of type.

Jack Flak's response: Ok, that's great, see you!!!!!!!!"

Hahahaha!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.