User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why do some thinkers demonize feelers

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are emotionally immature.

    58 31.18%
  • They just don't understand how feelers make decisions.

    90 48.39%
  • They confuse emotion with the MBTI definition of feeler.

    96 51.61%
  • They have an irrational fear of empathy.

    27 14.52%
  • They lack social skills.

    28 15.05%
  • They're big meanies!

    38 20.43%
  • Feelers are simply better at resolving conflict and dealing with their emotions

    10 5.38%
  • Feelers demonize thinkers in private instead of openly.

    25 13.44%
  • I'm a feeler and I think feelers suck too.

    10 5.38%
  • Other.

    39 20.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 2101112131422 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 266

  1. #111
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Aww... don't make fun of him. Its not easy to be the only real T in this world.
    . I can lie and I can acclimatize to you. But in the end I can not lie to myself, it is barefeet thinking that drives me and that drives my love.

    I have come to know that ignoring that makes me unhappy in a relationship at the end, when all blabla is settled.

    I have to admit, I read today the first post of BlueWing, that was in the post "S intelligence vs. N intelligence". That post was short enough to read, the others were too long .

    In the end, I have to find my own way to deal with my emotions as a thinker. Cause I am a man and men are supposed to be strong. Not be unfair: I dont want to be weak, so I have to find my own ways.

    But if you feelers could spare some time and maybe in those special moments, when chance is granted, give some neutral hint, how things work. Some neutral hint I understand too, with my poor english. I thank you with all my thanks I have
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #112
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    see that was one beer too much xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #113
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    see that was one beer too much xD
    No take-backs! He's aired his feelings! Quick! Somebody quote box him before he changes his mind!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  4. #114
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    YLJ: /monotone voice/ My. Dear. I wish. To explain. My systems. Function. *spits out informational data cards* Observe. Line 4. Row. 99.

    INFP: *blushes* You sweet talker!
    Yeah!
    It's almost like that, but sometimes when I give my honest opinion, it is not taken very well And then I have to explain myself using logic, very slowly(for me).

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  5. #115
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    No take-backs! He's aired his feelings! Quick! Somebody quote box him before he changes his mind!
    Quote it ! And I send you my socks I am wearing for two weeks now xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #116
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Quote it ! And I send you my socks I am wearing for two weeks now xD
    what every girl wants! smelly socks!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  7. #117
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    xD

    YouTube - Sylver-forgiven

    I hate girls !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #118
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    it is barefeet thinking that drives me and that drives my love.

  9. #119
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    The term "feeler logic" has been tossed around a bit, and it seems useful to continue to address what it could mean.

    A simple metaphor that might be useful in distilling the difference between "thinking" and "feeling" logic is the question: If a tree falls in a forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?"

    If you remove the element of perception, and measure the answer by recording the vibrations and observing the tree before and after its fall, you can conclude with reason that it did emit sound vibrations. I am suggesting that the "thinker" definition leans towards emphasizing physical phenomena over experiential perception (and this would overlap to include the physical phenonmenon of the physiology of hearing as well.)

    The "feeler" conception of the question would focus on sound as an experience of perception would conclude it made a sound if that sound was heard. This line of reasoning has fuzzier boundaries. The concept of "sound" is less distinct. It is not a measured amount of vibrations, but an experience of hearing. Each individual will hear the sound somewhat differently based on their ability to hear and their emotional/psychological associations with that particular sound.

    "Feeler logic" deals more with values and internal perceptions of the outside world. These resist precise measurement, the boundaries are fuzzy and often indistinct. Because of this, it requires a different approach than hard definitions and absolute conclusions. It would seem that feeler logic would then match the indistinct nature of its content with conclusions that contain softer boundaries.

    For example, one cannot actually go inside someone else's head and view their experience, but instead learn how to infer hidden truths through verbal and non-verbal cues. Knowing that people are invested in their own experience and tend to project this to the outside world, you can learn much about the internal world. When interacting with people, there is a tendency for others to subconsciously attempt to recreate their own angers and fears in other people. You can learn about their inner world by how they tend to make you feel - of course this reasoning is indistinct and only suggests certain things and cannot conclude absolutely. If someone makes other feel stupid in debate, it suggests that this person is familiar with that feeling and overcompensates by demonstrating its opposite in self while instilling the negative familiar feeling in others. If an individual makes you feel humiliated, this suggests the person has an image focus and fears humiliation in their own experience. If the person makes you feel judged, they might struggle with guilt or feeling judged themselves. By stepping back and taking in all the nuance of the exchange, allowing self to feel both their own emotion and that of the other person, feeler logic can process truths about the outside world that are indistinct, resist measurement and definition, but are relevant, real, and make a deep impact.

    Applying this type of indistinct reasoning to science will have poor results, just like applying hard logic to the fuzzy boundaries, ironies, and illogic of perception and experience will achieve inconsistent and false conclusions. It's about using the most efficient reasoning tool for a particular content of information.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

  10. #120
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Wow, "Sleeper! " That was some trip you just took us on.

    Am I paraphrasing it when I say to entropie, "To take this into the realm of black and white you self-defeat."? I don't see it as a case of I'm right/you're wrong.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Similar Threads

  1. Why do some people on this forum seem to dislike MBTI?
    By sofmarhof in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 11-19-2015, 08:43 PM
  2. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 01:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO