User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why do some thinkers demonize feelers

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are emotionally immature.

58 31.18%
  • They just don't understand how feelers make decisions.

90 48.39%
  • They confuse emotion with the MBTI definition of feeler.

96 51.61%
  • They have an irrational fear of empathy.

27 14.52%
  • They lack social skills.

28 15.05%
  • They're big meanies!

38 20.43%
  • Feelers are simply better at resolving conflict and dealing with their emotions

10 5.38%
  • Feelers demonize thinkers in private instead of openly.

25 13.44%
  • I'm a feeler and I think feelers suck too.

10 5.38%
  • Other.

39 20.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    xD *whispers: just call me, could need the money* xD
    I'll give you 30 dollars and all the loose change I have in my pocket, plus the pocket lint! :steam:
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    The abrupt *push*. Yes, I've seen offense taken by others. They feel like they're being grilled, I guess. He seemed to want to get the information he was seeking out of my head as fast as he could. That impatience might not go over well with types who value etiquette strictly (not that I don't, it's just having a borderline Aspie INTJ best friend for 14 years has affected me...)

No doubt the delivery makes all the difference. I use the phrase myself, except it's "clarify" or "mind expanding on that?"
    Ah, I usually have some tact when it comes to that kind of thing..

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Thanks buddy !!

cyA around xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrose View Post
    Ah, I usually have some tact when it comes to that kind of thing..
    You certainly do seem high in tact factor.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Thanks buddy !!

cyA around xD
    lol!! Get outta here, you!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrose View Post
    I hate people that do that in general. xD Although, amusingly, I've just realized that all of my NF friends have learned the exact meaning of a one-word command I frequently utter: "Elaborate." </random-aside>
    I never really don't mind being asked to elaborate, so long as it is done in a respectful manner and I'm given a chance to speak freely. It is better than the other side making an invalid assumption and running with it.

MBTI
    INFP

I think I crave elaboration on others' ideas. Seeing the big picture as I do it is easy to lose my way without a good tender-of-the-focus around.

And it is difficult for me when I feel misunderstood so I like to get to a point of agreement on what each others' interpretation of an issue is.

Bottom line? My message to thinkers everywhere: Effs are trainable with a little patience and consideration thrown in.

Work on treating us with kindness and we'll follow you home. (And polish your shoes.)

How annoyed you'll be. Just think of the possibilities for irritating thinkers while looking like a loyal doggie. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I think it is actually a byproduct of our social values. Western society sets a priority on scientific investigation, which has moved us forward in many ways. It is possible that the layman's interpretation of reason tends towards this rejection of emotion and other aspects of their humanity. The arts are continually at risk in society. Arguments can be made that our society lacks balance and integration of our humanity in favor of compartmentalism.
    Yes. This annoys me a lot. This is why it would be good to get more women into politics.

*paints a sign*

No to oppression of emotion!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    (I used to know a lot.)
    You too? Oh, I bet the thinkers aren't happy for this phenomenon...

MBTI
    INFP

nolla, one nice thing about becoming senile is the forgetfulness of what irritates me. . .

There becomes true meaning to the phrase "Ignorance is bliss."

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Here's a way I've sometimes explained the value of feelings to someone who scorns them:

Ok. Everybody understands physical feelings. Fingers cold? "Put on some mittens before you get frostbite, Silly."

My body's handy-dandy way of telling me how to take care of myself.

Same with emotional feelings. Only the possible reasons for them can be more confusing.

So-and-so makes me feel fightened, irritable, hurt. What to do?

Depends.

Do they make me feel that way because they remind me of a past experience that I didn't like? Well, what was it? How does it relate to today? What do I need to do about it?

It's my body telling me that something is amiss. It might be within that other person, or even more often, within me.

Answers?

*Get out of the way. Maybe drop a little abuse in my trail as I slam the door. That equals no learning experience involved and to be repeated ad infinitum. I think it actually becomes a habit/hobby with some. It's comfortable and predictable and safe.

*Recognize that it's my problem because I haven't learned how to deal with that particular person in a way that brings ME satisfaction.

I'm thinking those would be the two most common conclusions to come to. Of course I'm talking unpleasant feelings here because those are the ones we want to minimize. and also I'm not talking physically dangerous situations.

At any rate the problem is mine whether it means that I haven't figured out to put on mittens when it's cold outside or whether something has me stuck in the feelings management department.

Feelings are mine. No one created them but my own perceptions, interpretation and attitude. And they are there to tell me something I need to know for my own well-being.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTP

Where's the "They have a rational fear of empathy" option?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INFP

More.

I think feelings are there to provide us with lessons about how to stay connected with others. One step up from Maslow's basic needs. Gotta have it for a life well-lived.