User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default What do ENFPs do when angry?

When I get angry, I get UNCONTROLLABLE. I'd seriously do anything to anyone, and there is only a small fraction of my brain working, and telling me not to do something. Of course, afterwards, if I regretted it, I would try to fix things. But really, anger for me seems so foreign. I feel like it's the one emotion I can't effectively deal with.

What about other ENFPs?
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

This thread will be interesting because NFs will finally say something negative about their feelings.
    Or maybe they will not.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    This thread will be interesting because finally NF says something negative about her feelings.
    What cave have you been living in? Do some searches, there are a lot of posts where Fs are talking about their negative traits.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    What cave have you been living in? Do some searches, there are a lot of posts where Fs are talking about their negative traits.
    I know that there are plenty of threads about that. My comment is not fully carried out. I just have impression that Fs are far more likely to talk about negative side of feelings sponatneously then when some thinker attacks them . What is understandable.
    That is just my impression and this is a matter for another thread.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

When I become angry, I get very cruel and say many things I don't mean. I'll take it all out on the closest person to me. Very argumentative and withdrawn. But I hate being angry. I don't feel good afterwards and I try to happy myself up as fast as possible but part of my rain wants to stay angry as long as possible (this is only in the extreme cases).

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCat View Post
    When I get angry, I get UNCONTROLLABLE. I'd seriously do anything to anyone, and there is only a small fraction of my brain working, and telling me not to do something. Of course, afterwards, if I regretted it, I would try to fix things. But really, anger for me seems so foreign. I feel like it's the one emotion I can't effectively deal with.

What about other ENFPs?
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaIndigo View Post
    When I become angry, I get very cruel and say many things I don't mean. I'll take it all out on the closest person to me. Very argumentative and withdrawn. But I hate being angry. I don't feel good afterwards and I try to happy myself up as fast as possible but part of my rain wants to stay angry as long as possible (this is only in the extreme cases).
    I hate to say it, but....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    EXXP

It takes a lot to provoke me.

With that said, I will verbally attack whoever provoked me. I remember everything that led up to the latest situation that set me off and will let loose on them.

And honestly, a lot of the time I don't regret it. If they got me to that point then I am usually at the end of my rope with them and do not care about connecting or continuing any kind of relationship again.

Over the years I've gotten a lot more smooth in my delivery. When I was younger I was a lot more explosive, but now I am able to keep it all together.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

In my youth, I'd be pissed for a few hours before giving in and writing the most ill-feigned respectful letter-version of a bitch slap. With people I was close to, however, I'd essentially throw a tantrum (Kicking holes in my sister's door, punching holes in her wall, screaming... I was the worst sister ever!).

My current pattern (with almost everyone) is the following: I'll feel the emotion well up in me, wait a minute to calm down a bit, then say something like, "Wow... for some reason that hit me the wrong way. Hmmm, I'll let you know when I figure out why. Sooooo, how about those ramen noodles? Delicious, no?"

Then I'll take a day to assess whether or not I'm overreacting and why (I'm very VERY aware of that tendency... just knowing it has saved me a lot of pain/drama in the last year or so). Why a day? Introverted (ie hidden) Feeling plus a marked tendency to overanalyze everything makes me a crazy lady...

which brings me to another point: I seriously dont know whats going on inside me most of the time. The only way I can tell Im agitated or stressed or upset are physical symptoms (hair twirling, excessive sniffing, hyperventilating, etc.). I stay up night after night with insomnia and maybe some heart palpitations, but emotionally, Im totally chill. Oh, and dont get me started on love I actually cant tell whether or not I have a crush on someone. Of course, Ill figure it out after a year or two, but when I go to tell my buddies, they say, You think? Sheesh, youve had a thing for him since freshman year! Its insanity, I tell you!

I wish I had an off button.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

In my youth, I'd be pissed for a few hours before giving in and writing the most ill-feigned respectful letter-version of a bitch slap. With people I was close to, however, I'd essentially throw a tantrum (Kicking holes in my sister's door, punching holes in her wall, screaming... I was the worst sister ever!).

My current pattern (with almost everyone) is the following: I'll feel the emotion well up in me, wait a minute to calm down a bit, then say something like, "Wow... for some reason that hit me the wrong way. Hmmm, I'll let you know when I figure out why. Sooooo, how about those ramen noodles? Delicious, no?"

Then I'll take a day to assess whether or not I'm overreacting and why (I'm very VERY aware of that tendency... just knowing it has saved me a lot of pain/drama in the last year or so). Why a day? Introverted (ie hidden) Feeling plus a marked tendency to overanalyze everything makes me a crazy lady...

which brings me to another point: I seriously dont know whats going on inside me most of the time. The only way I can tell Im agitated or stressed or upset are physical symptoms (hair twirling, excessive sniffing, hyperventillating, etc.). I stay up night after night with insomnia and maybe some heart palpitations, but emotionally, Im totally chill. Oh, and dont get me started on love I actually cant tell whether or not I have a crush on someone. Of course, Ill figure it out after a year or two, but when I go to tell my buddies, they say, You think? Sheesh, youve had a thing for him since freshman year! Its insanity, I tell you!

MBTI
    EXXP

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    which brings me to another point: I seriously dont know whats going on inside me most of the time. The only way I can tell Im agitated or stressed or upset are physical symptoms (hair twirling, excessive sniffing, hyperventillating, etc.). I stay up night after night with insomnia and maybe some heart palpitations, but emotionally, Im totally chill. Oh, and dont get me started on love I actually cant tell whether or not I have a crush on someone. Of course, Ill figure it out after a year or two, but when I go to tell my buddies, they say, You think? Sheesh, youve had a thing for him since freshman year! Its insanity, I tell you!

been there and still doing it. sigh
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips