User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I tend to hold in my anger as it builds up in an argument/situation. I try to figure out of what I'm getting mad at is worth it. I hate it when i see other people flip out over something insignificant, so I try and avoid that.

I tend to avoid flipping out so much that I just deal with it all on the inside. Hmm.. can't be too healthy, huh? But once the time does come when I get made, I just rant and get sarcastic and just kinda yell irrational things that kinda defeat the purpose.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    my angry side/efficient task accomplishing side = that bunny = "terminator mode" = Relief Te + oppositional Ni = the Juggernaut!
    Heh heh. Yeah, I'm guilty of that too. I get frustrated with something, and the more I mull it over, the more I turn into the Clean Police. I start cleaning the house and grouching at everyone else for the house being disheveled - it's my way of creating order when I don't feel in control. I'm not a joy to be around when I'm like that, and I do my best to curb the behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Whoa, Iz scared of dat bunny

Does that mean I should stay away from angry ENFPs?
    I think we're a great bunch, personally. Don't stay away if you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    I tend to hold in my anger as it builds up in an argument/situation. I try to figure out of what I'm getting mad at is worth it. I hate it when i see other people flip out over something insignificant, so I try and avoid that.
    I hate being around people who react to most situations by erupting. It makes me tired all over. I mean, getting riled up prevents you from being able to think clearly, and I feel really our of control when I can't think clearly, so I try not to let the anger build. But, I also don't keep it in - I speak to the person I'm having a problem with as soon as I can, to get the situation resolved, because I hate walking around angry and I don't like to leave things unresolved.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Heh heh. Yeah, I'm guilty of that too. I get frustrated with something, and the more I mull it over, the more I turn into the Clean Police. I start cleaning the house and grouching at everyone else for the house being disheveled - it's my way of creating order when I don't feel in control. I'm not a joy to be around when I'm like that, and I do my best to curb the behavior.
    Lol. I do the ironing. Everyone's learned not to come near me when I'm ironing.

In fact I've noticed that when a pile starts to build up, people start upsetting me on purpose.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    Lol. I do the ironing. Everyone's learned not to come near me when I'm ironing.

In fact I've noticed that when a pile starts to build up, people start upsetting me on purpose.
    LOL! I feel the same way. I start casting a disapproving eye on everything that's messy, and then I blame someone for the mess being there. I turn into such a bossy cow. Not endearing.

MBTI
    ENFP

my anger usually turns into depression, self-deprecation, and anti-social behavior.

i usually blame myself if things go bad or if i'm angry.

MBTI
    ENFP

Im alsmot never ever angry.... Only in my car when I see crazy drivers sometimes.
    The very few times I am angry, I turn cold, abrupt in my words. It's like a very cold, calm but cold angriness. Does this sound ENFP enough?

MBTI
    ENFP

Despite my nick, anger is one of the worst states for me to be in. My biggest problem isn't losing control when I am angry, but the fact that I am in total control of my anger yet choose to use it to hurt everyone that may have been involved or around. In my youth, this anger was used towared physical destruction of doors, walls, objects, other kids etc...

As I aged, I learned to use my very keen sense of peoples emotions to really get them where it hurt. When I am pissed, I become very task oriented on whatever I am doing while also extremely vulgar and spewing the most hurtful words you can imagine. You might think I am kidding, but I become really aware of what buttons to push in the meanest ways, and even able to penetrate the thick leathery hides of INTx's.

Obviously this is all done in the loudest and most evil way possible, and making everyone unsafe by just being around or saying calm down. If I spot you, expect to be hit (emotionally) where it hurts (in your most vulnerable area). The good news is that to get to this stage of anger, takes a good amount of pressure, so if it occurs, it was probably severely and unneededly and really harshly provoked. Most of the time I would just get loud when its simple things but kinda walk away till I calm, but if it gets to that stage, no I want to be there to see the words cut you.

I have no idea why this would happen, i.e. striking people on their vulnerabilities, because in normal times, I would never ever, ever, ever, try to hurt anyone and go great lengths to protect peoples weak spots from others by defending them and or changing topics or complementing them etc... to help them overcome their weak points, and see their better side. I think its the inate ability of the ENFP to spot the good in people and motivate them, that also gives us the shadow ability to spot the worst in people and point it out.

Anyway, I posted this without reading any of the other responses so I don't dilute my own thoughts on the matter, so I am curious to see how many people can relate to this or am I just an evil bastard.

PS: I rarely get that angry as stated above, and it never lasts for more than five minutes.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Despite my nick, anger is one of the worst states for me to be in.
    "[As indicated by] my nick, anger is one of the worst states for [anyone] to be in."

because angry arab = 9/11

Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INTP

Okay, what do ENFPs do when traumatized? Is this type more susceptable to losing their flippin mind?

MBTI
    GONE

Anger manifest is stereotypical 'Fe' -- ENFP being expressive by nature (and more bark than bite, IMO, 'cause we are nice like that) can be misconstrued when 'angry' or partially joking. Also 'P' being more about possibilities and XNFP more about metaphors etc., I think at least for me when I say things people may take it more seriously or face value.

Example, just now I was on the front porch with my INFP roommie and her 2 IXXX friends (I'm gonna guess IXXJ) and I told them I got 'run over' by a bike (jerk sideswiped me and snagged my bag). I said next time I'm just gonna kick the bike to knock the biker off.

The IXXJ were listening very quietly, even bored until I said this. And then one girl said, "Wow! Where is this violence coming from??" I don't know if she were joking as well, but anywhoo, I realized joking about kicking people (even when deserved) doesn't go over very well in certain new company.

I think at the brunch I was at earlier, the folks would have laughed or commiserated more with me.

Or maybe not.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari