User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I've just been walking away alot for the past couple of years. When I was younger I was terrible when I'd get angry, like a tornado through a trailer park, no one was safe from my biting wit and sarcastic remarks. But I always hated myself afterwards. Very Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde.

Now I just politely say "I'm done with this conversation for now." and walk away before I get to a point of explosion.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I used to have quite a temper when I was younger. Not that I picked fights, but I had a much lower thresh hold for tolerating others who wanted to start something. I was easily enraged by people who attempted to dominate me or others, like tyrants and bullies. But, now I know how to channel my anger in a productive manner, and truthfully, I've mellowed a lot, so many things that riled me up before don't really now.

MBTI
    GONE

When I'm angry I try extra hard not to take it out on innocent bystanders. I never say things I don't mean. If I feel really comfortable, I'll just yell but it's really more bark than bite. I just have to get it out harmlessly like that and process so I can settle down.

The angrier, moodier, more tired and stressed I get -- the more of a funk -- the more effort I exert to control my internal Fi storm. So when I'm utterly exhausted I just get very quiet and still try to be polite, which often equals a weak smile or small nod.

Honestly, moody people annoy me. Why? "Not my problem".

I think it's the small mean side of people that enjoys bringing other people down. If you're miserable, you must make other people miserable and make your problem their problem. Instead of dealing with the root of your problem. I despise smallness in people and I try very hard not to succumb to it. If I did not cause your moodiness, I don't think I should have to put up with your attitude. I think that's fair.

I get annoyed a lot, but really angry?

Sure, I've gotten enraged before to the point of shaking and almost losing control. I know what it means when people say, "I was so angry I blacked out". These were generally because of situations where I was harassed (i.e street harassment) or felt victimized and honestly just wanted to beat the shit out of the perpetrator(s).

What helps for me is the angrier I get, the more verbal and direct. Everything gets put out there. I just explain to the quick how I feel and why and what the other person's behavior/actions/speech has made me feel and how I assess the situation.

When you've done wrong, there's very little you can do and say to backtrack when faced with the blunt truth. And I don't demand apologies or name call, I stick to the "facts" or rather my personal truth and the truth of the situation. My goal is to feel liberated and free and say my peace. That's it.

Most people are surprised they've gotten called out and either a discussion ensues or the person listens, acknowledges, and/or apologises.

In other words, Te to the rescue!

After that, I feel so much better.

*edit*

Yes! Like LadyJaye, I am sooooooo much mellower and even-keeled these days. I'm much less self-deceptive and more direct (though still have lots of work to do).

My 'locus of control' is on me and my immediate environment and what I am capable and responsible for doing. I am empowered and I do not in general feel like a victim or put upon by the world. Makes a HUGE difference in your mood and how you perceive and react to everyday interactions. In other words, I'm much less emotionally reactive or moody.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Man, I can't believe no one has said "Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry."

Oh wait this is ENFP anger, not mine. Here:

"It's got sharp pointy teeth!!! Look at the bones!"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    Man, I can't believe no one has said "Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry."

Oh wait this is ENFP anger, not mine. Here:

"It's got sharp pointy teeth!!! Look at the bones!"
    my angry side/efficient task accomplishing side = that bunny = "terminator mode" = Relief Te + oppositional Ni = the Juggernaut!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Hey, that rabbit is definitely ENFP.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Whoa, Iz scared of dat bunny

Does that mean I should stay away from angry ENFPs?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

By the time you leave the room they'll probably be happy. Avoid ENFPs entirely, only safe proposition.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Dammit! That sux cause I kinda have a crush on ENFPs as a type

MBTI
    enfp

i dunno

when i get mad, i just start staring at the person who made me mad. and wait for them to do something stupid. if its a girl, ill probably say "wow, you can stare at me and not feel guilt?" unless their body posture says they know they screwed up...if its a guy, i would probably give them one chance and say "wtf u lookin at?" to see what they say before i start a fight. LOL

last time i got pissed at some stranger, it was at some car, this happend like a year ago? i chased them down, got in front, braked hard trying to make them panic and feel scared, stared at them the entire time wanting them to pull over. but they just boned out.

last time i got pissed at people i knew, it was in school, and people were being political instead of looking for the right answer. i remember i was like "this is fuccin BULLSHIET!" blah blah blah and "Are you stupid? I mean, lets just stop playing games, and learn to admit when we are wrong here and jsut move on..." we got points deducted for our project later bc of the politics that creeped into our project. i was too tired to deal with the politics.

I think sometimes I need to learn to stand my ground more in those situations, instead of thinking "no one can be that stupid, i mean, don't they KNOW its wrong and they are just agreeing with something stupid so they can get support for their own stupid idea?" and letting it go.