• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Why Immature F-ers give me the creeps?

heart

heart on fire
why are people even arguing? immature Fs suck. it's true.

If she'd have put it that way to begin with, yeah probably a lot less argument. That wasn't what she said however. She made a lot of assumptions and statements and doesn't even understand typology. Without understanding basic functions, who even knows if she's typed herself or her companions correctly to even base the conversation on to begin with.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wow. This thread got a pretty impressive response. May have to get some snacks and read through all 28+ pages later.

To the thread title;

An immature ANYONE can give you the creeps!

T's are arrogant asshats for example. Course I think we still are later on in life too, just apply that arrogance with more tact.

redacted

If she'd have put it that way to begin with, yeah probably a lot less argument. That wasn't what she said however. She made a lot of assumptions and statements and doesn't even understand typology. Without understanding basic functions, who even knows if she's typed herself or her companions correctly to even base the conversation on to begin with.

true, she doesn't understand typology. i was basically being a smartass anyway :)

also, i made an edit to my post.

heart

heart on fire
Just a comment.

As a Feeler, when those of you Thinkers who feel you are somehow superior to us or that your thinking ways are more superior that's fine and good. That's your opinion and you have a right to it.

However, when you deliver such on this board I expect to see you be hard thinking, clear, concise, delineated. I don't want to see you pleading for me to over look your lack of preparation or that you're so rushed you cannot think clearly or that you meant something other than exactly what you've typed on the board. If you don't mean all Feelers, then spell it out.

Don't be all cutesy in your presentation either, my goodness you're a hard thinker! You think by the numbers and no fluffy nonsense! Don't ask for special consideration or treatment when wanting special treatment is something you're complaining about in Feelers. You are showing gross inconsistency when you do that and belying your claim to be this hard thinking, concise person.

If you are this exalted thinker with superior ways to me as feeler, then I want to see proof of it in your posting style.

Don't whine about it, you are the one setting up the expectation that you are better than me by virtue of being a hard thinker. You are the one setting your own standards here, not me. I don't expect people to be perfect but if they claim they are better than me and my own inferior Te can see they are not, well I see no need not to confront them on their inconsistency.

Think about it. You're claiming you are better (less selfish, more worthy, more humane, etc) than I because of how hard thinking you are. Why should I accept anything less than crystal clarity from you under those circumstances? If my inferior Te can see holes in your argument, I feel no need to let them slide and will not.

If you are truly better than I and your way is superior, then shine in a superior fashion or quit boasting.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
dissonance--The thread wasn't originally titled "Why Immature F-ers...", just "Why F-ers".

heart

heart on fire
I am glad she changed the title. A day late and a dollar short, but good on her that she did it.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Heart, I do think you're technically right here. But I think maybe you need to try and be a bit more understanding of where this person is coming from. If we lose sight of being understanding of other people's perspectives, and just start arguing about who is correct, how things should be done, and who is to blame for something, we're no better than they are.

I can understand how easy it is to get frustrated and caught up in this kind of thing, I've done it myself, too often. But it's important to try and put that aside, and try to help the person understand where you're coming from while letting them know you know where they're coming from.

The point isn't who's right and who's wrong, the point is trying to resolve the misunderstanding as gently as possible.

Does that make sense?

heart

heart on fire
Heart, I do think you're technically right here. But I think maybe you need to try and be a bit more understanding of where this person is coming from. If we lose sight of being understanding of other people's perspectives, and just start arguing about who is correct, how things should be done, and who is to blame for something, we're no better than they are.

I can understand how easy it is to get frustrated and caught up in this kind of thing, I've done it myself, too often. But it's important to try and put that aside, and try to help the person understand where you're coming from while letting them know you know where they're coming from.

The point isn't who's right and who's wrong, the point is trying to resolve the misunderstanding as gently as possible.

Does that make sense?

I am not frustrated, if you thought I was frustrated you've read me wrong.

I am simply holding her to her own standard which by her own measure is better than mine as Feeler. I've already been told in this thread that sympathy is weak and needs to be chucked by the way side as foolish feeling non-sense. No special treatment for anyone will be tolerated in this thread.

Understanding? Baloney! Weakness!

Being technically right is all that matters in this thread because thinking by the "numbers" is always best for the whole human race and when we allow weakness like feelings and sympathy to cloud our vision, we're being selfish. That is what I learned in this thread so I am applying it here. ;)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4

Does that make sense?
Yes and I agree.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I can fully admit when I'm in a mood and she proved that she has a sense of humor so I cut her some slack whatever her type might be. Proving people wrong isn't my idea of fun and thats why I agree with Athenians post. We are all human after all. Okay well some of us aren't, but I believe the majority of the members here are human.

heart

heart on fire
We are all human after all.

That's the whole point, Jen. :D

And some humans who need/want/expect the leeway given by Feeling types the most are the ones eschewing such values the most vehemently.

And when I'm told that such sympathy is weak, well I suppose the person would appreciate it more if I withdrew such Feeler nonsense. I thought it would be the less selfish thing to do in this case.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Well thank you for pointing that out because I must admit I was a bit confused by some of your responses in this thread. I'm not going to nitpick because it's too time consuming, but you do come off as bitchy and defensive in parts and when confronted with this, say that you are not irritated which is confusing because that's how it appears in writing. In all fairness I'd need to be sitting in the same room as you to know for sure but since that's not possible I'll just have to take your word for it.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
The perfect way to attack this kind of threads would be that everyone goes in this cold, detached, objective, inhuman thinking mode and breaks all the arguments in pieces.

Next time... next time... the code word is "Frost Attack"

heart

heart on fire
Well thank you for pointing that out because I must admit I was a bit confused by some of your responses in this thread. I'm not going to nitpick because it's too time consuming, but you do come off as bitchy and defensive in parts and when confronted with this, say that you are not irritated which is confusing because that's how it appears in writing. In all fairness I'd need to be sitting in the same room as you to know for sure but since that's not possible I'll just have to take your word for it.

The whole thread tweaked my sense of irony from the beginning and the gross lack of consistency amuses me in a very dark way.

The rudeness on her part combined with her own pleas for gentle treatment and understanding is hilarious. It is like she wants to say what she wants to say, no matter how insulting but she's upset when she gets the same in return. She's doing exactly what she's complaining about in Feelers. In fact she believes herself to be better than feelers because supposidly her hard thinking "by the numbers" mindset protects her against wanting special treatment and yet her own posts disprove this about herself. I mean it's better dark humor than Monty Python!

I am so tired of inconsistent people and I see nothing wrong with pointing out their inconsistancies.

If you want to critcize me that's all good. I never claimed to be above reproach or super human myself. I simply don't think I owe generous amounts of understanding and respect back to someone who is rude and who makes sweeping assumptions. I don't think it's necessary to hold back criticism in such cases just to spare their feelings. Sometimes harmony is not desirible or the best thing.

The perfect way to attack this kind of threads would be that everyone goes in this cold, detached, objective, inhuman thinking mode and breaks all the arguments in pieces.

Exactly! No quarter given to these thinkers who feel they are superior. They want cold, hard, unsympathetic relating, they should get it. No more feeding at the well of Feeling and then kicking us later.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I also would like to say that your pulling a post that I made days ago and plastering it up in my face to remind me is the main reason I don't post personal things in my blog. I have low tolerance for people who throw things you say back in your face to prove a point. I am left wondering what type (and I don't mean MBTI) of person does this? What drives this type of person to do this? It's like if I have an argument with someone and they bring something up that happened ages ago. What's the point in that?

heart

heart on fire
I also would like to say that your pulling a post that I made days ago and plastering it up in my face to remind me is the main reason I don't post personal things in my blog. I have low tolerance for people who throw things you say back in your face to prove a point. I am left wondering what type (and I don't mean MBTI) of person does this? What drives this type of person to do this? It's like if I have an argument with someone and they bring something up that happened ages ago. What's the point in that?

I'd never go into someone's blog and pull up something personal. But within a set debate and thread, its perfectly fair to expect consistancy in responses.(even though it is something they said of their own free will) And yes it usually does provoke a heated, indiginant response from the person. It is not about "throw in your face" simply for the sake of throwing it in your face, it is about a lack of consistancy.

I wouldn't go back weeks or months because people's opinions can change, but I am deeply disturbed when people berate me for something I've done when they've recently done the same. It's the inconsistancy that triggers me.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Isn't part of the reason Bestiality is illegal is because of the treating of a sex partner like a powerless object? I think many people think it just sets up a mindset that seems easy to move on to with small children, mentally disabled and elderly with dementia.

lol, whoops, guess I missed that detail. :shock:

I think most people assume slaughter is done scientifically and with as little pain as possible whereas sexually abusing an animal is not and very cruel to the animal. (whether it is true or not)

I think this is the most off the wall thread derail I've seen here yet. :shock:

i made my post assuming that most slaughters rather cruel. in my mind, i had the idea that there what little animal protections there are, were probably mostly campaigned for by Feelers.

in my first example (the one about work), I tried to show that, as a feeler, i do act immature and that it is probably my responsibility mature and learn to act reasonably and rationally.

in the bestiality example, i tried to show the validity of the Feeling preference. if i didn't do that clearly, then I am sorry.