First 212930313233 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I'd never go into someone's blog and pull up something personal. But within a set debate and thread, its perfectly fair to expect consistancy in responses. And yes it usually does provoke a heated, indiginant response from the person. It is not about "throw in your face" simply for the sake of throwing it in your face, it is about a lack of consistancy.

I wouldn't go back weeks or months because people's opinions can change, but I am deeply disturbed when people berate me for something I've done when they've recently done the same. It's the inconsistancy that triggers me.
    Maybe I'm more laid back than I realized then. I may need to reread this thread, but I like to see discussions head in many different directions only to connect at the end. I see it as a learning experience but I also realize that we don't all think alike so maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I wouldn't go back weeks or months because people's opinions can change, but I am deeply disturbed when people berate me for something I've done when they've recently done the same. It's the inconsistancy that triggers me.
    When did this happen? Maybe it's because I've had a long day and I'm tired but I don't see where you've been berated.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    When did this happen? Maybe it's because I've had a long day and I'm tired but I don't see where you've been berated.
    I was admonished to be more understanding by Ath and you agreed with her. Berate sounds more theatrical and that was the tone orginally set in this thread, I'd thought I'd try and fit in.

MBTI
    INXX

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    why are people even arguing? immature Fs suck. it's true. (immature Ts do too.)
    She went back and edited the title to add the word "immature".

If you are truly better than I and your way is superior, then shine in a superior fashion or quit boasting.
    Hear, hear.

Well thank you for pointing that out because I must admit I was a bit confused by some of your responses in this thread. I'm not going to nitpick because it's too time consuming, but you do come off as bitchy and defensive in parts and when confronted with this, say that you are not irritated which is confusing because that's how it appears in writing. In all fairness I'd need to be sitting in the same room as you to know for sure but since that's not possible I'll just have to take your word for it.
    She did not come across as bitchy and defensive to me.

We are all human after all. Okay well some of us aren't, but I believe the majority of the members here are human.
    Last edited by MacGuffin; 08-22-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: merged posts

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelTao View Post
    Speak for yourself, squirrel.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INXX

Maybe I'm more laid back than I realized then. I may need to reread this thread, but I like to see discussions head in many different directions only to connect at the end. I see it as a learning experience but I also realize that we don't all think alike so maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way?
    No, you're not the only one, but it's so enervating. I really wish I could be infinitely full of positive energy. The reality is that I'm not. I would feel guilty if I really thought I derailed a discussion that had the potential to be the kind of discussion you want. This discussion seemed to have a different spirit about it, and I didn't feel it would be a good use of my energy to set my energies against that tide. Instead, I found it energizing to have a little bit of fun. Otherwise I would just not have participated at all.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelTao View Post
    No, you're not the only one, but it's so enervating. I really wish I could be infinitely full of positive energy. The reality is that I'm not. I would feel guilty if I really thought I derailed a discussion that had the potential to be the kind of discussion you want. This discussion seemed to have a different spirit about it, and I didn't feel it would be a good use of my energy to set my energies against that tide. Instead, I found it energizing to have a little bit of fun. Otherwise I would just not have participated at all.
    what what?

ThatGirl

Dear heart,

The way you have personalized this thread to be against you has been very helpful in providing the good hard evidence that you are seeking. I in no way claimed to be superior to anyone and stated in numerous posts that I was trying to gain understanding. Your posts have been a testament to your own insecurity that you hold everyone else responsible for. I have listed and I have learned. I do believe there is a difference between immature and mature feelers. I do believe, and you can take this personally, that you are an immature feeler. I also believe that you lack a day job since you have no understanding that it is impossible to reply to 200 plus posts in the span of a few days while working your ass off. I suggest to you that you reread this thread objectively to find where I stated I was superior. Where I stated that I based my ideas off of proof rather than experience. I suggest you tune into the times I humbled myself to say that there are ideas I don't completely understand. IE the functions.

I suggest that you open your mind to the fact that everyone has a right to their opinion, which could be based solely off of opinion as I again have stated numerous times that it was, and use your heart to understand concepts beyond yourself.

Thatgirl

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I was admonished to be more understanding by Ath and you agreed with her. Berate sounds more theatrical and that was the tone originally set in this thread, I'd thought I'd try and fit in.
    :blushing: Uh, actually, I probably should have pointed out that I understood your perspective as well, wanting to give Ts a taste of their own medicine. I've honestly done and wanted to do that more often than you have. It makes perfect sense, really. I was just suggesting to you that you might want to take the higher road instead of going down to their level.

When you said that you were just applying what you had learned, giving them what they had asked, I understood what you were doing... you were trying to teach them something. I respect that. If you had been a TJ, I would have assumed that... it's just not something I would have expected from an INFP (should theoretically value harmony and be focused on feeling-tone in a healthy state). Everything you're saying is very clear to me, seriously. A little blunt, a bit cruel, but very well-written and makes a lot of sense in many ways. I just didn't think you would want to be that way, or were under stress because Te is supposed to be your inferior. Your response indicated to me that it wasn't stress.

The last thing I wanted to come across as doing was admonishing you. I'm sorry I came across that way... I was trying to avoid seeming that way, but I guess I didn't communicate that well enough.

I'm sorry I seem to have created a rift between you and Jen. Everything I touch seems to fall apart.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Dear heart,

The way you have personalized this thread to be against you
    Thatgirl
    Where did I suggest the thread was aimed at me personally? I am very well aware the thread was aimed at Feelers in general (or at least it was in it's inital phase) I merely answered you as a member of that group.

I do believe, and you can take this personally, that you are an immature feeler.
    Probably. Thank you for the permission to take things personally. It's a load off my already taxed little mind.

I suggest that you open your mind to the fact that everyone has a right to their opinion, which could be based solely off of opinion as I again have stated numerous times that it was, and use your heart to understand concepts beyond yourself.
    Now I am getting weary with all the inconsistancy. I thought it was selfish to base understanding on feelings?

I didn't say you don't have a right to your opinion.

Having a right to hold an opinion means having the right to speak it, it doesn't mean getting free pass from criticism.

What I said was if some thinkers want to come in here and critcize feelers for certain things, they best ought not to display those same behaviors and traits in their own posts. In fact they better be a shining example of the very traits they exault.

It wasn't solely directed at you, I've seen other Feelerish acting Thinkers do the same thing. This was just a chance to sound off about it in general and it was quite satisfying. Ah, some of you "hard thinkers" seem rather F. It's just so ironic when one of that ilk gets on a high-horse about all the things they despise about Feelers, that's all.

To Athenian, Everything's cool. No worries. The only reason I took issue with Jen was because it looked like she had done the same thing before. You certainly didn't start anything there.

A little blunt, a bit cruel, but very well-written and makes a lot of sense in many ways. I just didn't think you would want to be that way, or were under stress because Te is supposed to be your inferior. Your response indicated to me that it wasn't stress.
    The door was opened by the manner in which this thread was presented. Like I said, there have been other Thinkers who presented similar questions but in less insulting and rude terms and I linked to one that turned into a very nice thread.