User Tag List

First 20282930313240 Last

Results 291 to 300 of 402

  1. #291
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Heart, I do think you're technically right here. But I think maybe you need to try and be a bit more understanding of where this person is coming from. If we lose sight of being understanding of other people's perspectives, and just start arguing about who is correct, how things should be done, and who is to blame for something, we're no better than they are.

    I can understand how easy it is to get frustrated and caught up in this kind of thing, I've done it myself, too often. But it's important to try and put that aside, and try to help the person understand where you're coming from while letting them know you know where they're coming from.

    The point isn't who's right and who's wrong, the point is trying to resolve the misunderstanding as gently as possible.

    Does that make sense?
    Yes and I agree.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  2. #292
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Yes and I agree.
    Yes, me too. *sigh*

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Immature and narrow minded view you have there. Just as with other types, feelers have their valuable place in society.

  3. #293
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    I can fully admit when I'm in a mood and she proved that she has a sense of humor so I cut her some slack whatever her type might be. Proving people wrong isn't my idea of fun and thats why I agree with Athenians post. We are all human after all. Okay well some of us aren't, but I believe the majority of the members here are human.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  4. #294
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    We are all human after all.
    That's the whole point, Jen.

    And some humans who need/want/expect the leeway given by Feeling types the most are the ones eschewing such values the most vehemently.

    And when I'm told that such sympathy is weak, well I suppose the person would appreciate it more if I withdrew such Feeler nonsense. I thought it would be the less selfish thing to do in this case.

  5. #295
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Well thank you for pointing that out because I must admit I was a bit confused by some of your responses in this thread. I'm not going to nitpick because it's too time consuming, but you do come off as bitchy and defensive in parts and when confronted with this, say that you are not irritated which is confusing because that's how it appears in writing. In all fairness I'd need to be sitting in the same room as you to know for sure but since that's not possible I'll just have to take your word for it.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  6. #296
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    The perfect way to attack this kind of threads would be that everyone goes in this cold, detached, objective, inhuman thinking mode and breaks all the arguments in pieces.

    Next time... next time... the code word is "Frost Attack"

  7. #297
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Well thank you for pointing that out because I must admit I was a bit confused by some of your responses in this thread. I'm not going to nitpick because it's too time consuming, but you do come off as bitchy and defensive in parts and when confronted with this, say that you are not irritated which is confusing because that's how it appears in writing. In all fairness I'd need to be sitting in the same room as you to know for sure but since that's not possible I'll just have to take your word for it.
    The whole thread tweaked my sense of irony from the beginning and the gross lack of consistency amuses me in a very dark way.

    The rudeness on her part combined with her own pleas for gentle treatment and understanding is hilarious. It is like she wants to say what she wants to say, no matter how insulting but she's upset when she gets the same in return. She's doing exactly what she's complaining about in Feelers. In fact she believes herself to be better than feelers because supposidly her hard thinking "by the numbers" mindset protects her against wanting special treatment and yet her own posts disprove this about herself. I mean it's better dark humor than Monty Python!

    I am so tired of inconsistent people and I see nothing wrong with pointing out their inconsistancies.

    If you want to critcize me that's all good. I never claimed to be above reproach or super human myself. I simply don't think I owe generous amounts of understanding and respect back to someone who is rude and who makes sweeping assumptions. I don't think it's necessary to hold back criticism in such cases just to spare their feelings. Sometimes harmony is not desirible or the best thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    The perfect way to attack this kind of threads would be that everyone goes in this cold, detached, objective, inhuman thinking mode and breaks all the arguments in pieces.
    Exactly! No quarter given to these thinkers who feel they are superior. They want cold, hard, unsympathetic relating, they should get it. No more feeding at the well of Feeling and then kicking us later.

  8. #298
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    I also would like to say that your pulling a post that I made days ago and plastering it up in my face to remind me is the main reason I don't post personal things in my blog. I have low tolerance for people who throw things you say back in your face to prove a point. I am left wondering what type (and I don't mean MBTI) of person does this? What drives this type of person to do this? It's like if I have an argument with someone and they bring something up that happened ages ago. What's the point in that?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  9. #299
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I also would like to say that your pulling a post that I made days ago and plastering it up in my face to remind me is the main reason I don't post personal things in my blog. I have low tolerance for people who throw things you say back in your face to prove a point. I am left wondering what type (and I don't mean MBTI) of person does this? What drives this type of person to do this? It's like if I have an argument with someone and they bring something up that happened ages ago. What's the point in that?
    I'd never go into someone's blog and pull up something personal. But within a set debate and thread, its perfectly fair to expect consistancy in responses.(even though it is something they said of their own free will) And yes it usually does provoke a heated, indiginant response from the person. It is not about "throw in your face" simply for the sake of throwing it in your face, it is about a lack of consistancy.

    I wouldn't go back weeks or months because people's opinions can change, but I am deeply disturbed when people berate me for something I've done when they've recently done the same. It's the inconsistancy that triggers me.

  10. #300
    Senior Member surgery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Isn't part of the reason Bestiality is illegal is because of the treating of a sex partner like a powerless object? I think many people think it just sets up a mindset that seems easy to move on to with small children, mentally disabled and elderly with dementia.
    lol, whoops, guess I missed that detail.

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I think most people assume slaughter is done scientifically and with as little pain as possible whereas sexually abusing an animal is not and very cruel to the animal. (whether it is true or not)

    I think this is the most off the wall thread derail I've seen here yet.
    i made my post assuming that most slaughters rather cruel. in my mind, i had the idea that there what little animal protections there are, were probably mostly campaigned for by Feelers.

    in my first example (the one about work), I tried to show that, as a feeler, i do act immature and that it is probably my responsibility mature and learn to act reasonably and rationally.

    in the bestiality example, i tried to show the validity of the Feeling preference. if i didn't do that clearly, then I am sorry.
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

Similar Threads

  1. facebook gives me the horrors!
    By Thalassa in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 06:49 PM
  2. Someone give me a quick rundown on the Zodiac
    By swordpath in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 01:49 AM
  3. Give me ALL of the details on a J person por favor
    By /DG/ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 04:44 PM
  4. it gives me the heebie jeebies
    By ThatGirl in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 03:52 PM
  5. Give me the fall
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO