User Tag List

First 19272829303139 Last

Results 281 to 290 of 402

  1. #281
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    why are people even arguing? immature Fs suck. it's true.
    If she'd have put it that way to begin with, yeah probably a lot less argument. That wasn't what she said however. She made a lot of assumptions and statements and doesn't even understand typology. Without understanding basic functions, who even knows if she's typed herself or her companions correctly to even base the conversation on to begin with.

  2. #282
    Senior Member Maabus1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Wow. This thread got a pretty impressive response. May have to get some snacks and read through all 28+ pages later.

    To the thread title;

    An immature ANYONE can give you the creeps!

    T's are arrogant asshats for example. Course I think we still are later on in life too, just apply that arrogance with more tact.

  3. #283
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    If she'd have put it that way to begin with, yeah probably a lot less argument. That wasn't what she said however. She made a lot of assumptions and statements and doesn't even understand typology. Without understanding basic functions, who even knows if she's typed herself or her companions correctly to even base the conversation on to begin with.
    true, she doesn't understand typology. i was basically being a smartass anyway

    also, i made an edit to my post.

  4. #284
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Just a comment.

    As a Feeler, when those of you Thinkers who feel you are somehow superior to us or that your thinking ways are more superior that's fine and good. That's your opinion and you have a right to it.

    However, when you deliver such on this board I expect to see you be hard thinking, clear, concise, delineated. I don't want to see you pleading for me to over look your lack of preparation or that you're so rushed you cannot think clearly or that you meant something other than exactly what you've typed on the board. If you don't mean all Feelers, then spell it out.

    Don't be all cutesy in your presentation either, my goodness you're a hard thinker! You think by the numbers and no fluffy nonsense! Don't ask for special consideration or treatment when wanting special treatment is something you're complaining about in Feelers. You are showing gross inconsistency when you do that and belying your claim to be this hard thinking, concise person.

    If you are this exalted thinker with superior ways to me as feeler, then I want to see proof of it in your posting style.

    Don't whine about it, you are the one setting up the expectation that you are better than me by virtue of being a hard thinker. You are the one setting your own standards here, not me. I don't expect people to be perfect but if they claim they are better than me and my own inferior Te can see they are not, well I see no need not to confront them on their inconsistency.

    Think about it. You're claiming you are better (less selfish, more worthy, more humane, etc) than I because of how hard thinking you are. Why should I accept anything less than crystal clarity from you under those circumstances? If my inferior Te can see holes in your argument, I feel no need to let them slide and will not.

    If you are truly better than I and your way is superior, then shine in a superior fashion or quit boasting.

  5. #285
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    dissonance--The thread wasn't originally titled "Why Immature F-ers...", just "Why F-ers".

  6. #286
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    dissonance--The thread wasn't originally titled "Why Immature F-ers...", just "Why F-ers".
    oh. missed that

    the argument is circular anyway.

  7. #287
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    I am glad she changed the title. A day late and a dollar short, but good on her that she did it.

  8. #288
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    If you are truly better than I and your way is superior, then shine in a superior fashion or quit boasting.

  9. #289
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    If she'd have put it that way to begin with, yeah probably a lot less argument. That wasn't what she said however. She made a lot of assumptions and statements and doesn't even understand typology. Without understanding basic functions, who even knows if she's typed herself or her companions correctly to even base the conversation on to begin with.
    Heart, I do think you're technically right here. But I think maybe you need to try and be a bit more understanding of where this person is coming from. If we lose sight of being understanding of other people's perspectives, and just start arguing about who is correct, how things should be done, and who is to blame for something, we're no better than they are.

    I can understand how easy it is to get frustrated and caught up in this kind of thing, I've done it myself, too often. But it's important to try and put that aside, and try to help the person understand where you're coming from while letting them know you know where they're coming from.

    The point isn't who's right and who's wrong, the point is trying to resolve the misunderstanding as gently as possible.

    Does that make sense?

  10. #290
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Heart, I do think you're technically right here. But I think maybe you need to try and be a bit more understanding of where this person is coming from. If we lose sight of being understanding of other people's perspectives, and just start arguing about who is correct, how things should be done, and who is to blame for something, we're no better than they are.

    I can understand how easy it is to get frustrated and caught up in this kind of thing, I've done it myself, too often. But it's important to try and put that aside, and try to help the person understand where you're coming from while letting them know you know where they're coming from.

    The point isn't who's right and who's wrong, the point is trying to resolve the misunderstanding as gently as possible.

    Does that make sense?
    I am not frustrated, if you thought I was frustrated you've read me wrong.

    I am simply holding her to her own standard which by her own measure is better than mine as Feeler. I've already been told in this thread that sympathy is weak and needs to be chucked by the way side as foolish feeling non-sense. No special treatment for anyone will be tolerated in this thread.

    Understanding? Baloney! Weakness!

    Being technically right is all that matters in this thread because thinking by the "numbers" is always best for the whole human race and when we allow weakness like feelings and sympathy to cloud our vision, we're being selfish. That is what I learned in this thread so I am applying it here.

Similar Threads

  1. facebook gives me the horrors!
    By Thalassa in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 06:49 PM
  2. Someone give me a quick rundown on the Zodiac
    By swordpath in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 01:49 AM
  3. Give me ALL of the details on a J person por favor
    By /DG/ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 04:44 PM
  4. it gives me the heebie jeebies
    By ThatGirl in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 03:52 PM
  5. Give me the fall
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO