User Tag List

First 17252627282937 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Love this thread.

People who manage to convince themselves they're 100% unemotional and objective tend to get blindsided in the most spectacular ways.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The emotionality in this reply of yours above rivals any sign off any feeler has ever posted here. Do you have a curl in the middle of your forehead and did you stamp your foot as it posted?

You don't even know the functions and yet you think you've got iron clad theories on the differences between Feelers and Thinkers. You're a hoot!

LOL, How'd ya think I'd fare if I went over on INTPc and posted a lot of asumptions about INTP's in flip, insulting terms and then posted the little guy behind the wall? Think that would excuse me from facing up to the firestorm of being set straight on it?

You DO want special treatment, constantly coming on, posting and then saying "Oh don't pick part what I say, I am posting this rushed!" "Oh I don't understand the functions"

Why do you deserve such special treatment as to have your rudeness and ignorance on type theory excused?
    boom! headshot!

MBTI
    INXX

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    And this is why you're the Feeler and I'm the Thinker here.
    Hmmm, I dunno. When I was dating my INTJ husband, we had the most terrible time deciding what to do together. He would always throw out ridiculous options as a joke and make me choose the real option. Thinkers can actually be complicated critters.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

And I think if the mods are willing this thread can be closed, or fluffed. ^_^
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    BW: in response to my posts, all you've done is rehash the same old definition of logic over and over again in different iterations. But you've not provided defeaters.

I also like how you skipped over everything to do with quantum physics, the actual details of the "age" problem...

whatever...
    Earnestly, I do not understand what your message is concerning the definition of logic?

I explained why it is defined this way. Perhaps the part I have left out was that we know that we have laws of thought because we are able to explain how things work based on objective principles. It is not a whim. As for example, based on what we know about the laws of reasoning we could discover that an apple fell because it was dropped from altitude. It is not an arbitrary occurence as we know for the law of gravity to be a property of nature.

If there is no logic, then we have no reliable way of knowing how anything happens to all. Yet noone could persuasively argue for this thesis. I could go on to refute it, but I doubt this is necessary as those who'd request a refutation would be in greater need of help than in argument.

I did not understand the relevance of quantum physics to the essence of logic and practical applications. Help me out.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Do you realize how many value judgments you made against people who make value judgments? If not, I bolded them for you.
    I think value judgments are okay as long as we have a sound rationale behind them. Being ruled by emotions and making value judgments on whim tends to be responsible for most problems cited by ThatGirl.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I think value judgments are okay as long as we have a sound rationale behind them. Being ruled by emotions and making value judgments on whim tends to be responsible for most problems cited by ThatGirl.
    This is something I can be entirely on board with... but this approach doesn't gel well with your other, more definitive remarks on the worthlessness of value-judgment... (how can one really value something which is a necessary entity?)...
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    This is something I can be entirely on board with... but this approach doesn't gel well with your other, more definitive remarks on the worthlessness of value-judgment... (how can one really value something which is a necessary entity?)...
    Where does it say that value judgments are altogether worthless?

Unaccomodated by dispassionate reasoning they may be, as then they are but torrential emotions.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I am saying that when strength and control of emotion is achieved you have the ability to feel what you want when you want most of the time excluding extreme circumstance. Then you choose not to dwell on negative emotion longer than necessary for it to spark the thought process that fixes the situation. Your emotions become independent of external circumstance and that which might bother most and lead a situation to spiral out of control is dismissed because it doesn't really matter.
    If you are talking about creating inner calm, yes, it is possible, but the feelings don't go away completely. If they are not too bad, they will go to your dreams or something like that, but still, it takes time for the unconscious to process them. On the other hand, if they are intense, they can cause real damage. Trauma, uncontrollable behavior and so on...

Fast forward to later that night just ENFJ and I are hanging out and I said something can't remember what. She says "see that's why I was so pissed off earlier" at which point I was done.

If this girl would set her feelings aside and observe herself from the outside in she could work on what she needed to do to get out of the situation that is eating her up inside. But instead she harbors unpredictable emotions that constantly interfere with her objective.
    This is what the people mean with "immature".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I am saying that when strength and control of emotion is achieved you have the ability to feel what you want when you want most of the time excluding extreme circumstance. Then you choose not to dwell on negative emotion longer than necessary for it to spark the thought process that fixes the situation. Your emotions become independent of external circumstance and that which might bother most and lead a situation to spiral out of control is dismissed because it doesn't really matter.
    Am I the only one who thinks this is more an F goal than a T goal, T goals being about understanding, F's about harmony?

Sounds like seeking emotional harmony to me.

The main problem with these "anti-F" threads is that everyone seems to have their own definition of each function.