User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'd say both types of people are pretty awful. Too much so and too complexly for me to say which is generally worse.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    What about when people make decisions based on (faulty) thought that harms others in some sort of way?

Having a reason makes the perpetrator of a crime less culpable? Anyone can attempt to logically justify anything... even murder of innocents.
    I would probably consider the reason to be wrong and unjustified.
    It is true that anything can be logically justified, however that means almost everything dealing with subjective matters can be refuted logically.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I would probably consider the reason to be wrong and unjustified.
    It is true that anything can be logically justified, however that means almost everything dealing with subjective matters can be refuted logically.
    This goes back to something that's oft discussed on the forums... my opinion is that any argument concerning human affairs (politics, art, literature, sociology) has to be grounded on some fundamental set of value judgments, which rely entirely on feeling. No matter how much pride one takes in one's logical thinking, one is bound to value judgments without which one would have no grounds for an argument relating to human affairs.

More simply put, any logical argument concerning human affairs relies on Feeling. Mind can only follow Heart.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

ThatGirl

Ok. When I said I was very busy today I meant it so I don't have the time to go into detail like I wanted to and I haven't read all the posts so forgive me if this has already been said.

In short, feelers are the most likely to become vindictive or to hurt for the sake of hurting. They are the most likely to effect a situation negatively because of internal interest. They are the most likely to justify their actions to self interest.

When basing your life on feeling rather than thought you open yourself up to lots of failure and lots of disappointment that you will blame on others.

No one can make everyone happy and if your goal is to be happy it is best to abandon that will from early on.

Sorry if that didn't make sense I am literally typing while people are talking to me through the bathroom door so. I will get back as soon as I can.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    In short, feelers are the most likely to become vindictive or to hurt for the sake of hurting. They are the most likely to effect a situation negatively because of internal interest. They are the most likely to justify their actions to self interest.
    Bullshit, anyone?

Get it while it's hot!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Whoa. I'm a Feeler and I definately made decisions based on NOT hurting other people's feelings. I tend to do what I feel isn't selfish and tend to put other's needs over myself. I'm such a strong F that if i know a certain decision would better myself but ultimately make things worse for another person, I will do whatever I can to make sure that I'm not being selfish.

Some Ts that I know [stress on some...] don't use their Feelings enough that they tend to hurt other peoplebecause they aren't thinking about the others needs. Some that I know think only about what can better their situation without looking at it from anothers point of view.

I guess that I feel that some Fs look more at the situation from both point of views and some Ts dont consider the other's feelings.

heart on fire

In short, feelers are the most likely to become vindictive or to hurt for the sake of hurting. They are the most likely to effect a situation negatively because of internal interest.
    You stated this as if it is fact. Really it is just your opinion/theory. I really hesitate to call it your theory because you don't do a very good job of supporting the opinion except to say it is what you think.

Do you have any data to back this statement up? Where is the proof that feelers are the most likely ones who seek revenge? Like if you could go through the records for all the revenge killings in a major US city for last year and then tally up the number of feelers verses thinkers and show with some evidence, then I could accept this statement as fact. Otherwise it's just your opinion/theory.

They are the most likely to justify their actions to self interest
    Yet BW told us thinkers tend to put sympathy aside. Which is it?

Without sympathy, the natural course would seem to be towards self interest over the interests of others. Too many mouths to feed in the row boat? Start tossing them overboard, unless you need their mind for something later, otherwise they are dead weight taking away from your own chances of surviving. (to make clear I am saying this is what would happen in the situation without basic human sympathy.)

When basing your life on feeling rather than thought you open yourself up to lots of failure and lots of disappointment that you will blame on others.
    Self-hate is a feeling too. So is shame and guilt.

No one can make everyone happy and if your goal is to be happy it is best to abandon that will from early on.
    Wow, I've never realized this. Thank goodness a thinker came along to tell me!

(Taking your meaning here to be saying that it is impossible to make everyone happy. Your meaning was a bit unclear here.)

Sorry if that didn't make sense I am literally typing while people are talking to me through the bathroom door so. I will get back as soon as I can.
    It made sense in that I could understand the content, but honestly it sounds mostly like a rant. You've done nothing but give opinions, which is fine, but don't believe you've made some sort of rational, clear-cut argument here.

MBTI
    GONE

I'm confused. Bluewing, didn't you vote to be an INFP if you could be any type?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

I completely agree. Feelers can be very vindictive, but so can Thinkers when they are stressed out.

ThatGirl

This is being written on my phone and sometimes I can't type fast enough to resemble a straight line of thought.

Conversation between a policeman ENFJ friend and I.

Me: can you get me one of those stickers for my car that get me out of tickets

Him: no those stickers don't really get people out of tickets

Me: so what does can I get a sticker for my liscense?

Him: I don't know what you are talikg about but you need one of these *pulls out police liscense id*

Me: can you get me one of those

Him: sure just make it through the academy you'll get one

Me: well that's not going to happen so how do you decide if someone gets out of a ticket or not.

Him: well if someone is getting pulled over it means that you are breaking the law in the first place

Me: so the law doesn't always take into account circumstance they should.

Him: the law is the law its your job to uphold it

Me: so what if someone wasn't intending to break the law but the circumstance was unavoidable they are not likley to do it again unless the situation presented itself at which point it is reasonable.

Him: it doesn't matter the law is the law. If we let some slide we are not doing our job. People try to screw you if they can and I a$ done catering to individual circumstances. But mostley if someone knows that what they did was wrong and they have no priors they are likey to get a warning.

Me: so someones past dictates whether or not they get a ticket in any given situation. That's not right each incident should be evaluated on the same basis. Your job is to remain objective *warrents are different*

Him: you don't understand you can pull someone over for a tail light out and find a bag of dope on them. In which case you are thankful they had a tail light out.

Me: that doesn't matter a tail light is a tail light. I get pissed when someone pulls me over for something stupid because they assume that I am up to no good. And I am not very nice in respect to the harassment that they give off of no prior evidence.

Him: the law is the law. You cannot cater to everyone it is the majority law that you must uphold.

Me: but what about extenuatimg circumstances don't you think leaneancy is bennificial there. *states some examples* not everything fits into a black and white box

Him: people lie about a lot of those things and you can't let everyone off the hook.

Me: so you judge everyone on a narroe perception. And punish those who are otherwise law abiding citizens despite the urgent circumstance.

Him: the law is the law but I will tell you the quickest way to get a ticket is by having an attitude like that?

Me: so people you would otherwise let off the hook, if they are percived as having attitue or annoyance over the situation, you will surely give them a ticket?

Him: absolutley, that's isn't smart and not a good decision on their part

Me: is it against the law to give attitude to a police officer?

Him: no but where I may have let you off now I won't.

Me: why? I thought the law was the law and that's it

Him: if someone wants to play johnnj hard ass with me then they are getting a ticket

Me: so you may have let them go to begin with?

Him: not after they showed attitue and thought they were bad ass. Especially when I am the one who can either say yay or nay to the ticket.

Me: so because he offended you or hurt your pride he gets a ticket

Hime: I wouldn't have pulled him over if he hadn't done something wrong

Me: but you are saying that the only thing standing between you and the ticket is how you feel about how he handelded the situation. What about the law is the law. Its not personal. It is personal if that is how you base your judgment for punishment.

Him: I hope you have bail money

WTF? Fs tend to take everything personal