User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Many thousands of years ago... ancient Indians, both Vedantic and Buddhist, told us that being in touch with our selves, including our emotional selves, would enable us to change not only ourselves, but also the world. They operated not 'mystically', but experimentally and rationally, to come to this insight, though they also opened themselves up to feel themselves and the world around them, thus enabling their intellectual insights to come to fruition... Other people in other times and places have come to the same conclusions by similar means...

Today, quantum physicists are reluctantly telling us the same thing.

So I'd say Feeling is not only all-too-human (which should recommend it most highly), but also all-too-important to be dismissed as lightly as some are wont to do... <ahem, Bluewing>
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    it probably could have been said better, thatgirl, but if it helps, i get what you were trying to say.

that said, you should have known better. threads like these never ever end well.
    I get what she's saying, but I think it's wrong to ascribe that kind of behavior to Feeling. It's a function of being irresponsible and inconsiderate not a function of type.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I get what she's saying, but I think it's wrong to ascribe that kind of behavior to Feeling. It's a function of being irresponsible and inconsiderate not a function of type.
    i didn't say she was right. i said i got what she was saying.

for instance, i didn't assume she started the thread or had an observation, right or wrong, because some F must have broken her heart.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

What's hard for me to get is the idea of using T to override F.
    What if you would be happier with the decision chosen by strong F, yet you override it because you think it's "illogical". Wouldnt the end result of what makes you feel the best be the better choice?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

All people want to live a happy life and making decisions that look out for your feelings make the most sense to me, instead of trying to talk yourself out of feeling based decisions.

you feel a certain way for a reason

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

for instance, i didn't assume she started the thread or had an observation, right or wrong, because some F must have broken her heart.
    No, there wasn't any indication of that, IMO. Annoyed by the behavior of people she perceives as Feelers is as far as I would go with any kind of speculation in that direction.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    All people want to live a happy life and making decisions that look out for your feelings make the most sense to me, instead of trying to talk yourself out of feeling based decisions.

OR... now brace yourself... some other people are happiest dealing with their own emotions their own way. it, and you may want to sit down for this, doesn't have to make sense to you.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post

But taking care of your short-term happiness does not always ensure long-term happiness, and may often pose threat to it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It seems pretty obvious that most people pursue happiness. We just don't all have the same things that make us happy and we have different ways of going about it. Making decisions based only on the emotions of the moment is almost always a bad idea for long-term happiness. There are a lot of factors that go into making a good decision. How one is feeling right now is only one of those factors and, IMO, not a very big one.
    ~ John Rogers

heart on fire

I didn't assume that either, I read it on this board. She went straight from that thread to this one and said basically the same things here about Feelers that she did about her Feeler BF.