User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 402

  1. #91
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    So it is 7:24 am and I go to bed now.

    Do not kill her. If you want to get something straight, entp's do listen more than one would think. Just do not get personal, but do get it if it is needed. I see their might be more to the discussion than I can know.

    Just now. They mighty "long" arm of justice is alway with you xD
    Oh, I'm sure you're more than smart enough to understand it if it were in German, ^_^
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post




    Really? I might have misunderstood the limits, then. I really really feel like my logic is on the mark here, but it could be a bit difficult to verbalize... I guess the way I see it is that the ultimate "why"s are alway feeling based while the T forms an ever more complex web or tree of "why"s that are based on the F. Thinkers have the F a lot more deeper in that tree.

    Well... if that doesnt make sense... I guess I'm wrong...
    Well MBTI is like the last separation in the tree. Rudimentarily speaking, say you're a female ISTJ. You're an animal, a human, a female, and ISTJ, and have things in common with all other members of each group. In the discussion of MBTI, why include drives that belong to every member of the animals group?

  3. #93
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    By the way, ThatGirl, sorry about being a pain in the ass, but I had to know how serious you really were.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #94
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    No worries. I will try to clarify things tomorrow. Have a lot to do tomorrow so I am off for now.

  5. #95
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    No worries. I will try to clarify things tomorrow. Have a lot to do tomorrow so I am off for now.
    Good, the more accurate and/or precise you can be with what you want to understand the better I might be able to think of an answer. Shutting down now would also be a good idea for myself and give me time to get my concepts and links in order. Good night.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #96
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Well MBTI is like the last separation in the tree. Rudimentarily speaking, say you're a female ISTJ. You're an animal, a human, a female, and ISTJ, and have things in common with all other members of each group. In the discussion of MBTI, why include drives that belong to every member of the animals group?
    Ok, I get what you're saying.. The thing that makes it hard is that it isn't that straightforward, since we can't tell where the line goes between any of the categories. Am I more animal than human? The psychology doesn't end in humans, so ... it's not too easy to say if you can speak of animals with the same terms. (and if I tried, I would have to say that they are more F than T, but that would be like giving more ammo for the thinkers to throw at me, so I'm not saying it )

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    By the way, ThatGirl, sorry about being a pain in the ass, but I had to know how serious you really were.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    No worries. I will try to clarify things tomorrow. Have a lot to do tomorrow so I am off for now.
    Awww...

  7. #97
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    First of all don't be offended by the title I just thought it was funny.

    F people creep me out. I don't understand them. I see making decisions off of your feelings as selfish and irrisponsible. The worst excuse ever, "I felt like it", like that matters. If people justify their actions according to their feelings where is the line that says what you were feeling is wrong. It seems immature. How is putting your feelings on someone else productive to anything? Where is the self control? You cant argue against what someone is feeling and asking someone to take your feelings into account is like asking them to cater unobjectively to you.

    I am not trying to make people mad here I am trying to understand. What makes you all tick?
    Well, Fs work differently from Ts. I guess in some respects we do expect to be catered to in a nonobjective fashion, but the thing is, we're willing to do so for other people as well (if we're healthy). We're asking others to respect our feelings, and in turn we respect theirs. Naturally, of course, it works the other way as well... if they don't respect my feelings, I might stop respecting theirs.

    So, yes, Fs can lose self-control and do things on their feelings that you can't argue with them about. But the thing is, this can happen with Ts as well, when they have shadow F outbursts. If anyone were a pure F or a pure T... they couldn't function. The problem is that no one is entirely T or F. People by nature of how they are, deal with both in order to function, consciously or unconsciously.

    Feelings are not productive, I suppose... but why should productivity be the purpose in everything? Why do you value productivity over everything else? If productivity and reasonableness are all you want in life, perhaps you should avoid Fs.

  8. #98
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    You know, not necessarily in direct response to OP but thought it was funny because honestly the INTPs I know IRL are the most volatile, moody, 'whimsical' people I know. More unpredictable than INFPs and get more heated. You literally don't know when or why or how they are going to act out. INTPs can be REALLY emotional and moody.

    See, you may use "T" over F to process, however, you still spit out emotion. You may think you are using logic, but that logic is cultivated through your emotional responses. You just don't know it.

    So, yeah, it is kinda frightening and frustrating to deal with people who base things on these secret, esoteric things and seem to flip a switch or decide things on whims. But honestly, a lot of 'T's look like that -- not just to "F"s but also to other "Ts" The T's in question don't think they are being 'emotional' and think they are in fact being incredibly rational, even logical, and doing things that 'make sense' to them.

    But to observers, they seem just as capricious, random, 'selfish', and moody as an 'F'.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  9. #99
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Feelings are not productive, I suppose... but why should productivity be the purpose in everything? Why do you value productivity over everything else? If productivity and reasonableness are all you want in life, perhaps you should avoid Fs.
    I like the way you put it, but I disagree on F not being productive. If there was no feelers, there wouldn't be many groups that would stay together. People just wont survive without groups and their organization is very much feeling based.

  10. #100
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    See, you may use "T" over F to process, however, you still spit out emotion. You may think you are using logic, but that logic is cultivated through your emotional responses.
    Exactly.

Similar Threads

  1. facebook gives me the horrors!
    By Thalassa in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 06:49 PM
  2. Someone give me a quick rundown on the Zodiac
    By swordpath in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 01:49 AM
  3. Give me ALL of the details on a J person por favor
    By /DG/ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 04:44 PM
  4. it gives me the heebie jeebies
    By ThatGirl in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 03:52 PM
  5. Give me the fall
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO