i don't watch TV 'cause i'm a fashionable noncomformist hahaha just kidding
    but no, i don't watch TV
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    I felt this way. Kinda. But nobody forced them to go on the show, so they knew what they were in for at least.
    That is true. I suppose I wouldn't truly understand someone who would voluntarily do such a thing.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFJ

I have never watched this show and never will for this totally irrational reason:
    Four years ago my roommate told me I should be on the show.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Nice responses so far! Initially, I was really curious to see what the idealists' reactions were to the entire concept of the show/the show itself. I for one, ABSOLUTELY cannot stand being told to either act or dress a certain way. I just wanna be ME! ;P

After I watched one episode I got a little annoyed by both of the hosts for their demeaning mentality (Stacy especially, I dislike her fashion sense- it's drab for my taste/she looks too corporate for me). Plus, I find it a little obnoxious for people to degrade others just because they choose to dress/act differently (especially from a brainwashing medium like television). It's like the entire show thrives on conformity, a black/white authoritarian mentality, which in a sense, being an "NF" myself, I am TOTALLY rebellious of.

One positive thing that I do like about the series is that it does actually help those who really want to seek out fashion advice. (Besides that the clothes are free, paid for the by the network, I think). I saw the original hosts from the British version. They seem playfully charming/much more charismatic (they dress pretty). They actually were funny. I liked them.

I'm for people being just themselves. In reality, if we were to tell people they can/can't dress a certain way that best expresses who they are, then they would just live a lie their entire lives, feeling not good enough, listening to others, not themselves. Be comfortable. So long as people are mindful in how they dress like when around elders/young children/their own siblings, they can dress whichever way they please. I say, "Live and let live!"

MBTI
    ENFJ

I have to say I truly love this show. I am NOT a t.v. person at all and I especially dislike reality based shows...do we not have lives...BUT I must say how must say this show is a favorite. I don't think so much of myself and my fashion sense that I wouldn't allow someone to tell me what they think would look good on me. I think they consider most of their guests lifestyles and personalities...I'm not going to defend it because to each his own but not for nothing every single one of the shows I've ever seen has been to the benefit of the person they restyled. Some episodes even leave me a little misty...I know...I know lame but seriously...they really do help some people with at least a bit of their self esteem. I'd rather watch this than any of the other TRULY lame reality shows..and most of the sitcoms too.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    I'm curious as to how many NFs really enjoy watching the US's version of "What Not to Wear," starring co-host Stacy London.
    I like the original UK version better. The women are SO much cattier and the it's more in your face. Their advice is more applicable IMHO. I bought their book too.

The US version I like for the glam factor.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    I am NOT a t.v. person at all and I especially dislike reality based shows...do we not have lives...BUT I must say how must say this show is a favorite.
    LoL. Seriously. I remember back in 2002 telling myself, "I would NEVER over my dead body be caught watching reality T.V. shows. They're so DUMB." Now, I catch myself watching 2: Tori/Dean & Jon & Kate Plus 8. I seriously have no life.. (Although, the Wild on E! was about the only reality TV show I liked most back then, starring Brooke Burke- she had this coolness about her)!

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I like the original UK version better. The women are SO much cattier and the it's more in your face. Their advice is more applicable IMHO.
    I agree. They're catty, but funny/light-hearted at the same time. They also get to the point and offer useful advice. I like them. Go Brits!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I like what not to wear, and i love clinton, but i really can not stand Stacy. I swear to god if she says "SHUT UP" one more time i will stab her in my dreams.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENFP

No! I hope they didn't get rid of him. Without him, Stacy is just annoying! I do love that show... Too bad I don't get it on my cable for some weird reason. That and VH1, but I have everything else.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by IEE623 View Post
    i don't watch TV 'cause i'm a fashionable noncomformist hahaha just kidding
    but no, i don't watch TV
    :high five:

I also do not watch TV. Couldn't be bothered. IT's just a bunch of nonsensical jibberish garbage anyway. Look, just get a DVD player, and you can watch movies all you like and HELL you can choose your own shows.

If you want news, go online or listen to the radio. See. No TV necessary.

And then you don't have to pay the German tax for TV. Muahhahahahahaha.

If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.