User Tag List

View Poll Results: Love it or Hate it?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like

    17 42.50%
  • Dislike

    11 27.50%
  • Unsure

    12 30.00%
First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 46

  1. #11
    Senior Member helen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    241

    Default

    I've only watched one episode, when I was stuck babysitting my little cousin and had nothing else to do. It certainly held my attention. I think it's interesting to consider the role clothes play in revealing a person's self-image and creating the image they present to the world, and how simple changes in wardrobe can modify and change that.

    On the other hand, some of the negativity, fashion dogmatism, and criticism made me wince. On the whole, it's not a show I would watch often, or ever, ever, choose to be on!
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

  2. #12
    Senior Member nottaprettygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    On the other hand, some of the negativity, fashion dogmatism, and criticism made me wince.
    Listen. Pleated pants are never acceptable. Never. Ever! Nerver!

  3. #13
    Senior Member helen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Listen. Pleated pants are never acceptable. Never. Ever! Nerver!
    AHH! Not Te! Not again! NOOO!

    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

  4. #14
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    I can't remember if I've seen that one but some of those shows are funny and interesting.

    But then, I've also watched multiple episodes of Project Runway. *hangs head in shame*
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  5. #15
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Listen. Pleated pants are never acceptable. Never. Ever! Nerver!
    Pleated pants are totally hot...on a guy.

  6. #16
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Pleated pants are totally hot...on a guy.
    *looks at his pants* *sudden relisation*
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #17
    Senior Member Kyrielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    I watched one show. Hated it. Mostly because I put myself in the place of that person on the show, and just thinking about being there in that person's position made me furious. Then again, I've always been one to be highly skeptical and distrusting of "social norms" clothing wise.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

    Robert Frost

  8. #18
    Senior Member helen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I watched one show. Hated it. Mostly because I put myself in the place of that person on the show, and just thinking about being there in that person's position made me furious. Then again, I've always been one to be highly skeptical and distrusting of "social norms" clothing wise.
    I felt this way. Kinda. But nobody forced them to go on the show, so they knew what they were in for at least.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

  9. #19
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    *looks at his pants* *sudden relisation*
    Are you wearing pleated pants, Kitty?

  10. #20
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Are you wearing pleated pants, Kitty?


    I have to just to make sure my ass fits into them while keeping the waist managable and not look like they don't fit. I was cursed/blessed with a butt... ><*
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. What is your opinion of the ongoing reports about trolling/cyberbullying costing life
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 05:13 PM
  2. What is your definition of maturity?
    By LindseyLadybug in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 11:02 AM
  3. What is YOUR point of living?
    By beyondaurora in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 10:07 PM
  4. [Fe] What is your idea of a romantic gesture or evening?
    By Saslou in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 06:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO