• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] What is feeling? What is emotion?

wu lan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Why is it conjured as a reaction when my inner value is violated?
Someone can give me some insight?

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Why is it conjured as a reaction when my inner value is violated?
Someone can give me some insight?

Have you ever watched a movie and find yourself feeling depressed when one of those characters in the movie died? Have you ever wondered why you felt that way? Because despite the fact that it's only a movie, everything that happened inside that movie actually felt like reality to us, characters that died inside that movie felt as if there are people dying in real life, or at least, that is how our mind perceives that movie. Most people tend to underestimate the power of our mind. The human's mind is actually a very powerful mechanism, our mind has the ability to make us happy, sad, angry etc. Feeling/emotion is something that is generated from our thoughts. When you think of angry thoughts, you will start feeling angry. When you think of happy thoughts, you will start feeling happy. When you think of unhappy thoughts, you will start feeling unhappy. If you want to change your emotions, you can always start off by changing your thoughts/mindset.

Those emotions are conjured when your inner value is violated because it's our instinctive reaction, our primal nature. As humans, all of us have an egoistic side to us, also known as our dark side. And when an inner value is violated, this triggers that egoistic side inside us, and hence, we ended up feeling emotions such as anger. It's basically the same thing as, why do humans need oxygen and water to survive?