• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Famous INFPs

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
whoever they are, they're all dead

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Virgil
Shakespeare
Kierkegaard
Joan of Arc
*Emily Dickenson*-pointed out by heart
John Milton
Gregory Mendel

Last edited:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sarah McLachlan
Fiona Apple
Bjork

Members Only

MBTI Type
INFP
Lynch. Really?

Lynch is a very interesting one to debate.

We can very definatly say he is INP, but is he T or F?

I'm verging on F though.

The two main "faces" for the TM meditation movement are Lynch and Dr John Haglin (Seems to be an INTP). Dr John Haglin preaches the science part of TM, Lynch preaches the emotional side of TM (Subjective effects etc...). IMO, when Lynch speaks of the benefits gained through Meditation, he does not speak in scientific, concrete terms (As does the INTP Dr John Haglin) but in abstract F based terms.

Here, have a watch. YouTube - David Lynch - Meditation

Thoughts?

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Lynch is a very interesting one to debate.

We can very definatly say he is INP, but is he T or F?

I'm verging on F though.

The two main "faces" for the TM meditation movement are Lynch and Dr John Haglin (Seems to be an INTP). Dr John Haglin preaches the science part of TM, Lynch preaches the emotional side of TM (Subjective effects etc...). IMO, when Lynch speaks of the benefits gained through Meditation, he does not speak in scientific, concrete terms (As does the INTP Dr John Haglin) but in abstract F based terms.

Here, have a watch. YouTube - David Lynch - Meditation

Thoughts?

I don't think INTPs that meditate are thinking about the technical lowering of blood pressure etc.

I question the FP because of how abstract and technical the work is.

One of the things that does make me think F is how worked up he can get in interviews.

I do think he's one of these people, like Herzog perhaps, who has reached such a level of Ni that it comes across as Fi; that it's deeply penetrated his values.

Actually, I'm coming over to INFP. Fi Ne. mmhmm.

Dude's got some serious Ne. Dominant Fi seems unlikely, but INFP is the best of the bunch.

Whether he is even human or not is debatable.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Edith Wharton?

Taking a wild guess.

Oh yeah and Stephen King.

Lotr246

Interesting you said Stephen King. I heard he was more INFJ. What makes you think INFP?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Interesting you said Stephen King. I heard he was more INFJ. What makes you think INFP?

I've heard INFP.

Also... considering the way INFPs write. What I've noticed is that most of them can't write middle ground. Everything is either absolutely fantastic or absolutely horrible. Stephen King is more the latter. NJs get more sick of the same thing and tend to write more turbulence.

heart

heart on fire
I've heard INFP.

Also... considering the way INFPs write. What I've noticed is that most of them can't write middle ground. Everything is either absolutely fantastic or absolutely horrible. Stephen King is more the latter.

Yes, think you're correct. The obsession with good vs. evil, light vs. dark etc. Good or bad.

Members Only

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think INTPs that meditate are thinking about the technical lowering of blood pressure etc.

True, but Haglin definitely approaches TM from a much more scientific angle (grapths, experiments, charts etc...) compared to Lynch's more feeling based, personal explanations.

I question the FP because of how abstract and technical the work is.

INFP's tend to be very abstract and I definitely do not question the P. Lynch shot his last film (Inland Empire) with no working script: Lynch and the actors just turned up on set, and improvised from there, that does not sound very J to me.

Another observation: A lot of Lynch's films involve "Put upon" women, or women in dire situations, something about that just strikes me as very INFP for some reason, see the ending montage in Mulholland Drive for example. I find that even though Lynch's work appears very dream like, and technical, in mostly all of his films what he is trying to get at more than anything is an exploration of the subconscious psyche of Humans, their underlying feelings and thought processes etc... This just all strikes me as very INFP'ish.

When I think of a TJ director, I think of Kubrick: his shots are all meticulously composed and structured, his study of characters very objective, at a distance etc...

When I think of FP directors I think of Malick, Lynch. Even though they can be as technical as the Kubricks of the world, their shots feel more organic and natural, they study their characters up close, you are inside the characters heads (Malick voice over, Lynch dreams).

With TJ directors, at times you can feel the directors main focus was on the technical aspects of a shot, with FP directors, the shots might be just as technical (In a different way, more use of natural light, location shooting etc...), but the characters and their thoughts/feelings always remain the Central focus.

Obviously I would expect most great directors, Kubrick, Lynch, Malick etc... to all be very balanced and have good use of all their cognitive functions, but I can definitely see some differences in their styles.

Whether he is even human or not is debatable.

Haha, it is debatable.

I do think he's one of these people, like Herzog perhaps, who has reached such a level of Ni that it comes across as Fi; that it's deeply penetrated his values.

From what I have seen of Herzog, I think he is an INTP. The way he reacted to getting shot on camera was pure T, ahhhha.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
What do you mean by "write more turbulence?"

More turbulence, as in more ups and downs in an inconsistent manner, rather than consistently staying low, or being steady like a plot diagram.