• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Famous INFPs

travelinthrough

MBTI Type
INFP
James Taylor - love him.
I'm also not sure about Jason Castro IxFP - but LOVE him too!!

Someone mentioned Sarah McLachlan - I've always thought she was INFP, but never been able to verify it.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I used to think of possibility of them all being dead. But you all have opened up my eyes.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I think Nietzsche was an INFP - not the INTP he's assumed to be. No INTP would have the nerve and insensitivity of destroying everything philosophy and science had produced and attempt to leave the world with Nihlism - only the selfishness of a Fi dominant soul could do this!

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I can very much identify with Nietzsche, but I viewed the debate on him being INTJ/P

And Nietzsche opposed Nihilism, I can't see him as F, at all.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
he only opposed to it as an ideal..... in the end, Nietzsche destroys so much and leaves so little in his wake. Descartes (oft-typed model for INTP) at least had the fuckin' common consideration to rebuild a haphazard sandcastle after destroying the MTV beachhouse with his dream hypothesis bulldozer.

Hunni518

MBTI Type
ISFJ
i know its a little late to respond to this thread... but no one said Mary, Mother of Jesus.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't think Dale is an NT. Crazy infp. Look at the George Oscar Bluth character for a model. NTs aren't that dumb.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lynch is a very interesting one to debate.

We can very definatly say he is INP, but is he T or F?

I'm verging on F though.

The two main "faces" for the TM meditation movement are Lynch and Dr John Haglin (Seems to be an INTP). Dr John Haglin preaches the science part of TM, Lynch preaches the emotional side of TM (Subjective effects etc...). IMO, when Lynch speaks of the benefits gained through Meditation, he does not speak in scientific, concrete terms (As does the INTP Dr John Haglin) but in abstract F based terms.

Here, have a watch. YouTube - David Lynch - Meditation

Thoughts?

I would guess he's Ni-dom, INFJ. I don't see Fi-dom anyhow.
I seriously dislike him though, but most intuitives I know adore him.
He seems self-important and almost fluffy with his contrived symbolism. It feels pretentious and frivolous. I feel like it's Ni rubbing me the wrong way, when normally I like Ni-doms in entertainment.

"For contrast between these two faculties, compare the literature of Dostoevsky and Tolstoy."

Is Tolstoy a dominant Extroverted Intuitive? If so, could you give an example of a writer who is a dominant Introverted Feeler, and auxiliary Extroverted Intuitive?

I actually think Tolstoy is an INFP, and I think comparing his work and Dostoevsky is a good contrast between INFP and INFJ.

dani_elle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Wow, I like most of the famous people mentioned here.

I'm venturing a guess... Sylvia Plath?

I'm seeing a lot of authors here.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I would guess he's Ni-dom, INFJ. I don't see Fi-dom anyhow.
I seriously dislike him though, but most intuitives I know adore him.
He seems self-important and almost fluffy with his contrived symbolism. It feels pretentious and frivolous. I feel like it's Ni rubbing me the wrong way, when normally I like Ni-doms in entertainment.

Well, I would've thought Ne-dom. For example, I watched Fire Walk With Me with some friends without ever seeing Twin Peaks, and I correctly identified a character as being a cuckold because he was placed at an angle where antlers on the wall behind him merged with his head. So, Lynch has read some version of Faust and he can shift patterns imaginatively. Spiffy, but not Ni.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anaïs Nin
Oscar Wilde
Charles Baudelaire
Allen Ginsberg ?
Carson McCullers