User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 84

  1. #71
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    I deal with thinking just fine. I'm thinking all the time. Ta Dah!

  2. #72
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i know right...bluewing is the master at asking ridiculous questions.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #73
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I find this question amusing.

    It's news to me that I have to 'deal with Thinking' and cope with it and be forced to make impersonal judgments.

    I think all of the time. I want things to make sense, and I need things to make sense. I don't even view my everyday real life as my sifting through 'values', vs. 'logic', and having to choose one over the other.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this. But of course the title of the OP is intended to be provocative, in order to elicit response.

  4. #74
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with this. But of course the title of the OP is intended to be provocative, in order to elicit response.
    Har har, nothing if not predictable, that one :rolleyes2: He's just trying to validate his own somewhat surreal and actually highly subjective prejudices. Probably better just not to feed him, as nothing you say will change his mind so far as I can see. Or even be acknowledged if it contradicts his preconcieved ideas.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  5. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I find this question amusing.

    It's news to me that I have to 'deal with Thinking' and cope with it and be forced to make impersonal judgments.

    I think all of the time. I want things to make sense, and I need things to make sense. I don't even view my everyday real life as my sifting through 'values', vs. 'logic', and having to choose one over the other. I simply make decisions based on the situation at hand, and sometimes they can be quite impersonal - as not everything in life is personal. But the distinction is that I don't have to *treat* people in an impersonal way when discussing or delivering my decision. And sometimes it is more important to me to factor in other peoples' needs to make what I consider the best decision possible. That's never everything, though. I juggle many factors.


    Bingo. The thing is, as far as I'm concerned my values are perfectly logical. I may feel something instantaneously but I have no problem examining that feeling from a logical standpoint and determining how it fits into my broader value system. I think that people assume that "cold, hard, logic" can only refer to those things that are tangibly quantifiable, when in fact it is perfectly logical to weigh emotional reactions into the equation.


    (Warning - legal geek speak ahead)

    For those of you who are at all familiar with legal scholarship, there is a reason that Judge Richard Posner is considered brilliant but utterly insane. Even moreso than most Law & Economics disciples, he relies entirely on cost/benefit analyses to make a decision. The problem is that he does not factor in the human costs that are involved in those decisions. So he'll write controversial articles on why there should be a legal market for selling babies, and is utterly baffled as to why anyone would be made uncomfortable by the suggestion. To me he epitomizes false logic that is based on a faulty premise - that premise being that wealth maximization should be the goal of society.

  6. #76
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    .
    ENFP friendships (as I picture them) are shallower in a sense, but by the same token they are more transparent; that is, at least people tend to know where they stand in their friendship with ENFPs. ENFPs have a more realistic picture of their friends, and they'll make an effort to fit you in someplace in their life where you'll interact well with their own needs and wants. As long as you remain a good fit, they'll be loyal in return and won't hold your failings against you. They don't keep a scorecard, and they don't blow up on you. If you maintain an ongoing interaction with them, you can expect some real longevity. But it's true that they are social animals: If you drift apart or go without interacting for a while, ENFPs will seek interaction elsewhere. I think you have to keep the relationship current and up to date with them; you can't just drop it and then expect to pick it back up a couple months later with the same intensity and activities as before. (And that may be a problem for INTPs who are unpredictable in their friendship habits.)

    FL
    FL, I always enjoy your perspectives, and I think you did really well. There's only one thing that is different for me. When I part with friends, because they move away or life gets in the way, I suck at keeping in touch. However, depending on our history, I can pick up where we left off the moment we happen to run in to each other. Yes, I suck at seting up sceduled appointments to see them again, and I keep postponing it. But when we get the logistics out of the way, it's like we just talked yesterday and the connection is instantly revived. Unfortunately, daily life demands so much attention that I'm truly too distracted to keep in touch when not seeing them as part of my daily routine. But when in need, they can always call me.

    There are exceptions of course. Sometimes people change overtime, including me, and then the connection may no longer be there. Or something happened in the past that is best left alone. Or sometimes the nature of your relationship changes. If you had a very intense emotional relationship, it is only natural that it takes a while to build back up to that same intensity, if that happens at all. That doesn't mean however that they're no longer welcome in my life. Also, the paranoia you speak of later in the thread, only really happens with truly intense emotional friendships, I've found and only right after that intensity has been disrupted. If the cause for this is known, I get over that relatively easily, otherwise you always keep wondering what happened. But it's unlikley to keep going for several months and unless there was some kind of fall-out, my door would still be open to them later on.


    Anycase, just my two cents,
    Amargith
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  7. #77
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Something must be wrong with me... I didn't find the original post (from June 2007!) very offensive.

    Until I started controlling it, Te was very all or nothing. I was either a cold bastard hiding underneath the Te shell, or completely controlled by the whims (which are not as slippery as SW seemed to think) of my introverted feeling.

  8. #78
    Magical BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Something must be wrong with me... I didn't find the original post (from June 2007!) very offensive.

    Until I started controlling it, Te was very all or nothing. I was either a cold bastard hiding underneath the Te shell, or completely controlled by the whims (which are not as slippery as SW seemed to think) of my introverted feeling.
    I relate totally to this. I'm not some logicless kitten like everyone seems to think the feelers with thinking in the inferior slot are.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  9. #79
    Senior Member MrME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    How do you cope with this being your third or fourth function when the world forces you too often to make impersonal judgments...
    1. First, I
    2. I'll usually :steam: for a few minutes.
    3. I'll usually have a follow-up
    4. I'll take a good, long nap.
    5. When I wake and feel refreshed, I will usually be all
    6. I'll then go to my computer and for a little bit because computers are so cold and logical. "I don't think my computer likes me!"
    7. I'll then ask, "Computer, what should I do if X plus Y equals Z?"
    8. Then I'll type my question into the computer because it can't hear me.
    9. Then I do whatever the computer says.
    10. Then I'll just for good measure.
    Last edited by MrME; 01-26-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: damn typos
    INFJ
    4w5

  10. #80
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    ^^ i'm doing that next time...seems definitely the way to go.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] INTJs, how do you deal with/feel about Te?
    By Uytuun in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-27-2014, 01:12 PM
  2. [NT] NTs, how do you deal with Reality...
    By rivercrow in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 08:45 AM
  3. [NF] NFs: How do you deal with depression?
    By DigitalMethod in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 06:35 PM
  4. [NT] How do you deal with stress ??
    By Lexlike in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 01:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO