User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I tend to take an all inclusive approach to decision making and analysis. I'm like the FBI who takes every phone call to find a missing person and observe what patterns emerge from the influx of facts. I do this rather than initially seeing how many perspectives I can dismiss (like assuming all subjective elements are irrelevant in a scenario). I attempt to include every angle possible. Depending on the nature of the problem, I will lean one way or another. I see different approaches to reasoning as different tools. I value having as many tools as possible to best survive.

If a decision is only hampered by emotional reactions and thinking, I attempt to disregard that element, and I do well enough to get decent results. If a decision benefits from this, then I use it. For example, if I have a student who starts crying out of frustration, I use supportive language to appeal to them specifically to make them feel special and strong to solve the problem of emotional crisis. On the other hand, if i am passed over for a job I really wanted, an emotional response will only wear me down, and so I distance myself from it. In that case I view myself as a tiny speck in the larger picture, realizing my personal desires have limited usefulness in building a peaceful life.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Uggh. That is exactly what they tell me / do to me too. (Well, except for Targo...)

It sounds like a trend.

awe Jen thanks!!!! That means a lot to me
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    Your comments are all rather insulting.... you have yet again generalized and made assumptions about personality types without taking into account the individual. That drives me in sane purely insane!

I have never been one to make friends easily but when I do I am loyal, I don't pass judgment and I am not solely in it for what I think they can do for me but rather how I can help them and do for them.
    WORD.. This thread is very insulting...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    WORD.. This thread is very insulting...
    I haven't read the whole thread. Human beings tend to be judgmental of whoever is unlike them as an individual. I don't see how that is related to F or T. There are Fs who care enough to have real empathy/sympathy and not pass judgment just like there are Ts who use empathy/objectivity to withhold judgment.

How should a person who approaches everything in very abstract, theoretical, impersonal terms approach this question? I don't know the answer to that, but if the intent is not personal, I can see a reason not to take it personally. In some ways I prefer a conclusion that is abstract to a fault over one in which the person assumes everyone of a personality type is the embodiment of their evil ex or something.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    infp

I find it frustrating when I'm asked to explain something I've found through feeling with logic, because it is simply impossible.

School is frustrating for me because there is so much emphasis on organization and logic/impersonal thinking, and I don't really want to do things that way.

When it comes to discussing things with other people that are logic based, I tend to flip-flop a lot, although I also often am just kind of indifferent.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I found logic better to work with since you either get it right or you get it wrong and the rules were universal. the subjective stuff you had to deal with what the teacher felt to get it right so there was a lack of being allowed to be myself. If I have to follow someone's rules I'll take logic; want to try something else, let me do what the hell I want. ^_^
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by J1129 View Post
    For me, I swear I was INTJ when I was younger but grew into an INFJ by the age of 10 or so. But it was strange because I would make decisions rationally & out of concern for others. For example, when I had my tonsils removed at the age of 8, I was praised for being a quiet, easygoing patient because I didn't scream or have a tantrum at the hospital. But I acted that way because I wanted to both prevent conflict (F) & to let the operation run smoothly & acting throwing a tantrum would only make the process worse (T). I also used to be more critical when I was younger & less emotionally involved but gradually I changed. Nowadays I dread criticism & can become very emotionally involved in art, music, movies, etc

Rationally out of concern for others? Doesnt stop you from being an F. Feeling is a rational function. It is about thinking about the human element and making decisions based on personal criteria rather than impersonal.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    This was my question to you in the last thread concerning the subject...

How do you cope with this being your third or fourth function when the world forces you too often to make impersonal judgments...
    i don't think anyone really makes impersonal judgements, i think intps just fool themselves into believing they do. but in answer to your question i guess i think ok, i got a 96 percentile on my lsat.

how come there is no shrugging smiley?

MBTI
    yupp

If forced to make an impersonal decision I'll either go with my gut but if my gut is being indesive I use logic if that doesn't work I just don't decide.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    i don't think anyone really makes impersonal judgements, i think intps just fool themselves into believing they do. but in answer to your question i guess i think ok, ?
    Yeah tell me about it..2+2 isnt really 4...there is no impersonal mathematical formula to vouch for this..im really fooling myself when i think i can use logic to make that discovering..it really has somethign to do with my feelings and biases and only mathematicians with the same biases and values can get the 'right' answer...

and me knowing that my car is white also has nothing to do with an impersonal, objective fact...and only those who sympathize with my personal values and feelings also see my car as white..those who dont like me or dont share the same values as i do or dont feel the way i do at the moment obviously wont see my car as white ..wont they?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/