User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 84

  1. #31
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    fdjsdpoifdsjpofdspojfdsfs

    I am not talking about people...just type tendencies...
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  2. #32
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ExTJ
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    If you aren't talking about actual people, than there isn't anything you can actually say about the "average" ENFP, ENFJ, or any type, as the "average" will be the average of people with a particular type (Unless you were talking about some random group of ideas of types, which cannot be compared anyway, since the ideas exist in your head and will be different than what is in other people's heads, leaving no way to actually resolve the differences.)

    It does seem we just have a repeat of a seawolfe character, only solitary walker is still another username, so most likely this is a different person with the same problems in their MBTI views.

  3. #33
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    LOL @ Zergling. I thought everyone knew by now.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  4. #34
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    It does seem we just have a repeat of a seawolfe character, only solitary walker is still another username, so most likely this is a different person with the same problems in their MBTI views.
    And the same writing... styl... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  5. #35
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ExTJ
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    Seawolfe already was using the solitary walker name, the bluewing name had a more aggressive type of personality than the seawolfe or solitary walker ones did, plus most forums I've been on have not looked kindly on people using several usernames.

    It makes sense, but I'll only believe it if I see or hear it directly from someone who would know for sure.

  6. #36
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Well, I usually only use Thinking to serve Feeling (and I honestly use both to serve Ni), as Jung says, but I'm actually aware of logic even when it contradicts what I want. I just choose to ignore it in that instance.

    As for how I decide when to terminate, progress, or begin a friendship, I have a set of rules, such as tolerating certain offenses, and not tolerating others, and how often I'll tolerate them, along with a definition of what I consider rude or improper. These rules are fairly fixed for me. The difference between this and logic is that these rules have nothing to do with efficiency or personal gain. They are based on my individual preferences, the things I find distasteful, etc. Also, in some rare cases, I'll make exceptions for certain individuals, but not others. It's arbitrary but organized.

  7. #37
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Those were very good observations.

    I think much of the same can even be said for ENTPs and ENFJ. ENTPs are more subtle because they are led by Extroverted Intuition. Extroverts tend to surround themselves by people that fill a hole in their lives and double task as their close friends. They could easily be replaced because they juggle many variables at the same time.

    Yet Is, do not need this as they can get what the Es get from the outside, from within themselves.

    Hence, an INFP will not drop you because something better has shown up. They dont need you like ENFPs may. They keep you around because they find you to be special as an individual, and if you are to be dropped, it will be personal, it will be because of something that you did, or perhaps that the friendship was never legitimate to begin with. As you said, perhaps the INFP discovers that the values that your friendship depended on with them have been replaced because they later were deemed undesirable by the INFP.

    In short, if you ask the INFP for why they terminated you, you will get a very clear and a detailed answer. Yet with the ENFP, ENTP, and ENFJ, you probably wont, because there may not be an answer as the act may be totally arbitrary. That is, they simply found someone better and they no longer need you. As they never cherished you for who you are, just for what you gave, and in that case, you simply never evolved to the point where the INFP would start you off at---a relationship where they want you around because they deem for you to be special, and not because they have something to take from you.

    As an adult, I always give several chances to a person before I cut them and I usually ask that they explain why they did the things they did, trying to see if I just misunderstood their motives or intent. I tell them what I need from them. I am always amazed at the people who won't listen to that as if I had said nothing. If they continue to step over my boundaries then I finally cut them. I am always amazed at how shocked some are...or pretend to be.

  8. #38
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    That was a good post FL.

    Except, I doubt you can really be thinking about a solid relationship with an average ENFP unless you got into their elite category, which tends to be difficult for an INTP. At least more difficult than with the INFP, simply because INFPs tend to have more in common with them.

    That's strange to hear you say that because I have clashed with most ENFP I interact with. Usually I irritate them by what they call: "focusing on sematics" or they assume I am *deeply depressed* and they go on a campaign to cheer me up which in turn ends up irritating me.

  9. #39
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Usually I irritate them by what they call: "focusing on sematics" or they assume I am *deeply depressed* and they go on a campaign to cheer me up which in turn ends up irritating me.
    Uggh. That is exactly what they tell me / do to me too. (Well, except for Targo...)

    It sounds like a trend.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #40
    Member J1129's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    35

    Default

    For me, I swear I was INTJ when I was younger but grew into an INFJ by the age of 10 or so. But it was strange because I would make decisions rationally & out of concern for others. For example, when I had my tonsils removed at the age of 8, I was praised for being a quiet, easygoing patient because I didn't scream or have a tantrum at the hospital. But I acted that way because I wanted to both prevent conflict (F) & to let the operation run smoothly & acting throwing a tantrum would only make the process worse (T). I also used to be more critical when I was younger & less emotionally involved but gradually I changed. Nowadays I dread criticism & can become very emotionally involved in art, music, movies, etc

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] INTJs, how do you deal with/feel about Te?
    By Uytuun in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-27-2014, 01:12 PM
  2. [NT] NTs, how do you deal with Reality...
    By rivercrow in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 08:45 AM
  3. [NF] NFs: How do you deal with depression?
    By DigitalMethod in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 06:35 PM
  4. [NT] How do you deal with stress ??
    By Lexlike in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 01:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO