User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 46

  1. #31
    Sweet Summer Dik Dik yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe
    Posts
    7,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    If you want to listen to how much I carry around inside all the time, open the spoiler. I will save the rest of you from looking at me, since I don't really matter as much as the greater majority of people faced with the same situation.

    I agree with the other posters, though, that emotional sensitivity is a strength in things like counseling or other jobs where you are trying to help people feel better about themselves. Sensitive counselors who treat their patients the way they personally would like to be treated go very far in their careers. Use your sensitivity to pretend everybody else is just as sensitive.

    @misfortuneteller
    I really do hope things get better for you. This is also a good example of why I get irritated with people who think being ADHD is just means you're a "hyperactive kid" who just needs to "try harder" to be "normal". It's so much more complex than that, and my mother has ADHD as well. It's something she constantly tries to work on but it's so, so hard for her, and I cannot stand when other people just think it's because she's not trying or because she's lazy. If there was anything I could do to help beyond giving a few words of sympathy, I would. A sincere "good luck" to the troubles you'll be facing in your near future.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

    not a type description

  2. #32
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    I really do hope things get better for you. This is also a good example of why I get irritated with people who think being ADHD is just means you're a "hyperactive kid" who just needs to "try harder" to be "normal". It's so much more complex than that, and my mother has ADHD as well. It's something she constantly tries to work on but it's so, so hard for her, and I cannot stand when other people just think it's because she's not trying or because she's lazy. If there was anything I could do to help beyond giving a few words of sympathy, I would. A sincere "good luck" to the troubles you'll be facing in your near future.
    At least I do fairly well when it comes to learning new ideas, since I always liked school except the parts about review or repitition. My hope is to maybe get into social work. It seems like I might do well with that, knowing what trips me up and what doesn't. Thank you for the good luck, I know I need it.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan
    Likes yama liked this post

  3. #33
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    Yes, it does work.
    "Keep calm and carry on".
    It's that simple.
    I don't understand how you can fail at something that easy.
    Yes, why can't the OP be more like the rest of us, who simply choose what to feel at any given time. This is why most of humanity is happy all the time, regardless of circumstances. Can you imagine what would happen if people didn't choose what they feel? People would have all sort of things standing in the way between the circumstances their lives are in and their emotional desirable states, causing them to behave in different ways, like they are driven to do them, like "Drives" or "Motives". It would be chaos!

    Thankfully, we live in a much better world then that. Some people just need reminders, that's all, but the world happiness organization is ready for the task, and it is your job to go to war zones were most people lost loved ones and suffer various levels of ecnomical strife and hang up our helpful poster, "Calm down and stop suffering".

    By job, I mean slavery position, you'll get tied in the middle of NYC and whipped and stoned if you don't. It's purely symbolic of course, someone such as yourself would surely not choose to suffer or feel humiliated or experience sadness at your new survival prospects. I am sure you can follow simple instructions, so just if you forget, we'll give you a reminder, "Just keep calm and be happy"

  4. #34
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    How to not get so offended?

    I would start with not taking people on the internet so seriously.
    Right, generally people are more likely to insult people over the internet for one of four reasons(or four of four reasons)

    1) They feel they can say what they want over the internet with no repercussions. Their person isnt tied to what they say. They are too much of a coward to say the same things in real life as they would on the internet. (Anonymity)

    2) They are working out issues of their own. (Pent up anger, depression, anxiety)

    3) They are trying to get a reaction out of you/ are bored. (Trolling)

    4) They sincerely are not trying to hurt your feelings, and do not realize they have crossed a line. (Don't know how to define this, immaturity seems wrong)

    Anyways, I'm sorry if this doesn't help, but I would just try to understand someones reasonings for offending you, decide if it is meant to be personal, and react accordingly. No point in getting upset at something that was not meant to be personal, (sorry I know you can't help it), and I know you are tired of hearing it but the only person who has any control over your emotions is you.

    I'm again sorry if this is all wrong, it is hard for me to relate.

  5. #35
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    he's a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    i'm actually judging you based on Te... you show a lack of competence since you think you can change type, learn MBTI.
    Type changing is certainly possible.
    When I was 6, I used to be an INTJ. as an INTJ, I never felt awake. I was mentally sleeping for the first 8 years of my life.
    When I was about 10, I changed to INTP over time. When that happened, I finally felt concious.
    Now, I'm acting more and more like an extrovert. If this continues, I'll become an ENTP in a couple of years.

    Type change does work, but it's so slow, one wouldn't notice it.
    Unless it has something to do with me having mild aspergers, narcissism, and slight psychopathy... Nahh, that can't be it.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  6. #36
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    he's a troll.
    Nope, I'm serious. I'm not trolling at all. I just gave her an obvious answer for this obvious question. When I feel depressed, I start to think.

    I realize: "Wait a minute, that doesn't make sense. Wtf am I doing anyway? Fuck this. I'll do something that will actually help me in the future, like studying some psychology to help me as a defense attorney...." Then, I automatically forget what the hell just happened because I'm distracted to the fascinating depth of psychology and the joy of having an explanation of how normal people work and why they work like that.

    In my opinion, emotions are an evil curse that prevent humans from thinking clearly. Emotions, to me, are a nasty fog blinding people from reality.
    Every war ever fought was triggered by emotion; a clash of ideals that oppose each other inevitably create conflict.
    Not only that, but because of emotion, the bane of my existence, religion, exists, because most humans are too weak not to depend on something.
    Believing in "God" is creating false faith and hope for the sake of being optimistic. Religion is, to me, a synonym for propaganda to encourage wars.
    But why is all this chaos created anyway? Because emotions exist. People subliminally want war because people are killed and this satisfies the "kill or be killed" instinct. If there were no emotions, and only logic, the world would be nearly perfect, because perfect makes sense.

    One cannot have become evil if one wasn't good before. There are no exceptions.
    Let's take Ted Bundy for an example. Was he evil? No. What he did, he percieved as fun. Others saw it as wrong and evil. It's you that thinks Ted Bundy is evil because what he did goes against your ideals, thus creating conflict. He was neither good nor evil. Just a mere troll.

    Am I a sociopath? No. You're the sociopath if you can't understand my viewpoint. despite this, it has alot of reality in it, too.
    Also, sociopaths have emotions, too, but they only understand their own.

    I sometimes might not be able to control my curse, but I accept that it's a curse at all. Many people cannot.
    You get it, or you don't. I don't want to pull anyone through "DABDA", the 5 stages of grief.

    Believe what you want, but in my opinion, being overly emotional is a disorder. The most common one in humanity, even more common than stupidity.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  7. #37
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    One cannot have become evil if one wasn't good before. There are no exceptions.
    Let's take Ted Bundy for an example. Was he evil? No. What he did, he percieved as fun. Others saw it as wrong and evil. It's you that thinks Ted Bundy is evil because what he did goes against your ideals, thus creating conflict. He was neither good nor evil. Just a troll.
    So you believe that killing thirty people doesn't make a person evil; just a "troll"? That's a... unique perspective. Also perhaps a little worrying.

    And yet you believe emotions are evil. But isn't the idea of "evil" an emotional construct?

    And what about emotions like love, empathy, and compassion? Do you think those are evil, too? What do you think humanity would be like without those emotions?
    Likes gromit liked this post

  8. #38
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    Let's take Ted Bundy for an example. Was he evil? No. What he did, he percieved as fun. Others saw it as wrong and evil. It's you that thinks Ted Bundy is evil because what he did goes against your ideals, thus creating conflict. He was neither good nor evil. Just a mere troll.
    .
    Let's move away from the word evil for a moment.

    Do you think there are modes of conduct and aspects of human behavior that are acceptable, or, that is, praiseworthy? Are there modes of conduct and aspects of human behavior that are unacceptable, and thus merit disapproval? (Like for instance, how a man treats his inferiors...)
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  9. #39
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    So you believe that killing thirty people doesn't make a person evil; just a "troll"? That's a... unique perspective. Also perhaps a little worrying.
    It wasn't good, either. Ted Bundy says it's good, you say it's bad. I don't have a perspective. I'm a realist. reality is that good and evil is interpretation.
    Morals, since the are interpretation, don't exist. Therefore, it's not a fact that he is evil. It's nothing more than a mere opinion.
    Also, I'm a person that judges people of who they are rather than what they did or their authoritative position.

    And yet you believe emotions are evil. But isn't the idea of "evil" an emotional construct?
    It is. I have emotions, too, if I like it, or not, but I dislike emotions because they block logic.

    And what about emotions like love, empathy, and compassion? Do you think those are evil, too? What do you think humanity would be like without those emotions?
    If these wouldn't exist, other emotions wouldn't exist by default, since every negative is bound to have a positive.


    My brain is tired. If I have more to say, I'll edit.
    Last edited by RandomINTP; 04-23-2015 at 02:22 PM.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  10. #40
    Senior Member Opal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Just be deliberate with every breath, and have confidence in your choices.

    And remember, this is a learning process for all of us.
    Likes gromit liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Which type do you not get?
    By Cloud of Thunder in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 12:41 AM
  2. Do you not get lost in conversations ?
    By entropie in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO