First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    INTP Ni

Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    INFJ's aren't like INFP's. We are Fi doms and we get offended the easiest.

you can't change type.

No, but you can grow.
    I've been doing personal growth since my early 20s and I HAVE changed for the better.
    Take RandomINTPfor instance, I USED to be like that but no longer.
    I score hi Fi, and when I was amongst INFPs the other day, I WAS hurt but I stood up for myself and said they were acting selfish in the way they were expressing themselves with no self control in regards to others.

I think INFPs who are over the top, need to learn to self soothe.
    I myself have emotions that overpower me frequently and are difficult to not let go off full blast. but I do, do it.

"Just a suggestion, I happily ignored" Yeah because you're immature and can't handle being told something because you take things personally too much and that MY FEELINGS ARE MY FEELINGS. Well i'm not trying to take that away from you, you dummy.
    I now realise ENTP, which Psychiatrist screwed me up, my T, allowing relationship with INFJ, F to develop in me in place of my weaken, damaged, violated T.

Holland Code (RIASEC): IAE
    Ne (95%) Fi (85%) Ni /Fe (75%) Ti (70%) Si (55%) Se (50%)
    -------

on what planet is it a strength?
    If I were in a hospital bed seriously injured, I would want someone sensitive to hold my hand or even just sit by me. If I had just been cheated on, I would want someone sensitive to be there for me. If my mom died, I would want someone sensitive to hug me as I cried and listen to my stories.

And on a greater scale, it is often the sensitive people who recognize the systemic injustices, who have the idealism to believe that things can change, who start those causes and those revolutions.

The world is in great need of caring, sensitive people. There is a lot of heartache and pain. There are a lot of areas of inequality and unfairness.

And sensitive people, with their quiet example, can help others to realize they could be more sensitive too.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes Oaky, Redbone, OrangeAppled liked this post

Anyway I still sometimes get my feelings hurt by criticism. It is easier said than done but I think it comes down to having a consistent and positive image of yourself that is resistant to what others say. Of course you can consider their perspective, but it's more a neutral considering than an emotional one.

Also, to help bridge that gap, Taylor Swift has some good words too Esp to turn up to dance to. Dancing always good to ditch a bummed out mood!

Bakers gonna bake bake bake bake bake.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectlyConfused View Post
    "Just a suggestion, I happily ignored" Yeah because you're immature and can't handle being told something because you take things personally too much and that MY FEELINGS ARE MY FEELINGS. Well i'm not trying to take that away from you, you dummy.
    i'm actually judging you based on Te... you show a lack of competence since you think you can change type, learn MBTI.

I do get hurt really easily too, what helps is to realize, that every reaction you get on yourself is subjective and dependent on the personal preferences of the person judging you. Sometimes you can not please everyone and people will see fault in you if they want to whether there really is one or not.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    INTP Ni

i'm actually judging you based on Te... you show a lack of competence since you think you can change type, learn MBTI.
    So you're going to go against an opinion of someone who problem solved his entire life, and has grown from Sociopathic levels of T to feeling everyones pain in F? How well do you solve problems and design new plans, may I ask?

I've seen the "you can't change type" line from many people, but I did not accept it, and guess what, you can develop weaknesses. Doesn't mean you're not an INFP any more, but it means you've developed other skills. You'd still be an INFP! Which is actually pretty funny, because INFPs are supposed to understand all other types, the most! But I have seen nothing but the contrary to that!
    BUT you understand others FEELINGS, you can see what's wrong in terms of feelings, but like an INTP, again like randomINTP, because he was mentioned in this thread, he can't understand or appreciate feelings! But he CAN understand logic and reason!

No, you're accepting what you're told by people who don't think for themselves! (because you are one of the people who can't think for themselves) and btw, LOL, yes because MBTI is the beginning and the end of everything... I SAID THAT ON THE INFP FORUM the other day! You're just like most closed minded INFPs! or closed minded INTPs! YOU'RE CLOSED MINDED! One holds onto feelings deeply and expect everyone else to change, the other holds onto reason and logic and expects everyone else to change.

Well look at me I understand BOTH, wonder what that means.

I will no longer waste time with this discussion.
    I now realise ENTP, which Psychiatrist screwed me up, my T, allowing relationship with INFJ, F to develop in me in place of my weaken, damaged, violated T.

Holland Code (RIASEC): IAE
    Ne (95%) Fi (85%) Ni /Fe (75%) Ti (70%) Si (55%) Se (50%)
    -------

How to not get so offended?

I would start with not taking people on the internet so seriously.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Technically, my Ti will always fail when pitted against my Fe. Inferior vs. dominant functions and all that. But, beating the crap out of people is probably not the way to go lol!

Anyway, my point was just that it's harder for F-types to just "get over it" and move on because we can't just shake off and ignore how we feel; I'm not an NF, but after seeing the posts in this thread I assume it's similar for them. If an F tries to ignore these feelings and "carry on" it could potentially bottle up and explode later. So, in these butthurt situations I would recommend that OP come to terms with their feelings out in the open by sharing them rather than ignoring them and potentially having that backfire later.
    If you want to listen to how much I carry around inside all the time, open the spoiler. I will save the rest of you from looking at me, since I don't really matter as much as the greater majority of people faced with the same situation.

I agree with the other posters, though, that emotional sensitivity is a strength in things like counseling or other jobs where you are trying to help people feel better about themselves. Sensitive counselors who treat their patients the way they personally would like to be treated go very far in their careers. Use your sensitivity to pretend everybody else is just as sensitive.

@misfortuneteller
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    If I were in a hospital bed seriously injured, I would want someone sensitive to hold my hand or even just sit by me. If I had just been cheated on, I would want someone sensitive to be there for me. If my mom died, I would want someone sensitive to hug me as I cried and listen to my stories.

And on a greater scale, it is often the sensitive people who recognize the systemic injustices, who have the idealism to believe that things can change, who start those causes and those revolutions.

The world is in great need of caring, sensitive people. There is a lot of heartache and pain. There are a lot of areas of inequality and unfairness.

And sensitive people, with their quiet example, can help others to realize they could be more sensitive too.
    This is one of my strengths, and I like to claim it because though it in no way counterbalances my tendencies toward uselessness, it at least gives me support when I need it from other people. I probably couldn't survive without giving out as much warmth as I do, and I barely survive even though I do give out lots of warmth.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes gromit liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectlyConfused View Post
    So you're going to go against an opinion of someone who problem solved his entire life, and has grown from Sociopathic levels of T to feeling everyones pain in F? How well do you solve problems and design new plans, may I ask?

I've seen the "you can't change type" line from many people, but I did not accept it, and guess what, you can develop weaknesses. Doesn't mean you're not an INFP any more, but it means you've developed other skills. You'd still be an INFP! Which is actually pretty funny, because INFPs are supposed to understand all other types, the most! But I have seen nothing but the contrary to that!
    BUT you understand others FEELINGS, you can see what's wrong in terms of feelings, but like an INTP, again like randomINTP, because he was mentioned in this thread, he can't understand or appreciate feelings! But he CAN understand logic and reason!

No, you're accepting what you're told by people who don't think for themselves! (because you are one of the people who can't think for themselves) and btw, LOL, yes because MBTI is the beginning and the end of everything... I SAID THAT ON THE INFP FORUM the other day! You're just like most closed minded INFPs! or closed minded INTPs! YOU'RE CLOSED MINDED! One holds onto feelings deeply and expect everyone else to change, the other holds onto reason and logic and expects everyone else to change.

Well look at me I understand BOTH, wonder what that means.

I will no longer waste time with this discussion.
    If I could develop Si (attention to detail) and Se (attention to the world around me rather than the shit in my head), I would not have any of the problems I have. MBTI has largely been discredited in favor of the Big 5, since Big 5 allows for the changes @PerfectlyConfused described. It is time for @misfortuneteller to get on with the new system rather than be stuck with the old. We've updated things since Jung.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan