• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Famous INFJs

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
i'm pretty famous... you ought to see my work literally shut down if i am gone... nothing ever gets done...

actually i am famous though... though, in a very local sense...

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Keirsey is good to read for theory but I think some of his typing of famous people is a little off. Most other sources type Dylan as an INFJ and an Enneagram 4.

Lotr246

What do you think of Gandhi? Keirsey types him as INFJ, while other sources say INFP.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
What do you think of Gandhi? Keirsey types him as INFJ, while other sources say INFP.

There's a piece of "stubbornness"to Gandhi that seems more INFP (dominant Judging function rather than dominant Perceiving).
  • I remember that his initial rejection of Christianity was based on his personal experiences while traveling and the prejudices he was shown. INFJ's are more idea-oriented
  • He took his stands to such extremes, which is so the values stance common in INFPs when certain issues become front and central. I'm thinking of carrying scorpions out of his house rather than killing him, the hunger strikes, etc.

I'm picking nitpicky examples, probably because they stuck in this INFJ's mind as counter to how I act, but he was such a "values spokesperson," a tag often used to describe INFPs

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In many descriptions I read about the INFJ, Ghandi was portraied as role model for an INFJ

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In many descriptions I read about the INFJ, Ghandi was portraied as role model for an INFJ

I'd say Ghandi is an INFP, because of the following quotes :

Mahatma Gandhi Quotes - The Quotations Page

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes."

"Hate the sin, love the sinner."

"Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress."

"I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it. I can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the cost of your life."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think Gandhi is indeed an INFJ but is Enneagram 1 instead of 4.

redacted

There's a piece of "stubbornness"to Gandhi that seems more INFP (dominant Judging function rather than dominant Perceiving).
  • I remember that his initial rejection of Christianity was based on his personal experiences while traveling and the prejudices he was shown. INFJ's are more idea-oriented
  • He took his stands to such extremes, which is so the values stance common in INFPs when certain issues become front and central. I'm thinking of carrying scorpions out of his house rather than killing him, the hunger strikes, etc.

I'm picking nitpicky examples, probably because they stuck in this INFJ's mind as counter to how I act, but he was such a "values spokesperson," a tag often used to describe INFPs

seemed like his goal was to implement his vision(Ni) in the the environment of values(Fe). an INFP would be much less likely to have such a desire to change things around them.

S

Sniffles

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn(RIP)
Lev Shestov
GK Chesterton

I'm still debating about Nikolai Berdyaev. The fact his autography is basically about the developments of his ideas seems to point in that direction.

I'm also not entirely sure about GB Shaw either. I know he's been classifed as an Ni type, and the kind of bantering he did with Chesterton certainly points in that direction.

I could believe Adolf Hitler.

Same with Martin Luther, based on what I've read of the man's personality. Would also explain my strange admiration for the man on some levels, despite being Catholic and believing the Reformation did much harm.

I think Charles Peguy may fit into this category as well. ;)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Helen Hunt's character (fictional) in As Good as it Gets, maybe.