First 21011121314 Last

Thread: Famous INFJs

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Gawd, Wittgenstein. Everybody I know who's studied Wittgenstein went a little mad in the process. He's a pernicious influence.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    ever seen the movie gandhi?
    that might tell you what gandhi is lol and its a great movie
    Gandhi is INFJ, Hollywood notwithstanding.

To expand more on this. I don't see how a P type could develop and maintain the strange celibacy ideas that Gandhi did. They might feel bad that they were sexing it up when their father died but to take it to the extreme of celibacy and then the notion that celibacy is not enough, one must sleep with young hotties to prove just how perfectly celibate one is? Just seems so ritualistic and meaningless sacrfice. It just sounds more like some weird inferior Se thing.

His celibacy seems very different from Kierkegaard's (INFP) celibacy. Kierkegaard was celibate to because his desire for solitude and to pursue his relationship with the internal God was so strong. Gandhi seems to be trying to prove something with his (battle with inferior Se drives and religious standards).

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Gandhi is INFJ, Hollywood notwithstanding.

To expand more on this. I don't see how a P type could develop and maintain the strange celibacy ideas that Gandhi did. They might feel bad that they were sexing it up when their father died but to take it to the extreme of celibacy and then the notion that celibacy is not enough, one must sleep with young hotties to prove just how perfectly celibate one is? Just seems so ritualistic and meaningless sacrfice. It just sounds more like some weird inferior Se thing.
    I strongly believe Ghandi was INTJ. I'm not trolling, either, when I say that (for Synarch's benefit).

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Gawd, Wittgenstein. Everybody I know who's studied Wittgenstein went a little mad in the process. He's a pernicious influence.
    yes. also, quit playin language-games with my heart.

is he for sure an infj? i identify a lot, and i only know a few excerpted things from his biography, but i haven't read any of them yet. he seems more Ni to me than Ne, Fe vs Fi is where i'm not sure. he seems like he's always looking for something, that no place will ever really feel like home. that seems more infj.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

what about border characters stuck between the intj, infj, entp, and intp question? some Ti, some Fe, or maybe some NiFi?

jerry seinfeld, larry david, woody allen, etc. (woody allen seems more entp to me than anything, larry david could be an intp, and jerry could very easily by an infj???) most intps aren't so people/foible-focused.

i have more natural inkling to put joyce at intj than infj or infp. bob dylan is still a mystery to me, as is leonard cohen. i can see them as infp or infj depending on the day of the week. bob dylan as a religious like mlk leader figure makes sense. he says no, i just wanted to make music, but he's a fucking liar. what's his real name, again, orphan from new york?????? pssh

still working on writers like nabokov and donald barthelme. sometimes i wonder if elizabeth smart was an infj, tho she cold just as easily be an infp. is mitch hedberg an infp? i think he's so nf, but his attention to language and paradox makes me feel all twitchy. i put nabokov as intp bc of his passion for invention, for Ti over Ni, etc. whereas barthelme's favorite writer being samuell beckett, a strong intj, and that Ni dom connection, plus he feels softer, more humane even when he's just being playful and spontaneous and downright silly. his essay on fathers in the dead father = infj.

I dunno, I get a very S feeling from Lauren. Maybe an ISFJ?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Charizmatic View Post
    I dunno, I get a very S feeling from Lauren. Maybe an ISFJ?
    Which Lauren (not me, I know)?

haha lauren conrad....

I dont see her as much of an N. She thinks in the moment.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Charizmatic View Post
    haha lauren conrad....

I dont see her as much of an N. She thinks in the moment.
    What are you basing this on? She seems Ni to me, and I've watched every episode of TH and LB.

I dont know. I just get the feeling that she is an S. But then again, I dont have much experience in this. Why do you think she's an N?