• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Analytic feelers?

gandalf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Do you, as an intuitive feeler, consider yourself analytical? If you do, how do you think that trait manifests itself in you?

The context that made me come up with this question is web dating. I an INTJ man looking for a woman, and I'd be surprised if I found myself having ended up dating a thinker. I'd like to express in my profile that I value analyticality, but I can't help wondering if there are several ways of interpreting what it means.

Evastover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I do. It's probably evident in my caution/carefulness and effort to consider all viewpoints and information in a given situation.

Also, awesome username there, gandalf XD

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you're fishing for the golden ENFP, I've met a few of them ladies. While I wouldn't say that ENFPs have a tendency to be analytical, I have definitely seen a tendency towards surprising pragmatism. Maybe that will suffice?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Does it have to be an intuitive feeler?

I'm can be extremely analytical, but mainly of myself. I'm an ongoing experiment to existing and it's revealing some very useful data.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you're fishing for the golden ENFP, I've met a few of them ladies. While I wouldn't say that ENFPs have a tendency to be analytical, I have definitely seen a tendency towards surprising pragmatism. Maybe that will suffice?
:yes: My ENFP bestie is so damn analytical that I thought she was an ENTP for a long while.

Cygnus

These days, anyone who's not analytical is dead meat. Technological economies require all people to think analytically.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:yes: My ENFP bestie is so damn analytical that I thought she was an ENTP for a long while.

I suppose it depends on what you mean by analytical. Being in tech, some people might call me analytical, but I wouldn't. I am exploratory with the goal to learn enough to make something happen. People who I consider analytical are a hell of a lot more thorough than me when gathering information, they'll implement and test in a variety of situations, gather stats, graph them. Then they'll compile all of it and share it as an accomplishment in itself. I'll do some of this sort of thing, but only enough to get a rough enough understanding to just start doing something already.

vorfreude

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you, as an intuitive feeler, consider yourself analytical? If you do, how do you think that trait manifests itself in you?

The context that made me come up with this question is web dating. I an INTJ man looking for a woman, and I'd be surprised if I found myself having ended up dating a thinker. I'd like to express in my profile that I value analyticality, but I can't help wondering if there are several ways of interpreting what it means.
In my experience, NFs manifest their rational side in their ability to set emotion aside and view a given situation objectively. Make no mistake though, our "objective" is usually much less detached, sharp and precise than an NT "objective"... I, personally, value and enjoy being exposed to a thinker's perspective on things as it brings greater clarity and focus to the table.

I guess a good way to word your preference would be that you appreciate both compassion and objectivity in a woman.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It sounds like more than seeking someone analytical per se, you're just looking for someone who can understand (and hopefully accept!) you as you are. I've had the pleasure of knowing some brilliant NFs. One of the reasons that I value them so deeply is that they don't think like I do. Their contrasting perspective helps to fill in the blindspots in my reasoning, and help to introduce me to radically new ways of looking at the world.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

My husband is an ENFJ and he's an engineer. I think it would be helpful to add that you value analyticality because I don't know that you would necessarily add your MBTI type to profile. Even if you did, not everyone is familiar.

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah. I'm analytical to a point... Until emotions are involved. When it's pure logic, I can deal with it very well, although I must say that I need to work on listening to others' opinions even if they've hurt my feelings...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Just as any Thinking type is capable of feeling/understanding the realm of emotions/social dynamics, so too can a Feeling type be analytical. Different tempos, context, content. Different textures.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not about whether I'm analytical or not...it's what I am interested in analyzing. And that content is very F.

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can be very analytical if the situation or matter in hand doesn't involve me or especially my emotions. Those seriously screw up logical thinking.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm analytical no matter on almost any situation dealing with people haha. There you go.

gandalf

MBTI Type
INTJ
It sounds like more than seeking someone analytical per se, you're just looking for someone who can understand (and hopefully accept!) you as you are. I've had the pleasure of knowing some brilliant NFs. One of the reasons that I value them so deeply is that they don't think like I do. Their contrasting perspective helps to fill in the blindspots in my reasoning, and help to introduce me to radically new ways of looking at the world.

You are right with your very first sentence, but that's not the whole truth. It's not only about me being understood, but also about me being able to understand her.

One very simple example easily discoverable on web dating sites is that very few people are easily and openly analytical about themselves. There may be many reasons for that, and many of those who don't appear analytical immediately may be that after all once you get to know each other, but one example of the analyticality that I am refering to here is the ability and also interest into explaining oneself. Not everyone knows the MBTI, for example, and that kind of knowledge is definitely not a requirement, but I would value somekind of personal interest into something like that.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
In my experience, NFs manifest their rational side in their ability to set emotion aside and view a given situation objectively.

Do you think that the decision to set emotions aside comes from logical analysis of the situation needing it and that emotions would not make logical sense, or from F type of rationale of deciding that its not worth it to waste emotional energy on it?

vorfreude

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you think that the decision to set emotions aside comes from logical analysis of the situation needing it and that emotions would not make logical sense, or from F type of rationale of deciding that its not worth it to waste emotional energy on it?

Sometimes the rational side comes in to counteract overwhelming emotion. For instance, a particular event triggered a flood of emotion, lets stand back, observe the emotion and try to figure out where it might have come from, what's behind it, how to resolve the situation? Other times, the usual approach: "how do I feel about this, or this, or that?" simply doesn't cut it, and an in-depth research followed by a cost/benefit analysis is called for. Sometimes it's a matter of persuading someone who will not accept "cause it feels right" as a valid argument. :)

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am very analytical, yet very energetic, which is probably why I always get mistyped as an ESTP by people that have no knowledge of mbti and how the theory works.