User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    Do you, as an intuitive feeler, consider yourself analytical? If you do, how do you think that trait manifests itself in you?

The context that made me come up with this question is web dating. I an INTJ man looking for a woman, and I'd be surprised if I found myself having ended up dating a thinker. I'd like to express in my profile that I value analyticality, but I can't help wondering if there are several ways of interpreting what it means.
    My husband is an ENFJ and he's an engineer. I think it would be helpful to add that you value analyticality because I don't know that you would necessarily add your MBTI type to profile. Even if you did, not everyone is familiar.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ENFp Ne

Yeah. I'm analytical to a point... Until emotions are involved. When it's pure logic, I can deal with it very well, although I must say that I need to work on listening to others' opinions even if they've hurt my feelings...
    Hey! Take this bomb survey about human happiness. It's pretty open-ended, and it's for a fun project I'm doing because why not?

Link:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ina...?usp=send_form

Tumblr: enfpiss

Go follow me!

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    Do you, as an intuitive feeler, consider yourself analytical? If you do, how do you think that trait manifests itself in you?

The context that made me come up with this question is web dating. I an INTJ man looking for a woman, and I'd be surprised if I found myself having ended up dating a thinker. I'd like to express in my profile that I value analyticality, but I can't help wondering if there are several ways of interpreting what it means.
    Just as any Thinking type is capable of feeling/understanding the realm of emotions/social dynamics, so too can a Feeling type be analytical. Different tempos, context, content. Different textures.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

It's not about whether I'm analytical or not...it's what I am interested in analyzing. And that content is very F.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I can be very analytical if the situation or matter in hand doesn't involve me or especially my emotions. Those seriously screw up logical thinking.
    "The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd."
    - Bernard Russell

I'm analytical no matter on almost any situation dealing with people haha. There you go.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    It sounds like more than seeking someone analytical per se, you're just looking for someone who can understand (and hopefully accept!) you as you are. I've had the pleasure of knowing some brilliant NFs. One of the reasons that I value them so deeply is that they don't think like I do. Their contrasting perspective helps to fill in the blindspots in my reasoning, and help to introduce me to radically new ways of looking at the world.
    You are right with your very first sentence, but that's not the whole truth. It's not only about me being understood, but also about me being able to understand her.

One very simple example easily discoverable on web dating sites is that very few people are easily and openly analytical about themselves. There may be many reasons for that, and many of those who don't appear analytical immediately may be that after all once you get to know each other, but one example of the analyticality that I am refering to here is the ability and also interest into explaining oneself. Not everyone knows the MBTI, for example, and that kind of knowledge is definitely not a requirement, but I would value somekind of personal interest into something like that.
    INTJ, HSP, 1w9 or tritype 154, sx/sp

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by vorfreude View Post
    In my experience, NFs manifest their rational side in their ability to set emotion aside and view a given situation objectively.
    Do you think that the decision to set emotions aside comes from logical analysis of the situation needing it and that emotions would not make logical sense, or from F type of rationale of deciding that its not worth it to waste emotional energy on it?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    974 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Do you think that the decision to set emotions aside comes from logical analysis of the situation needing it and that emotions would not make logical sense, or from F type of rationale of deciding that its not worth it to waste emotional energy on it?
    Sometimes the rational side comes in to counteract overwhelming emotion. For instance, a particular event triggered a flood of emotion, lets stand back, observe the emotion and try to figure out where it might have come from, what's behind it, how to resolve the situation? Other times, the usual approach: "how do I feel about this, or this, or that?" simply doesn't cut it, and an in-depth research followed by a cost/benefit analysis is called for. Sometimes it's a matter of persuading someone who will not accept "cause it feels right" as a valid argument.
    "2 ams were made for poets, lovers, writers, visionaries, photographers, painters, overthinkers, silent seekers. These are my favorite hours." - anon

"If you do something out of duty, it will deplete you, but if you do something out of love, it will energize you." - anon

"Children are not things to be moulded, but people to be unfolded" - Jess Lair

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

I am very analytical, yet very energetic, which is probably why I always get mistyped as an ESTP by people that have no knowledge of mbti and how the theory works.
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

Please vote on my johari window at
    http://kevan.org/jh/kensei16
    I promise it will not take long.