• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Male ENFP a rarity?

Evastover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know, I feel like I can't swing a dead cat without hitting a male ENFP.

Not that I've ever actually done such a thing.

^^^ this exactly. This is my situation with men. I keep getting the ENFP's and INFJ's when all I want is a broody INTP ;-;

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My friend group had an overwhelming amount of ENFPS in it. A lot of them were male ENFPs, four male ENFPs actually. I could connect with them so easily, i'm not really into acting like a girl or guy...I have no idea if that makes sense. I'm a girl and identifty as one...I like feminine things etc whatever...I just didn't like the whole gender role part very much. I just connected very easily to male ENFPs in a brother sort of way. I'm not trying to come off as the "cool girl" because a lot of people mistake me for an ISFP. (in real life of course...most definitely not online) And thats what happens to most guy ENFPs you might think they're actually a ISFP. But once you get to know them, they're not like an ISFP at all...:unicorn: ENFP guys are usually very funny, in a lame type of way. It's a certain type of humor. a lot to do with intuition. They're low key when you meet them, but once they bond with you I'd say they're pretty eccentric. I think a lot of them are severely embarrassed about their emotional side. Which sucks, because they really don't admit to it...they observe in on some petty trait and blame that. I'm very emotional, but that's my life, and it's actually pretty neato.

If you're wondering, why does she know so much on male ENFPS? or think I know so much about them: I did a big project in my HS using MBTI. And I had a tight friend group that was sorta large? I really fucking love them. A lot of them are ENFPs and ISFPS. Then I'd say INFPS and ENFJs...one INTJ and one INFJ. They got as interested as I did; they would help me with my project by researching their type. it was cute and stuff....they still like it.

Interesting, I am a Male ENFP with mostly females for friends. I don't know, I have more fun with girls.

syorro

Interesting, I am a Male ENFP with mostly females for friends. I don't know, I have more fun with girls.
Same here! I do have a male best friend and a female best friend, but in general I've always spent more time with girls.

Starry

I can think of only one I know. I think he's 6w5, which would be a particularly unusual combo, but it comes together when you see it in person. A very cantankerous personality that isn't for everybody, but I like him.

Oh man, I wish there was a way for you to convince your friend to take the MBTI Nixie. Maybe you can tell him he can take it on his porch...he can still fire off shotgun warnings from time to time because protecting your land is an ongoing task. He can still drink some moonshine but...

6w5 is a volatile point... but due to idk...some of the stereotypes and misconceptions we have as it pertains to Ni>Fe (probably like Fe "contaminated" by maybe the social instinct and church potlucks..) it's more than common that Ni>Fe gets mistyped as Ne>Fi here.

If this individual seems ENFP and cantankerous...I would very much bet he is INFJ

If the individual seems ENFP and is charming x 1000000000000000000000000000000, engaging, inspiring (appears to have some form of positive outlook and is quite brilliant) and then out of fuckin nowhere this happens
atomic-bomb.gif
that would be an ENFJ (edit: okay should probably type that eNFJ to be accurate.)

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh man, I wish there was a way for you to convince your friend to take the MBTI Nixie.
Yes, that would be one real data point. I usually hesitate to speculate openly on the types of the uninitiated because it always feels like speaking too soon. As such, my speculation here is a rough sketch and well open to further parsing with others.

Maybe you can tell him he can take it on his porch...he can still fire off shotgun warnings from time to time because protecting your land is an ongoing task. He can still drink some moonshine but...
He can take the test from a distance with his shotgun! Two bangs for "damn skippy, #8 describes me", and one for "horsefeathers!" Or maybe if he has really good aim, he can shoot out the bubbles on a scantron MBTI form. Yessss. #MovieIdeas

6w5 is a volatile point... but due to idk...some of the stereotypes and misconceptions we have as it pertains to Ni>Fe (probably like Fe "contaminated" by maybe the social instinct and church potlucks..) it's more than common that Ni>Fe gets mistyped as Ne>Fi here.
I don't really follow all of this. Do you mean to say that Ni/Fe 6w5s specifically are at risk for being mistyped as Ne/Fi, or that Ni/Fe and Ne/Fi are mixed up often no matter what the enneagram type?

If this individual seems ENFP and cantankerous...I would very much bet he is INFJ
Sounds more like him.

If the individual seems ENFP and is charming x 1000000000000000000000000000000, engaging, inspiring (appears to have some form of positive outlook and is quite brilliant) and then out of fuckin nowhere this happens
[KERSPLODE]
that would be an ENFJ (edit: okay should probably type that eNFJ to be accurate.)
Nope, he couldn't be less like this.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always had my suspicions ENFP was rarer than INFP because the "stereotypical" INFP (the quiet, cutesy, artsy emo chick who writes and wears fancy clothing) is relatively even in distribution, while "extroverted" equivalents of this personality seemed more rare.

But since this opinion is completely anecdotal and hypothetical, you'd best disregard it.

Lots of those chicks are the other IxFx types. Many young ISFJs may fit that even.

I dont know if ENFP males are "rare", but I come across them far less than the female variety (which I come across rather frequently). I actually come across NFJ males way more than NFP males, for whatever reason.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Yeah male ENFPs seem to be rare. From the top of my hat I can only remember two ENFPs. I guessed their type correctly from a mile away and asked them to do the MBTI test. They got ENFP.

Oh, there is another ENFP I know. A relation. I haven't given him the test but I am certain he is an ENFP.

I don't know whether ENFP females are more common because I can't remember meeting many ENFP females either. I met one recently, guessed her type and asked her to take the test (it was amazing to see her taking the test cus she was multi tasking quite a lot) and yes she got ENFP.

There is something about ENFP females that attracts me but I know from common sense, STEREOTYPING and from knowing myelf that they I would be a terrible match for one.

- - - - -

*Remembers the ENFP girl who broke me into pieces and feels shitty about it again*

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Male ENFP's are not that rare, in fact, ENFP's are probably around even in males and females. I think determining whether a person is manly or not is more based on enneagram and less on mbti type. Example: type 2 , type 4 and type 9 are the most feminine types, but once you go to 7,8, and 3, you are more manly. An ENFP 8w7-7w8-3w5 sp/sx is probably the most manly you can get and a 2w6-6w4-9w7 so/sx is probably one of the most feminine tritypes I can think of. Something like 7w2-8w6-4w3 sx/so would be somewhere in the middle. An ENTP can be just as feminine as an ENFP if he or she is a leading 4 with 2,6, or 9 in The rest of his or her tritype.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find it hard to meet intuitive types in real life in general. It seems like most of them hide in a nutshell of the internet, or in a cells of social norms.
By what I am able to spot, I believe my classmate is an ENFP guy, it's always amazing and rare to meet another NFP.

MattL

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't know but ENFP's are extremely common in my area. Especially the males :p