User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INFJ nuttery

MBTI
    yupp

Default INFJ nuttery

So I like most INFJs, I usually don't have a problem with them. But the one I'm living with, is driving me up the wall. I'm trying to understand why she can't call the internet people and find out why it's not turned off like they say they would. I need to understand why she thinks she can leave town and expect everything she's responsible for to magically happen. Maybe this isn't an INFJ thing but an unhealthy person thing. I wanted to leave town early, but then I realized I couldn't because their was still stuff that needed to be dealt with. So any INFJs or anyone who lives with one please shed some light on this for me. Because, I don't understand.The thing is she thinks shes so responsible and mature, but so many of her actions have said otherwise. So is it possible she really believes this? I mean I don't claim to be responsible or mature, but I don't go around claiming I am. Sorry.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Yeah, I don't claim to be all that responsible myself. If I was leaving town without getting things shut off, etc it would be because I was feeling terribly overwhelmed by all the details of leaving town and didn't feel I could face it. Or maybe she's from a family that has normally taken care of all that stuff for her or a family that just leaves town and hopes the crap doesn't catch up with them. Soci-eco backgrounds make a pretty big difference in the way these things are handled if they are handled at all.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    yupp

Yeah her mom tends to take over most things like this. So I think it's because she's never had to deal with anything herself, and always had her mom to fall back on. Maybe she expects me to be the same way, but I'm not. I am not her mother.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Yeah her mom tends to take over most things like this. So I think it's because she's never had to deal with anything herself, and always had her mom to fall back on. Maybe she expects me to be the same way, but I'm not. I am not her mother.
    No, I wouldn't do it. It's not your responsibility.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

My INFJ is probably the most responsible person I have ever known. She makes neurotic lists of things to get done in a day and usually completes them all (I help her too).

Her nuttiness is reserved for scatterbrained moments where she walks into doors and trips on things, and she always loses her glasses, but I love that shit. It's cute.

Sounds like yours is kinda spoiled. You should glue everything in her bedroom to the floor/dresser/table/nightstand.

That'll learn her.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    My INFJ is probably the most responsible person I have ever known. She makes neurotic lists of things to get done in a day and usually completes them all (I help her too).

Her nuttiness is reserved for scatterbrained moments where she walks into doors and trips on things, and she always loses her glasses, but I love that shit. It's cute.

Sounds like yours is kinda spoiled. You should glue everything in her bedroom to the floor/dresser/table/nightstand.

That'll learn her.
    I can see her becoming like this, and she is good at getting things done. But when something doesn't happen how she thinks it should she tends to bail out. Which is fine in some situations, but in others then what needs to be done doesn't get done. She quit her job because one instance of she didn't get hours she liked. I'm like wow that's stupid to quit your job over. And she could have worked those hours, as she didn't have anything else she had to do. I thought she should have at least talked to the manager and tried to work something out, instead of just quitting. The reason why she didn't talk to her manager was because she didn't like the manager. Then she proceeded to complain about not having an income

I could not be getting the whole story, which is possible. Just like you guys are only getting my side.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    :steam:
    people like this grind my gears. Tell 'em where to stick it.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    :steam:
    people like this grind my gears. Tell 'em where to stick it.
    My room mate is actually really cool otherwise.

trust me if she had no redeeming qualities I would have packed my stuff, found a new place to live and tell her bye and left her with all the rent and bills. I would have had the electric switched to her name.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    intp

Better you than me. It's fine to be an overgrown infant, but where she tries to foist the mammy role on other people besides her facilitating mom . . .
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Better you than me.
    the thing is you're only getting one side of her, and it's not her best side.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all