User Tag List

First 123

Thread: INFJ nuttery

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    I dunno. I try to stay on top of little details like that but it's not my strong suit. Sometimes I pay bills late, or forget to make calls, etc. I can sometimes get so caught up in other things that seem important and in my own little mental world that concrete details shrink to a point of little seeming relevance and occasionally paying extra charges for something seems a better alternative than focusing on a situation and dealing with it.

Yes, this is irresponsible, but I don't think it makes me (or her) worthless. Give us abstracted folk a chance or leave us be and find yourself an SJ.
    I never said this made her worthless. I'm just fed up.

Don't get me wrong that's the one thing I love being abstract and living in my own reality. But at the same time I realize I have responsibilities in this reality that I need to take care of. It's like I can pay attention to detail and the real world if need be, but I prefer not to.

I don't if it's how I was raised because my brother is the same way. But when people say they're gonna do something I sort of expect it to be done in a timely manner. Just like if I say I'm gonna do something and then don't I expect to be held responsible for any problems my flakiness causes, even if I just forgot.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post

Don't get me wrong that's the one thing I love being abstract and living in my own reality. But at the same time I realize I have responsibilities in this reality that I need to take care of. It's like I can pay attention to detail and the real world if need be, but I prefer not to.

I don't if it's how I was raised because my brother is the same way. But when people say they're gonna do something I sort of expect it to be done in a timely manner. Just like if I say I'm gonna do something and then don't I expect to be held responsible for any problems my flakiness causes, even if I just forgot.
    You are exactly right in this. She flaked on you and she's accountable for it, INFJ or not. I'd be fed up too.

This is exactly why in small doses Te is very useful.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post

You are right. This is no doubt a maturity issue. I didn't mean to excuse irresponsible behavior on the part of INFJs (or any one else), just explain it a little.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    INFJ

Off topic, but it caught my eye...

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    Her nuttiness is reserved for scatterbrained moments where she walks into doors and trips on things, and she always loses her glasses, but I love that shit. It's cute.
    Heh. I don't think a day passes when I don't walk into a door or trip over something.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    Off topic, but it caught my eye...

Heh. I don't think a day passes when I don't walk into a door or trip over something.
    don't apologize, I'm pretty much done with this thread. Feel free to take in any direction you'd like. Also walking into doors and tripping over thing, I don't think is just an INFJ thing, unless I've been mistyped.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP

Wrong thread.