User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: INFJ nuttery

MBTI
    intp

You feeling guilty or something?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    You feeling guilty or something?
    No. It's just I know her, you don't. You know a negative side of her, and everyone has a negative side.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    No. It's just I know her, you don't. You know a negative side of her, and everyone has a negative side.
    Speak for yourself
    Now where's my angel avatar?

The story just recalled memories of a person who was like that. I hate the trait not your roommate. I neither know nor care about her.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Speak for yourself
    Now where's my angel avatar?

The story just recalled memories of a person who was like that. I hate the trait not your roommate. I neither know nor care about her.
    O ok, sorry. I thought you were hating on her. Yeah I hate that trait aswell. I got you. Sorry.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

violaine

Is she stressed out about something or over-perfectionistic in general? Sometimes either one of those will make an INFJ abandon the things that need taking care of. If you can talk to her about it (as in, this is your responsibility please take care of it) I imagine it would rouse her out of her fogginess.

If this is her first time out of home she made need some education in the ways of common-sense room mate behavior too. But it should all take, I would think!

MBTI
    yupp

Yeah she is a perfectionist to the core so maybe that's why. No she's not new to the whole room mate thing, either, so I think she knows some etiquette. Though we lived on campus last year together, and we didn't really have bills or had to deal with cable ourselves. I'm a crappy room mate. I'm messy. I try not to be, but it's so hard for me cuz messes don't bother me. I mean as long as there not gross, I need to be more conscientus of things like this then I am.

I was thinking about what cafe said and being overwhelmed. I can relate, because when I think about it. When I get overwhelm I tend to want to bail as well.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Yeah she is a perfectionist to the core so maybe that's why. No she's not new to the whole room mate thing, either, so I think she knows some etiquette. Though we lived on campus last year together, and we didn't really have bills or had to deal with cable ourselves. I'm a crappy room mate. I'm messy. I try not to be, but it's so hard for me cuz messes don't bother me. I mean as long as there not gross, I need to be more conscientus of things like this then I am.

I was thinking about what cafe said and being overwhelmed. I can relate, because when I think about it. When I get overwhelm I tend to want to bail as well.
    What you've described in the OP is definitely one of my less redeeming traits, though I have yet to actually leave things hanging off the hook to the point of it being a true detriment. Dealing with things like that is just really hard. I don't know why, because when I do it, it's a piece of cake, I guess I work it up in my mind to be harder than it is. The point is it's difficult to get motivation and confidence to deal with the regular parts of real life, and it feels better to "think about it later" (which as we all know, "later" isn't intended to come).

As someone else has said, making lists helps. (Bless the mighty dry erase boards and lists!!) So does talking about what has to be done with someone else. Or just saying it out loud. A lot of my planning is done out loud to myself with me pacing around the room, reciting what I need to do in the order I will do it and about the time I need to do it. It's as if saying it or writing it makes it real for me and no longer something logged away in my head.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

heart on fire

I rely on lists and reminding to handle my INFJ. Even if he repeats what I've said, it's no guarentee he heard or will remember. My Te gets overloaded with memory and lists for both of us!

MBTI
    yupp

I've dealt with my end of internet and tv so I'm through. The cable did get shut off but for whatever reason the internet didn't. I called them, but it turns out I can't do anything as the account is not in my name. I believe she called and told them to turn internet off, but for whatever reason that didn't happen. I told her she needs to call and get this straightened out and find out why. Maybe their was miscommunication or something. Though honestly if I was her before leaving town I would have been like I'm leaving this day I need everything shut off by then. actually give a couple days before leaving incase it doesn't get turned off and call again and find out what's going on.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ

I dunno. I try to stay on top of little details like that but it's not my strong suit. Sometimes I pay bills late, or forget to make calls, etc. I can sometimes get so caught up in other things that seem important and in my own little mental world that concrete details shrink to a point of little seeming relevance and occasionally paying extra charges for something seems a better alternative than focusing on a situation and dealing with it.

Yes, this is irresponsible, but I don't think it makes me (or her) worthless. Give us abstracted folk a chance or leave us be and find yourself an SJ.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor