• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Fictional NFs

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anne of Green Gables - iNFP

Jane Eyre - INFJ (Mr. Rochester ENTJ)

Last edited:

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
Hmmm...well, since we're stereotyping, anyway, I would have no shame in classifying the male EFJ as a very...special little boy! :static:

I thought Amelie was more INFJ.

That kid in The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl is an INFP, though.

Other NFs:

Edward Scissorhands, Edward Scissorhands - INFP

Edward Bloom, Big Fish - ENFP

Edward D. Wood, Jr., Ed Wood - ENFP (Not fictional, but a movie character)

Lydia, Beetlejuice - INFP

King Kong, King Kong - ENFP

The Kid Who Sees Dead People, The Sixth Sense - INFJ

Frankenstein's Monster, Frankenstein - ENFP

Sue Storm, Fantastic Four - ENFJ

Forrest Gump, Forrest Gump - ENFP

Peter Pan, Peter Pan - ENFP

Bastian, The Neverending Story - INFP

Christina Ricci's character, Casper - INFJ

Casper the Friendly Ghost, Casper - ENFP

The Phantom, The Phantom of the Opera - INFP

Grandfather, Prey (video game) - INFJ

Jen, Prey (video game) - INFJ

The Silver Surfer, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - INFP

It's really nice to see some movies/characters that I've actually seen listed somewhere. I was really starting to feel like an alien.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
book - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Elizabeth - INFJ
movie - Uptown Girls Molly Gunn (portrayed by Brittany Murphy) - ENFP
movie/play - A Raisin In The Sun Walter Lee Younger (played by Sidney Poitier) - ENFJ
book - Mansfield Park by Jane Austen Fanny Price - INFP
movie - Amelie Amelie - INFP

As an INFJ, I never typed Elizabeth as one of us. I think she's more E than I. While she does only have a few real confidants, she takes a lot of pleasure in social interactions and is much more comfortable navigating society and teasing people than any INFJ I've met. I would guess ENFP.

I agree with the person who suggested INFJ rather than INFP for Amelie. Also, though I don't care for the character, I see Fanny Price as an INFJ.

Anne of Green Gables - iNFP

Jane Eyre - INFJ (Mr. Rochester ENTJ)

Spot on, I'd say.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
To the person who typed Frankenstein’s monster, King Kong and Ed Wood ENFPs: nice job. Some of the most original I’ve seen on here. I can’t come up with any that original myself at the moment – but I promise, no Star Wars characters.

Neo (The Matrix) INFP
Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) ENFJ
Johnny Smith (The Dead Zone by Stephen King, novel & TV series) INFP
Mulder (X-Files) INFP
Desmond (Lost) INFP
Faraday (Lost) INFP
Mr. Eko (Lost) INFJ
Jules (Samuel Jackson, Pulp Fiction) ENFJ
Carrie Bradshaw (Sex and the City) ENFP
Sam (Life on Mars) ENFP – I lost interest in this show, but the main characters seemed pretty easy to type

Last edited:

heart

heart on fire
Why do people think Carrie Bradshaw is N? Her whole focus is the sense world connected with emotion. She's not really abstract. jmo. Like an extraverted Anais Nin.

R

Riva

i thought Mulder from the x-files is a INTP. isnt he?
maybe he is a INFP, but the thing is i have only met 1 INFP in my life. and she is a girl.(pretty too)

heart

heart on fire
Jane Eyre INFP (in the book she's totally INFP) Read this and then think about her character strictly from the book, not from the movies. One has to see her inner dialogue to see it.

Sinjin (from Jane Eyre) INFJ

Anne of Green Gables ENFP

Marie (Marie, not Maria----from the Horatio Hornblower novels) INFP

Catherine (Wuthering Heights) ENFJ

David Poweltt-Jones (from To Serve Them All My Days) INFJ

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Why do people think Carrie Bradshaw is N? Her whole focus is the sense world connected with emotion. She's not really abstract. jmo. Like an extraverted Anais Nin.

Agreed.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Good Will Hunting: Robin William's character, and Matt Damon's character both ENFP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Calvin is ENFP. he's very expressive about his ideas and everything he does in hilarious. dominant Ne to the core. charming, funny, imaginative, incredibly intelligent and constantly asking questions. Luke I can see as an INFP but Harry Potter has SP written all over him. If an INFP suddenly jumped on a griffin they'd be like WTF?! Lisa seems INFJ. INFJs are the most logical of the NF types and can be confused with INTJs because they have a strong love of learning and are much more likely to enjoy science related fields than other NF types. I'm borderline E/I so I can switch sometimes and leading with Fi feels COMPLETELY different. in Fi mode, I'm much more sensitive and tend to feel drained by school and just want to go off into my own little world. In Ne mode I'm funny and wacky and I don't give a f@#% what anyone thinks.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good Will Hunting: Robin William's character, and Matt Damon's character both ENFP.

totally think robin williams character...you think matt damons though? hmmm...interesting. i'm not sure i do.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
totally think robin williams character...you think matt damons though? hmmm...interesting. i'm not sure i do.

He's a slightly troubled one, but the film centres around the similarity between the two characters. That is where the connection lies. Also Matt Damon's character is smart, but it doesn't present in a rational theorising manner. If anything he avoids it, and just wants to go about living.

He lacks many of the empathetic sides of an ENFP in the first half of the movie because it is repressed. But the way he approaches the world, is very ENFP. Even the style of cynicism. I actually wanted to type him ESFP, except for the psychological ascendancy in some scenes. He doesn't play an overconfidence card like some types, he actually has the upper hand and is a few steps ahead, in a more connected way than just being arrogant, smarter and knowing background stuff. And his mannerism of naturally falling into the sidekick role, valuing friendships over his intelligence, being socially playful but watching the scene as much as contributing to it. Many scenes he is happy to sit there and observe (he's still highly engaged though so not introverting). His thinking adaptability and speed on his feet and fluency is classic Ne dominant. And he's not an ENTP, because the bar scene would've been banter, and arguing, rather than levelling, he used facts but directed them personally, pretty much let the guy bury himself. There are many things in the film to type him F, it is just which F type. He almost has zero respect for the whole T scene. And throughout the movie, apart from being troubled and arrogant, he has pretty strong core values driving interaction. He obviously doesn't like hierarchy or psychologists, and is frustrated and uncomfortable with being locked into love, but otherwise..

YouTube - [Great Movie Scenes] Good Will Hunting - NSA
There is no care at all for the thinking glory or technical side in this scene for example. He basically kills his own dreams by seeing consequences, and avoiding damage.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmmm...interesting points. now i want to rewatch it....i can kinda see that, yep.
his "people" are very important to him too right?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
hmmm...interesting points. now i want to rewatch it....i can kinda see that, yep.
his "people" are very important to him too right?

Yeh, INTJ was my other option. But he engages more like an ENFP. Has that unimposing, laid back approach, except when really threatened. And in the end after all the counseling the most important thing he did in the movie was follow his heart, not put his intelligence to good use :).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i might be convinced. :D
and i really feel like watching it now.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
i might be convinced. :D
and i really feel like watching it now.

Same I haven't seen it for a while. But remember I loved it last time I saw it. Robbin Williams is definitely ENFP in it and a healthy one :).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what do you think the girl characters type was? minnie driver..