User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: Fictional NFs

Good Will Hunting: Robin William's character, and Matt Damon's character both ENFP.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I think Calvin is ENFP. he's very expressive about his ideas and everything he does in hilarious. dominant Ne to the core. charming, funny, imaginative, incredibly intelligent and constantly asking questions. Luke I can see as an INFP but Harry Potter has SP written all over him. If an INFP suddenly jumped on a griffin they'd be like WTF?! Lisa seems INFJ. INFJs are the most logical of the NF types and can be confused with INTJs because they have a strong love of learning and are much more likely to enjoy science related fields than other NF types. I'm borderline E/I so I can switch sometimes and leading with Fi feels COMPLETELY different. in Fi mode, I'm much more sensitive and tend to feel drained by school and just want to go off into my own little world. In Ne mode I'm funny and wacky and I don't give a f@#% what anyone thinks.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Good Will Hunting: Robin William's character, and Matt Damon's character both ENFP.
    totally think robin williams character...you think matt damons though? hmmm...interesting. i'm not sure i do.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

The Little Mermaid is ENFP
    Calvin: INFP
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    totally think robin williams character...you think matt damons though? hmmm...interesting. i'm not sure i do.
    He's a slightly troubled one, but the film centres around the similarity between the two characters. That is where the connection lies. Also Matt Damon's character is smart, but it doesn't present in a rational theorising manner. If anything he avoids it, and just wants to go about living.

He lacks many of the empathetic sides of an ENFP in the first half of the movie because it is repressed. But the way he approaches the world, is very ENFP. Even the style of cynicism. I actually wanted to type him ESFP, except for the psychological ascendancy in some scenes. He doesn't play an overconfidence card like some types, he actually has the upper hand and is a few steps ahead, in a more connected way than just being arrogant, smarter and knowing background stuff. And his mannerism of naturally falling into the sidekick role, valuing friendships over his intelligence, being socially playful but watching the scene as much as contributing to it. Many scenes he is happy to sit there and observe (he's still highly engaged though so not introverting). His thinking adaptability and speed on his feet and fluency is classic Ne dominant. And he's not an ENTP, because the bar scene would've been banter, and arguing, rather than levelling, he used facts but directed them personally, pretty much let the guy bury himself. There are many things in the film to type him F, it is just which F type. He almost has zero respect for the whole T scene. And throughout the movie, apart from being troubled and arrogant, he has pretty strong core values driving interaction. He obviously doesn't like hierarchy or psychologists, and is frustrated and uncomfortable with being locked into love, but otherwise..

YouTube - [Great Movie Scenes] Good Will Hunting - NSA
    There is no care at all for the thinking glory or technical side in this scene for example. He basically kills his own dreams by seeing consequences, and avoiding damage.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmmm...interesting points. now i want to rewatch it....i can kinda see that, yep.
    his "people" are very important to him too right?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

hmmm...interesting points. now i want to rewatch it....i can kinda see that, yep.
    his "people" are very important to him too right?
    Yeh, INTJ was my other option. But he engages more like an ENFP. Has that unimposing, laid back approach, except when really threatened. And in the end after all the counseling the most important thing he did in the movie was follow his heart, not put his intelligence to good use .

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i might be convinced.
    and i really feel like watching it now.
    -Jim Morrison

i might be convinced.
    and i really feel like watching it now.
    Same I haven't seen it for a while. But remember I loved it last time I saw it. Robbin Williams is definitely ENFP in it and a healthy one .

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

what do you think the girl characters type was? minnie driver..
    -Jim Morrison