Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think good iNtuitives have a clear sense of what is "real" and what is "imaginary," even if the imaginary reverberates within them so strongly. Usually I see S's having a harder time living in both worlds at once; everything is made concrete somehow, so either they stick with the tangible and reject the imaginary, or they believe in something imaginary by believing it's real.
    I think a teenage Sensor is also more likely to pay attention to and believe high school rumors, no matter how real or unreal it may seem, although it's probably an Extraverted Intuitive who starts the rumors.

Although I think an Introvert with an N preference would seem gullible until they've gotten a chance to think about it.

MBTI
    INFP

I still maintain Calvin is a introvert, though certainly not an extreme one:

1) The strips are held essentially in his inner world. It is essential to the comedy that his idea of what is going on and the rest of the worlds do not match up. Spaceman Spiff, the transmorgfier, turning into dinosaurs, Hobbes hiding under his desk to give him answers to test questions and doing his home work, all are apart of his inner world which no one else is privy too nor understands when they run into it.

2) Most all interactions with others are negative, interpreted through his inner world or both.

3) He is NEVER in a group, much less the center of attention of one, unless forced to be, such as in show and tell (where he basically puts on a act).

4) When he is noisey, he is usually alone, with hobbes in toruble or acting through one of his inner realites, repsonding to a inner-stimulus.

Thus I am certain the kid is a introvert.

Luke Skywalker. Not a intuitive.

1) He has to be shown things to believe them.
    2) Obiwon has to explain "Point of view" to him, something INFPs are acutely consciouss of naturally, often to a fault.
    3) The force, while he is strong in it, does not actually come easily to him. He has lots of trouble with the theory.
    4) He has to learn to slow down and reflect on things. INFPs have to learn to act, and stop reflecting on things so much.

Harry Potter: Again not an iNtuitive.

1) He is practical and action oriented.
    2) His feelings are centerd on praticular people first and formost. He doesn't think about saving the world, or even the school when he gets in adventures but to save praticular people from praticular threats at praticular times.
    3) He NEVER thinks things more then a step or two through before acting and depend on any intutives around him, praticulary Hermione (a INTJ if there ever was one) to hold him back if things simply are not going to work.
    4) He learns by doing.

Lisa: What Jennifer said.
    Anikin: on reconsideration what Jennifer said too.
    Rob

"And if you hear vague traces of skipping reels of rhyme,
    To your tambourine in time.
    It's just a ragged clown behind,
    I wouldn't pay it any mind,
    It's just a shadow you're seeing that he's chasing."

-From "Mr. Tambourine Man"
    by Bob Dylan

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Interesting, although I would expect kids to engage in creative play. I still don't think an ESFP would have daydreams as vivid or as fantasy-oriented as Calvin's.

I would suspect that an ESFP would more likely play Power Rangers, Pokemon, or whatever Japanese cartoon kids enjoy these days with other children. They'd probably pretend their playmate represents something else, but I don't think that the image in their minds are as strong.

Hence, I can actually easily see an Intuitive being more realistic by saying, "That's not a Pokemon (give me a break, I never watched the things that kids watch), that's a [whatever the real object is]."

I think Intuitive play would more likely revolve around games that don't involve manipulation of things in their environment, simply because they don't need them -- they have strong fantasy lives to keep them company. So regardless of E or I, I still think the Intuitive child will more likely play alone because they have strong imaginations (imaginary companions) to keep them company.

So I think it is an N child who will be perceived by parents as lacking desire to engage in imaginative play with other children.
    First, when children are aged 2 - 6 they display only 2 functions. There are only four types at this age. They are: IP, IJ, EP, and EJ.

When children are aged 7 through 12 they display three of their four functions. For the missing function, the child alternates (f/t or s/n). At this age there are 8 types.

They are:

IFP
    ITP
    INJ
    ISJ
    ESP
    ENP
    EFJ
    ETJ

After the age of 13 all four functions are evident.
    People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children.
    Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
    US cartoonist (1958 - )

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Indigo, I'm inclined to agree, but whom or what is that according to?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by macjoven View Post
    I still maintain Calvin is a introvert, though certainly not an extreme one:

1) The strips are held essentially in his inner world. It is essential to the comedy that his idea of what is going on and the rest of the worlds do not match up. Spaceman Spiff, the transmorgfier, turning into dinosaurs, Hobbes hiding under his desk to give him answers to test questions and doing his home work, all are apart of his inner world which no one else is privy too nor understands when they run into it.

2) Most all interactions with others are negative, interpreted through his inner world or both.

3) He is NEVER in a group, much less the center of attention of one, unless forced to be, such as in show and tell (where he basically puts on a act).

4) When he is noisey, he is usually alone, with hobbes in toruble or acting through one of his inner realites, repsonding to a inner-stimulus.

Thus I am certain the kid is a introvert.
    Calvin's imaginary friends are his Intuitive function, not introverted.

The difference between Extraversion and Introversion is not about how many friends you have, it's about energy expenditure (E) or energy conservation (I).

I'm starting to believe that a desire for friendships with real people is specifically related to ESxP or ExFJ types, since it's seeking enjoyment in the real world without a strong idealization.

An Extraverted Intuitive might not have as much interest in making real friends because their strong imaginations are able keep them company.

Calvin is clearly focused on experiencing the external world via Extraversion, but an idealized external world conceived in his Intuitive mindset.

One thing I noticed about ENxPs is that while they do talk a lot and are very energetic, they often just enjoy listening to themselves talk about their own conceptions and are often unaware of the concrete rules of socializing.

In their interactions with other people or things, ENxPs idealize their surroundings and are unhappy with the current way of things, so while they're Extraverted, their Intuitive function doesn't seek to enjoy, but rather to conceive. In fact, Extraverted Intuition's tendency to idealize everything, including people, could actually isolate the Ne type.

An ENFP will also seek deep connections with others due to their auxiliary Fi function, but since they are Ne types, those deep connections could possibly be with imaginary playmates (in Calvin's case, Hobbes).

I don't think that Calvin is an INFP. A dominant Fi child would probably be much more loyal and much less energetic. An INFP may have imaginary playmates because of their auxiliary Ne, but interactions would probably be at a much quieter level, maybe not interacting with them through acting out, but through writing.

And now I had a new thought. I think an INFP might actually be better at friendships than the ENFP. Their Fi is developed first, and so will seek a deep connection with someone else at an early age, they have the desire to bond with someone first, but when Ne is developed, they might perhaps engage in creative storytelling together.

But the key is that Extraversion isn't about friendships per se, but about direction. One can be extremely gregarious and exuberant in the world, but not necessarily with the intention of making friends.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Does anyone think Millhouse in The Simpsons is an INFP?

I don't know, but he tends to be really fantasy-oriented and dreamy.

Though I typed him as an Enneagram 6w7.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Does anyone think Millhouse in The Simpsons is an INFP?
    I typed him as near-sighted.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    1w2

If anyone has seen these movies I think Evelyn from The Shape of Things is an ENF and also Tessa from The Constant Gardener. Generally I think Rachel Weisz is an ENF. I can't tell J/P.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Only saw Rachel Weisz in The Mummy movies and Constantine. She seemed INFJ in those.

Although they are usually lame anyway, why do all the Oscar movies also have the lamest titles?

Stan in South Park seems to be an ENFJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

in Forces of Nature, Sandra Bullock's character was certainly ENFP.

So is Lauren Graham's Gilmore Girls character.

I am certain these two are also ENFXs themselves. (They have both attested to how similar they are to these characters they have portrayed.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis