User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hug received. Thanks all.
    "The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd."
    - Bernard Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nico_D View Post
    Hug received. Thanks all.
    You're not alone, alone is an illusion.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Is there any other kind?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Why be Miserable? March under the Rainbow as dark clouds roll ahead, until you find your Pot of Gold!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Cosm View Post
    Why be Miserable? March under the Rainbow as dark clouds roll ahead, until you find your Pot of Gold!
    But how can I see the rainbow if there's dark clouds?
    "The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd."
    - Bernard Russell

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nico_D View Post
    But how can I see the rainbow if there's dark clouds?
    Why, dark clouds pass, of course! In the glorious dance of sun and downpour we find rainbows.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

I think we have miserable people of all types here.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes Ghost, chubber liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Okay, so, there's this thing I do when I feel depression or anxiety creeping up on me. Particularly in social arenas, I've found my imagination (that darn abstract Ni), can be my best friend or worst enemy. So I thought maybe I'd just walk you through what I do, what works for me, hopefully it works for you too.

Some times the best way to get yourself out of the existential crisis & the OCD like loop of the worst case scenario is to just use that powerful introverted intuition to live out that worst case scenario in your mind. Just take a moment & imagine all of your fears related to facing life long loneliness & isolation & rejection just feel how incredibly painful it will be.

Just take a deep breath & go there for a few seconds.

Now, INFJs experience the things that they can imagine as intensely as they experience the real physical world. This is our curse & our gift.

Now if you did that emotional visualization, then you just lived through your fears, you just faced them. Now let's engage your rationale mind here, not just the intuitive one, if you don't overcome this fear then it will be the reality. If you don't reach out & make an effort, you won't make friends. If you reject those who reach out to you, preemptively because you fear them possibly hurting you, you will be alone.

But the good news is that you have time, and you have a brain that is hard wired to come up with possibilities & creative solutions.

When that opportunity to go to that event or to reach out to that potential new friend arises but with it arises the fear, don't shut down & retreat. Face it, use your minds eye to live out the worst case scenario that is holding you back, live through it, then go out to find that while reality is frequently not as lovely as you some times imagine it, it's also not as dismal or terrifying either.

And know that already, you've made a connection with people who care enough to listen & respond & your voice has been heard.
    Likes jimmypivo liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Valid points. Actually I go naturally there facing (or living) the worst case scenarios but the problem is I can't get past it. Or at least it takes a hell of a lot of time and effort.

Meeting new people and considering if we'd be suited as friends usually ends too fast to the feeling that no, this will not eventually work. He's got that habit, I've got this and few years down the line it will end in a disaster - or at least of me getting bored of one-sided relationships or feeling neglected or whatever.

But yes, you are correct on many accounts. Especially that you'll have to a leap of faith every now and then and while the reality might not be exactly what I want, it's something. Beats being alone.

Thanks!
    - Bernard Russell

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    They thought you were an evil mastermind? Did they not trust your Ni? lol
    Sorry, too some time answering. I wasn't familiar with the functions so I had to do some reading.

You managed to show me a part of my foolishness. I seem to fall in the trap of thinking people see me as clearly as I see them. Maybe they don't.

But still, I'd say if they know me at all, they should at least know if I'm a good or a bad person and should be able to answer the question does their theory of my evilness suite what they know of me.

Sorry, that's some poorly written English there. It sucks but don't know how... Oh well.
    - Bernard Russell