User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp

Default Being Careful With Your Words...

hey guys and gals...

so sometimes i realize that i have to be very very careful with my words...

especially with people who might take it the wrong way...

mmm... u guys know what i mean?

dang, yeah what a random comment tho... lol

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post

So you're homophobic, is that it?

Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    enfp

^ hahahaha. actually i am kind of homophobic, but i mean, it doesn't affect my views on marriage. thats such a silly concept. i mean, does utah polygamists affect my view on marriage? wait... okay maybe they do, i'd love to have multiple wives... omg. i just need enough money... but not gay people... i mean, seriously. im happy if guys turn gay, means there's more women for me. hahahaha

but what i mean was... like today, i was telling my friend that i think she made her eyebrow line too long...cus it kind of extended too far from her eyebrow...and some people heard me say that and they looked horrified. kind of lke that "omg, how can u say that???" wtf? haha

but dood, she tells me all the time my stomach sticks out, my eyebrows aren't symmetric all the time! LOL i don't care man. it actually helped me work out more and lose weight... she doesn't care either if i say things like that... some people are so sensitive!

MBTI
    ENTP

. . . . some people heard me say that and they looked horrified. kind of like that "omg, how can u say that???" wtf? haha
    I think that's the key... when you understand the sensibilities of the people around you, you'll censor yourself simply in an attempt to minimize misunderstandings and conflict. If you're even halfway emotionally sensitive, you probably have a good sense of this in most situations.

I have been known to say some pretty obnoxious things as jokes, but only amongst people I knew were capable of appreciating where I was coming from (i.e. they had to know me pretty well)...

But there's a related though different problem here... some people will misread you no matter how how much, and to whatever extent, you attempt to make your words and feelings transparent... that's just bad luck and, just as with self-censorship, you have to acknowledge that x and y persons are like that and avoid speaking about certain things in front of them, unless you're ready to battle.

A great example of this was the backlash Bill Cosby suffered after having criticized elements of contemporary black culture and the mis-education of black youth.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    But there's a related though different problem here... some people will misread you no matter how how much, and to whatever extent, you attempt to make your words and feelings transparent... that's just bad luck and, just as with self-censorship, you have to acknowledge that x and y persons are like that and avoid speaking about certain things in front of them, unless you're ready to battle.
    yeah i think u are right.

i think those people who are like that, i always attribute it to some emotional damage they had in the past. i'll say that sometimes too... like "don't confuse me with the person who did that to u to make u think that!" LOL

that actually works, once they had some time to think about it... i wonder what they are thinking at that moment tho... shock? or confusion? oh wells...

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

^ hahahaha. actually i am kind of homophobic, but i mean, it doesn't affect my views on marriage. thats such a silly concept. i mean, does utah polygamists affect my view on marriage? wait... okay maybe they do, i'd love to have multiple wives... omg. i just need enough money... but not gay people... i mean, seriously. im happy if guys turn gay, means there's more women for me. hahahaha

but what i mean was... like today, i was telling my friend that i think she made her eyebrow line too long...cus it kind of extended too far from her eyebrow...and some people heard me say that and they looked horrified. kind of lke that "omg, how can u say that???" wtf? haha

but dood, she tells me all the time my stomach sticks out, my eyebrows aren't symmetric all the time! LOL i don't care man. it actually helped me work out more and lose weight... she doesn't care either if i say things like that... some people are so sensitive!
    i know what you mean.... i a lot of times don't pay attention to my words.... i like being spontaneous and out of the confined.... but it seems like people can't catch up with my thoughts..... especially my ENFJ friends, she keeps castigating my being not selective with words because it's inconsiderate *_*
    sometimes i tell jokes, but people just take 'em the wrong way, serious way... i mean just "sometimes", not that often though
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Maybe if you hadn't stood on top of that table in the middle of that crowded Starbucks and yelled it as loud as you could while throwing your banana mango frappacino in her face, while screaming that the "mutants must die!", she wouldn't have taken it so poorly.

EDIT: I meant to say, "Context is everything!"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Hahaha. I do that too. It's nearly uncontrollable once I'm on a roll. And, you know, I'm not trying to be insensitive, but I do value being real... and I tend to talk a lot... sooo yeah, it happens occasionally.

I like to toss out the words and then fix them when they are out there! And, I encourage others to do the same.

Example.

Non-ENFP: "I don't know what I mean... I don't have the words..."
    Me-ENFP!: "Just start talking and I'll fix what you mean. And if I still don't understand, I'll ask questions."

Usually works to our benefit.

MBTI
    INTJ

hey guys and gals...

so sometimes i realize that i have to be very very careful with my words...

dang, yeah what a random comment tho... lol
    I agree with you.
    Being careful with your words is important,
    and not just the quality,
    but the quantity, too, sometimes.

I admire people who are careful with their words.

MBTI
    FiSi

Ha-ha, I know certain people who utter practically everything that pops into their minds. In my opinion it's mainly entertaining, but oversensitive individuals tend to take it the wrong way... (Sense of humour, anyone?)

I, though, always think before I do or say anything. Introversion. It's also very important for me to help others feel good, so I'm naturally careful with my words. I don't mean that I tell white lies or flatter or am dishonest in some other way, that's something I definitely don't do, but things really can be told in several, different, more-comfortable-to-the-listeners ways. (And, of course, sometimes it's better not to say anything. )