User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Toonia
    In reviewing the thread, it's worth noting for readers in general that you would be hard-pressed to find a truly Ni dominant (INFJ or INTJ) person who is content with snap decisions. Both types are extremely analytical and spend a lot of time re-analyzing their internal system of iNtuition. This is the way in which this function is honed. It isn't magic. It is a cognitive process that creates an internal system based on possibilities and the unseen. It requires depth to be able to reach reasonable hunches. A person who just feels or think they are right because that suits them is neither informed, enlightened, nor are they using Ni. The problem in the worst of such cases is that they aren't using any cognitive functions.
    Are you replying or commenting on someones post here or just giving some information? You seem to be attempting to negate something someone else said. In reviewing this thread however I've no idea where any of this applies to the conversation but I could've missed it. Could you please specify?
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    where is a link to the cognitive processing test?

In reviewing the thread, it's worth noting for readers in general that you would be hard-pressed to find a truly Ni dominant (INFJ or INTJ) person who is content with snap decisions. Both types are extremely analytical and spend a lot of time re-analyzing their internal system of iNtuition. This is the way in which this function is honed. It isn't magic. It is a cognitive process that creates an internal system based on possibilities and the unseen. It requires depth to be able to reach reasonable hunches. A person who just feels or think they are right because that suits them is neither informed, enlightened, nor are they using Ni. The problem in the worst of such cases is that they aren't using any cognitive functions.
    My Ni can come up with a Detailed and Fantastic Life Plan in two minutes... but then I was consider my "after-thoughts of figuring out how to make teh scheme plausable" for probably weeks on end. I think I mentioned somewhere else that I daydream 95% of the time. By this i mean I try to flesh out plausible ways to make my Ni dreams possible. And lots of that time is examining the pros/cons/likelihood/other people's likely reactions/etc. I hadn't thought of the examination process as Ni. I always thought the initial crazy plan was Ni and... I don't know what I considered the rest of it as.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    Are you replying or commenting on someones post here or just giving some information? You seem to be attempting to negate something someone else said. In reviewing this thread however I've no idea where any of this applies to the conversation but I could've missed it. Could you please specify?
    I wasn't specific because it doesn't apply specifically. There is a tendency in online discussions for examination of Ni to evolve in certain directions. I was mostly just providing information on a "need to know basis" like a footnote. Sometimes statements can be vaguely relevant, if that makes any sense. There is even a remote possibility I got this mixed up with another thread. I have been dog tired lately. I thought something was said about snap judgments - which if using Ni aren't as quick and definite as some people might interpret.
    Last edited by labyrinthine; 10-28-2007 at 08:58 PM.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    where is a link to the cognitive processing test?

Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    INFJ

Here are some random questions for you ENFJs:

How do you read people's eyes? What can you tell about people based on how they look at you? Is it a silent way that someone tells you their life story?

What do you think about people who are introverted, yet wear vivid colors? Does this baffle you, give you insight, etc?

I've had an ENFJ stop after speaking to a group (that I was in) and look at me intently with her head tilted to the side. Another time, she did this and half smiled. Both times I was laughing at a joke she had made (as was the whole group). It was like she was taking a mental note of something...?

What do you think of people who have trouble making friends or seem nervous in social situations (but are nice to people who approach them and try to help when they see someone needs something)?

What traits/characteristics do you respect the most?

What "wins you over"?

What specifically sparks your curiosity?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLadybug View Post

How do you read people's eyes? What can you tell about people based on how they look at you? Is it a silent way that someone tells you their life story?
    I think this may be one of the only good (conscious) uses of Ni. Jaye is always telling me that I can sniff out a liar, that my hackles go up automatically when dealing with someone we can't trust (which of course makes me look difficult and cranky, but I can't help it!). I know when someone's shucking and jiving, and even if I don't catch on immediately, I *will* catch on.

I once met a perfectly nice guy, a friend of a friend, and we hit it off (as friends). I knew there was something amiss with him so I just sat there silently "reading" him. I felt this aura (for lack of a batter word) of violence on him, but not that *he* was violent. I wasn't afraid of him. I finally asked him what it was about, and he broke down, told me everything, said he had no intention of ever telling until I brought it up.

Can others not see the weight of time and violence/sadness in peoples' eyes? It's like old houses - they radiate the energy of the people who'd been there, building up over time.

What do you think about people who are introverted, yet wear vivid colors? Does this baffle you, give you insight, etc?
    A lot of introverts are a condensed flame. They shutter their body energy inside themselves until something prompts it to move outward. I think the subtle cues they give off are way more telling than the "announcements" they may make.

I've had an ENFJ stop after speaking to a group (that I was in) and look at me intently with her head tilted to the side. Another time, she did this and half smiled. Both times I was laughing at a joke she had made (as was the whole group). It was like she was taking a mental note of something...?
    Sounds like she likes ladybugs!

What do you think of people who have trouble making friends or seem nervous in social situations (but are nice to people who approach them and try to help when they see someone needs something)?
    I try to help smooth the way if I can, break the ice. We're all mortified by *something* so having a little hand at a weak point is certainly appreciated. Trouble is, I can be so intense and overpowering sometimes, I think I may frighten some Is. I'm working on that!

Respect, itself. Showing respect or good breeding, even when you're surrounded by philistines.

What "wins you over"?

Shiny objects!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I felt this aura (for lack of a batter word) of violence on him, but not that *he* was violent. I wasn't afraid of him. I finally asked him what it was about, and he broke down, told me everything, said he had no intention of ever telling until I brought it up.
    Do you mean that he had been a victim of/experienced violence and was showing sadness in his eyes as a result?

It's like old houses - they radiate the energy of the people who'd been there, building up over time.
    That's an excellent analogy! I never thought of it that way but that's exactly what it's like. You'd be amazed how many people are so oblivious to things like that.

Sounds like she likes ladybugs!
    Shiny objects!
    LOL You're too funny!

I try to help smooth the way if I can, break the ice. We're all mortified by *something* so having a little hand at a weak point is certainly appreciated. Trouble is, I can be so intense and overpowering sometimes, I think I may frighten some Is. I'm working on that!
    Good point. Don't worry, I'm sure they're not frightened once they get used to your style. At least, that's the case with me. Once I know how much intensity to expect from a person (how they operate), I go from to .

I love your answers and would be interested to hear from more ENFJs. This is fascinating!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

One of my friends is an ENFJ and I don't mean to be kind of negative, at all..but she's always asking me if I alright, and she can be a little nosy at times..and kind of pushy..which I don't mind too much, but sometimes, I feel sort of annoyed, but she's a good soul and I love her all the same.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFj

The eyes are a powerful thing, you can see into the soul of the other person, but I rather look at their whole body lenguage and facial expresions. You can see how a person feel in their life just by staring at a person's facial expresion when they are not trying to express something. For example I saw my aunt a few years ago and I saw that most of the time she looked sad eventhough she wasn't trying to express any emotions at the time when I was looking at her.

Silly, intorverts.

She was probably perplexed as to why you find her corny jokes funny.

The hardset thing for most people to do I guess its just "break the ice" but meeting new people to be your friends is really not what is important. I have a lot of acquaintances but I have just a few true friends. Its not how many friends you have that matters but the quality of their friendship to you, I learned that a while ago. Not everyone is worth being your friend and I even had to "drop" some friends, heck I even had to tell that to one of them that we could no longer be friends because of their values. I would say to not worry about actually trying to make friends per say, instead look for someone who is actually worth your friendship, a lot of people will always walk into your life.

Loyalty, is the single most important trait/characteristic that I look for in any type of relatinship. Than followed by trust, if you are not loyal and I cannot trust you, I am sorry we could never be friends.

What "wins you over"?
    This question is too broad, win me over in what sense?

When you are telling/showing me somehing I had never seen before and is entertaining or full of knowledge.

I think this may be one of the only good (conscious) uses of Ni. Jaye is always telling me that I can sniff out a liar, that my hackles go up automatically when dealing with someone we can't trust (which of course makes me look difficult and cranky, but I can't help it!). I know when someone's shucking and jiving, and even if I don't catch on immediately, I *will* catch on.

I once met a perfectly nice guy, a friend of a friend, and we hit it off (as friends). I knew there was something amiss with him so I just sat there silently "reading" him. I felt this aura (for lack of a batter word) of violence on him, but not that *he* was violent. I wasn't afraid of him. I finally asked him what it was about, and he broke down, told me everything, said he had no intention of ever telling until I brought it up.

Can others not see the weight of time and violence/sadness in peoples' eyes? It's like old houses - they radiate the energy of the people who'd been there, building up over time.
    I find myself reading other person's body lenguage to see what is up with them. Women are also 6 times better at reading body lenguage than men are so that is a clear advantege you have as well.

I love your answers and would be interested to hear from more ENFJs. This is fascinating!
    Look someone actually finds us fascinating. I feel like such a guinea pig.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    You can see how a person feel in their life just by staring at a person's facial expresion when they are not trying to express something.
    So true!

Silly, intorverts.
    Yep, we are quite silly...and we like it that way (at least I do)!

She was probably perplexed as to why you find her corny jokes funny.
    What can I say? I am easily amused...*pops bubblewrap*

This question is too broad, win me over in what sense?
    If you don't know a person very well and aren't sure what your opinion is of them yet, what is something they could do/say that would almost instantly make you think positively of or love them? Or if you are still keeping your guard up around someone, what is something they could do/say to automatically cause you to let your guard down?

Look someone actually finds us fascinating. I feel like such a guinea pig.
    You are indeed a guinea pig...*plots evil things* Muahahahahaha!