User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Ni followed closely by Fi. Fe was further down the list if I recall correctly.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

Enneagram
    1w2

I usually don't go by the cognitive processes test because the only thing it measures is how you answer the questions. Cognitive processes that I think I have the most conscious control over are Fe, Se, Ni, Fi.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I usually don't go by the cognitive processes test because the only thing it measures is how you answer the questions. Cognitive processes that I think I have the most conscious control over are Fe, Se, Ni, Fi.
    conscious control over Ni? Or conscious awareness?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFJ

Ni is my strongest followed by Fi and Ne which are only a tenth of a point from each other and then Fe.

I just thought that was weird and I'm wondering just how much the more developed Fi has to do with getting older...(I'm blaming all sorts of things on it)

Lookin4 stop copying me hehehe
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    INTP

What is the prerequisite of a measure?

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by littlelostnf
    I just thought that was weird and I'm wondering just how much the more developed Fi has to do with getting older...(I'm blaming all sorts of things on it)

Lookin4 stop copying me hehehe
    You want to know what's really weird? When I saw the test results one of my first thoughts was 'hmm it must be because I'm getting older because I'm not an INFJ.' PM has a point though as I may not have rated myself harshly enough though I tried to be as honest as possible. I am pretty sure both T functions came up as average use which is likely untrue.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    conscious control over Ni? Or conscious awareness?
    Maybe both? I know when I'm using Fe, Ni, Se, Ti, maybe not so much Fi so I'm taking that one back. I believe I have control over the direction those functions take, maybe not all the time, but I know hot to get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    What is the prerequisite of a measure?
    When I've asked friends to take the test they say it's so loaded with MBTI jargon that they didn't know how to answer the questions. By the time you actually understand what it's asking you, you know how to take the test so that you get the scores you want. I think it's hard to find good personality tests on the internet.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

where is a link to the cognitive processing test?

In reviewing the thread, it's worth noting for readers in general that you would be hard-pressed to find a truly Ni dominant (INFJ or INTJ) person who is content with snap decisions. Both types are extremely analytical and spend a lot of time re-analyzing their internal system of iNtuition. This is the way in which this function is honed. It isn't magic. It is a cognitive process that creates an internal system based on possibilities and the unseen. It requires depth to be able to reach reasonable hunches. A person who just feels or think they are right because that suits them is neither informed, enlightened, nor are they using Ni. The problem in the worst of such cases is that they aren't using any cognitive functions.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I've thought about this some more and while I have people I'm comfortable talking about my personal life with, I usually don't get the level of feedback I give to others when I talk about myself. It makes me reluctant to say anything because I try to listen and give solutions to any issues people are having and I want the same in return. I know I'm difficult to talk to if you want me to talk about myself which is why I don't like to do it.

It's not like I don't talk about myself to other people it's that I throw meaty tidbits about myself wrapped in silliness and I wonder if the person will take the bait. Most people don't so I don't continue. I guess want I want is for people to do what I do, think there's something more in what I said and start trying to figure out what it is. I can see how people can think ENFJs are superficial because I try to be a lighthearted person.
    I can really relate to this.....I'm always asking questions and listening, and asking more 'probing' type questions (but not in a way that it makes the other person uncomfortable) of others - to really try to get to know them and what's going on inside them. In real life, I don't talk much about myself at all. I suppose I tend to deflect personal questions and turn it back on the other person... hmm...

I'd much rather know about the other person than talk about myself.

I dated an ENFJ for about 8 months - we were like two therapists, hahaha...we were both good at digging deeply into the other persons' emotions, etc, and really being *present* for each other, and *really* listening..and both kinda healed each other. So he was actually one of the few people I've ever encountered who was *extremely* present in the moment, and gave 100% of his focus to me and actively tried to find me, and had the knack to bring me out -- he wouldn't let me do any deflecting. :-) So he got a lot more out of me than most people would. And, based on what he told me at the time, I know I helped him in a similar way.

MBTI
    Infx

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I dated an ENFJ for about 8 months - we were like two therapists, hahaha...we were both good at digging deeply into the other persons' emotions, etc, and really being *present* for each other, and *really* listening..and both kinda healed each other. So he was actually one of the few people I've ever encountered who was *extremely* present in the moment, and gave 100% of his focus to me and actively tried to find me, and had the knack to bring me out -- he wouldn't let me do any deflecting. :-) So he got a lot more out of me than most people would. And, based on what he told me at the time, I know I helped him in a similar way.
    I knew someone like that! He really had that effect on me, helped me find the "me" I didn't even know about. I got so frustrated when he turned tail and ran before I got the chance to return the favor. I know he has to come into himself on his own time, but damn.. knowing I could help and not being able to really sucks. Especially when I'm still his friend.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.