• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ahem... DO YOU SPEAK LOUD?!?!

Ahem... DO YOU SPEAK LOUD?!?!

• Total voters

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have the ability to speak loud if I want to, but that's not too often. Overall, most people tell me I speak softly and have a nice voice. . .but like most people, I don't like my voice.
When I hear my own voice played back to me, I think I sound like Darlene from Roseanne. Nobody else thinks so, though. Thank goodness.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Quietly, unless something incenses me and is simple enough to address.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I like to think I have the full range - loud and soft. I often try to listen to people and soon ask them to speäk up or to repeat their words. Nothing like that is ever - or very rarely - asked of me. I use soft voice as well. I bet my yell could be heard a mile away in urban énviŕonment and ten miles in the mountains.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
At school, I couldn't speak audibly/articulately, especially in front of a group. When my turn came to read in front of class, people would tell me to speak up. I felt like I was yelling, but they still couldn't hear me. It was stressful, and it only made me more shy. These days, people don't ask me to repeat myself, so I figure they can hear me fine.

Though I'm definitely an introvert, my behavior around those I'm close to is noisy and melodramatic. Yesterday, I mentioned it to my mom to see if my perception of it was right...

Me: "Hey, I was thinking the loudest person in our family—"
Mom: "It's you."
Me: "—is me. Wow, you didn't even have to think about it. :blink:"

I'm the one who embarrasses my family by laughing and speaking too loudly in public. When I feel safe with people (and I only feel that way with my family), I have less of a filter. I talk too much and too loudly. Everyone else gets my medium or medium-low volume. Lucky them.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) no. Im quiet.
2) hate when people speak loud. Sensitive ears i guess.

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I voted loud because I can get really excited (AND I AM A VERY LOUD EXCITED PERSON :frolic:), but overall I'd say medium.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I SPEAK VERY LOUDLY USUALLY ESPECIALLY WHEN I AM EXCITES

But then I have my formal, eloquent business voice.

Then when I'm pissed I'm very, very quiet.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't speak loud except when I have to. My estj father is very loud and obnoxious which results in me preferring the other direction.

I use to be shy and quiet, but eventually I learned to grow out of it. Nowadays I'd say I go from medium to medium-low usually, but my voice is deep and monotone often which makes it a bit hard to hear supposedly. Let alone my british accent that occasionally comes out... but it works either way usually. Just not around people like father who had blasted their eardrums with loud noises all their life yelling in thir job. I'm more like the artist, and I only speak up with excited in deep conversations. Basically I have a passionate speech but it very rarely comes out. I can be loud when I have fit in around people but I rarely ever do that because it feels fake.

So my vocal range varies but generally quiet than normal. But not mumbling.

--

When I am in a bad mood I barely talk at all...and when I do, tis after a long silence and extremely blunt. It is basically medium but a tinge of forcefulness behind it do to irritation.

Cosm

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
We are truly heard not for the loudness of our Voice, but for the loudness of our Words!

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Depends on how excited I am. Medium-Quiet is probably my default.