• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ahem... DO YOU SPEAK LOUD?!?!

Ahem... DO YOU SPEAK LOUD?!?!

• Total voters

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Despite being a somewhat reserved appearing person, I am a loud talker when I am in the middle of telling about something. I think I always had that tendency, but it was exacerbated by becoming a teacher and musician, both of which involve talking to groups of people and making yourself heard. I was really embarrassed when I became aware of it, and have curbed it a bit for my voice's sake, but other that that, have grown to accept that it is kind of a part of how I am. Usually I am fairly aware of people stuff, but I am awkwardly unaware (or even aware somehow of my unawareness) of some obtuseness at times, despite being hypersensitive to other aspects of interpersonal connection and the voice thing is only one small symptom of it.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah so was mine, but you aren't comprehending what i'm saying so was mine. and i had really shit sound not loud at all, if i turn my speakers past 30 % currently its too loud before i reinstalled the drivers i would have it a 100 and had trouble hearing the sound. and i don't have intermitten deafness. so you aren't factoring everything in. if you are great, I really don't care. there's no notability in having a quiet voice, i am often not heard in real life. and maybe my voice has gotten less quiet over time cuz i'm so frustrated with always repeating myself.

Lol...

violett

No, quietly and calmly articulate language at least semi intelligently under most normal circumstances, unless I feel angry, then its no holds barred.

Mole

Permabanned
In public we speak quietly and softly. It is good manners. It is a cultural trait. On the other hand sometimes people from another culture plonk amongst us, and we can tell this because they speak loudly in public. Of course we know it is just a cultural trait and they are not trying to be rude. But when in Rome do as the Romans do.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I mostly growl at people these days, not too loudly but loud enough to terrify.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You get so angry sometimes...chillax...
I wasn't angry. don't tell me to chillax. because that shit actually makes me angry. I was explaining something. explaining=/=anger.

You are like 90% of the other people on this forum. try to shut me up and discount what i'm saying by saying i'm angry. I wasn't angry til you said I was. I'm tired of people taking my voice and writing me off on here.

violett

PURPLECHICKENS, (what kind of name is that?) please, stop trying, its painful

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
When I was in theater in high school I didn't have to be mic'd in a 1300 seat auditorium.

Cygnus

PURPLECHICKENS, (what kind of name is that?) please, stop trying, its painful
I've seen your pic. You're a dude and your name is "violett."

Though, took me a while to realize "prplchknz" meant "purple chickens." I always sounded it out as "perplutchkinz."