User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ahem... DO YOU SPEAK LOUD?!?!

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...I SPEAK VERY LOUD!

14 24.56%
  • I speak at a MEDIUM volume.

13 22.81%
  • (...no, I am quiet)

30 52.63%
First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I have a hard time speaking to groups of people I don't know. I am slightly ackward IRL but people laugh, even qhen I am being serious :/
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

I tend to get voluminous the more excited I get. But overall my voice carries unfortunately and I tend to regret how clearly I can be heard given some the faux pas I commit.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2 so/sp

I soften my voice a lot, so it's not uncommon that people can't catch what I'm saying. When speaking in a formal tone I am at normal volume but tend to rattle a bit.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Yeah I have to fight this thought process too.. I mean, soft spoken people are fine when it's quiet anyways, but what gets me is soft spoken people will be upset at loud people just as much. While I can see frustration in @Cimarron for example who is really soft spoken, and I have issues hearing him sometimes if we're in a louder place, but I can tell he makes an effort to be heard when it's louder.

I don't have bad hearing.. but mumbling, grumbling, low-tone voices are not something I'm accustomed to trying to hear, particularly in loud places. Try to speak up, or don't get upset that I can't hear you. Because while it may be a liiiittle annoying that my voice can drown out yours during a heated conversation, at least you can hear what I'm saying.
    The problem is that I seem to have only two volume settings: One is quiet and calm, the other is loud (maybe medium-loud) and pissed off. I'm aware that I mumble, so when someone can't hear me, I speak loudly and clearly, with obvious enunciation, so I T-A-L-K....L-I-K-E....T-H-I-S, and hopefully don't have to repeat myself again. Of course, then it sounds like I'm being a smartass, which maybe I partially am, but the fact that I have to raise my voice in the first place is kind of taxing, as you pointed out/ noticed, so it does kind of get me annoyed. A notoriously loud-spoken coworker once asked me "Why can't you speak up, without the attitude?"
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.
    Likes The Wailing Specter, /DG/ liked this post

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

My voice is medium but I talk a lot in social.
    I make sure to interact warmly and correctly
    But at home I talk to myself.. sign of loneliness and talkless people
    I wish my family doesn’t see me in mornings because I can’t reply the good mornings
    Hot yet cold.. Haha
    I talk to you guys in my imagination
    Perhaps it’s because I’m a mad INTJ
    or an ENTJ with the passion to guide
    If I’m an INFJ, I’m mad mad mad.
    I’d be impressed if I was.
    Anyways.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    The problem is that I seem to have only two volume settings: One is quiet and calm, the other is loud (maybe medium-loud) and pissed off. I'm aware that I mumble, so when someone can't hear me, I speak loudly and clearly, with obvious enunciation, so I T-A-L-K....L-I-K-E....T-H-I-S, and hopefully don't have to repeat myself again. Of course, then it sounds like I'm being a smartass, which maybe I partially am, but the fact that I have to raise my voice in the first place is kind of taxing, as you pointed out/ noticed, so it does kind of get me annoyed. A notoriously loud-spoken coworker once asked me "Why can't you speak up, without the attitude?"
    Imagine being a loud person and having to speak up!! I'm nearly always sarcastic when I have to speak up because I almost feel like "HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY NOT HEAR ME?! I AM CONSTANTLY TOLD TO BE QUIET! ARE YOU DEAF!??!"

You know though, from the other side of the grass.. it is very deflating for the ego sometimes to be told to lower one's voice constantly. It takes the wind right out of the sails. To me, more so than speaking up because someone can't hear.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Imagine being a loud person and having to speak up!! I'm nearly always sarcastic when I have to speak up because I almost feel like "HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY NOT HEAR ME?! I AM CONSTANTLY TOLD TO BE QUIET! ARE YOU DEAF!??!"

You know though, from the other side of the grass.. it is very deflating for the ego sometimes to be told to lower one's voice constantly. It takes the wind right out of the sails. To me, more so than speaking up because someone can't hear.
    What I hate are people who insist on giving maybe half their attention when I'm speaking to them. Then they ask me to repeat it because they weren't quite listening. The next thing that comes out of my mouth could be the loudest thing they ever hear in their life. Could because I may just walk out the door in disgust instead.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    What I hate are people who insist on giving maybe half their attention when I'm speaking to them. Then they ask me to repeat it because they weren't quite listening. The next thing that comes out of my mouth could be the loudest thing they ever hear in their life. Could because I may just walk out the door in disgust instead.
    Oh dear, my temper is so short for this kind of thing! My mom she'll get mad, but usually because she talks at us (aka doesn't get our attention before talking) and then gets upset when we don't listen to her.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ

No. People tell me to speak up a lot of times and it pisses me off because after a certain point I feel like I'm screaming. Some times it even hurts my throat. Sorry I can't talk any louder with my normal voice and I don't feel like yelling just now so deal with it and pay more attention.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Yeah, I can imagine, and I don't doubt that.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.